Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Good start

Hard to call it that but 1-2 avoids the early sweep and hole it would entail. Also, a nice clutch win in game 3 of the series.  It is a mixed bag particularly given that the Phils were at home.

• Like 1

Gonna get those god awful city connect jerseys revealed 

Some of these guys should be embarrassed by their walk-up songs.  Realmuto and Bryson Stott especially.  Just horrible. 

• Like 2

Harper does not seem right

Extra inning slam for the bullpen. 🤣

How Connor brogdon is still with this organization is pretty amazing. 

• Thanks 1

If topper and dombrowski had any balls brogdon would be packing his bags for single A tonight but you know they’ll trot his stupid ass out there again in two days

• Thanks 1

Can't wait until the postgame when Thomson says he thinks he threw the ball well and battled

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bryce Harper has been absolutely brutal to start this season.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bryce Harper has been absolutely brutal to start this season.

Doesn't he always start slow? 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doesn't he always start slow? 

Last year in his first eight games he hit 344. And the first month of the season (for him as he was out the month of April) he hit in 315. In 2022 he started off slow. In 2021 he hit .280 the first week and .321 in April. 

Can you believe he asked for more money?

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Last year in his first eight games he hit 344. And the first month of the season (for him as he was out the month of April) he hit in 315. In 2022 he started off slow. In 2021 he hit .280 the first week and .321 in April. 

I must be thinking of someone else then or I'm only remembering 2022

2 more baserunners picked off tonight. Is that not a reflection of the Manager? I'm sure he will have some sort of lame ass excuse for it.  This same Manager who keeps trotting Brogdon out there.

When does DD start feeling some heat? He's the one who basically brought the same team back after their epic NLCS choke job and who unnecessarily gave Nola that stupid ass contract. When does his seat start getting warm? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

2 more baserunners picked off tonight. Is that not a reflection of the Manager? I'm sure he will have some sort of lame ass excuse for it.  This same Manager who keeps trotting Brogdon out there.

When does DD start feeling some heat? He's the one who basically brought the same team back after their epic NLCS choke job and who unnecessarily gave Nola that stupid ass contract. When does his seat start getting warm? 

The base running issue has been a problem since Gabe Kapler was the manager. The fact that we keep having it every single year is a problem. It feels like at least once or twice a week we do some dumb base running decision. And Castellanos already had one this week.

my issue with their entire off-season was, they said they spent money. No you spent money on Nola. Which people didn’t want you necessarily to bring him back on that type of contract. I much prefer Montgomery or snell on 1 year deals then Nola at 7. Frankly, I didn’t love the Yankees giving Garrett Cole a 9 year contract when he was 29 and he was a better pitcher than Nola. And now he’s dealing with an elbow issue in year five of that contract and if it’s severe he’s going to opt into the contract and you’re stuck with him for four more years where he might never be the same after that injury.

they essentially spent money to have the team that was the same  team as last year that wasn’t good enough and not improved except for merrifield. 

• Like 2

Just checking in with all the Rojas fans. Will he get a hit this week? Will he be batting over .100 by June?

This team might lose 100 games with a 220M payroll.  Time to clean house 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Just checking in with all the Rojas fans. Will he get a hit this week? Will he be batting over .100 by June?

He should’ve started in triple A and got him some confidence. You can see right now he’s completely lost and needs to get some confidence. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He should’ve started in triple A and got him some confidence. You can see right now he’s completely lost and needs to get some confidence. 

Yeah, he looks exactly how he did in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

This team might lose 100 games with a 220M payroll.  Time to clean house 

thats scarier like that's alot of money being lost which you cant afford to do, so they have to do something or else or it's going to be curtains for the ownership.

Harper looks old suddenly. Or his back is bad. Something is not right

23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Harper looks old suddenly. Or his back is bad. Something is not right

I think it’s probably his back. But the other issue that’s not being discussed is they don’t have a cleanup hitter on this team. Jt Realmuto is not a cleanup hitter anymore. He’s having a solid season, but he’s not a cleanup hitter. Alec bohm is not a cleanup hitter. Castellanos should be a cleanup hitter but he’s not consistent enough to drive home runs and he doesn’t give quality at bats . So when you don’t have any protection behind him Teams are going to give him not good pitches to do anything with and face the guy behind him because they’re more comfortable getting that guy out. they know harper is eventually gonna start pressing and swinging at bad pitches. It’s why i think it’s pretty big if they go after after Juan Soto next offseason 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think it’s probably his back. But the other issue that’s not being discussed is they don’t have a cleanup hitter on this team. Jt Realmuto is not a cleanup hitter anymore. He’s having a solid season, but he’s not a cleanup hitter. Alec bohm is not a cleanup hitter. Castellanos should be a cleanup hitter but he’s not consistent enough to drive home runs and he doesn’t give quality at bats . So when you don’t have any protection behind him Teams are going to give him not good pitches to do anything with and face the guy behind him because they’re more comfortable getting that guy out. they know harper is eventually gonna start pressing and swinging at bad pitches. It’s why i think it’s pretty big if they go after after Juan Soto next offseason 

Schawrber is a cleanup hitter but he wants to lead off

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Schawrber is a cleanup hitter but he wants to lead off

I’ve come to the conclusion they are never moving him out of leadoff so you don’t actually have one