Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Turner swinging at a pitch at his eyeballs for his 3rd K of the day. That contract is gonna be brutal. 

29 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

First Sanchez, then Marte pitching scared. Like, why are they nibbling? They aren't facing the Braves or Dodgers, it's the freaking Nats. Throw the ball over the damn plate and let your fielders make plays. 

Give credit to marte held it just one. He’s actually been pretty good this year considering he was a dumpster fire last year 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Give credit to marte held it just one. He’s actually been pretty good this year considering he was a dumpster fire last year 

Yeah you're right, he has pitched very well. My anger was more towards Sanchez walking 3 guys and seemed to be nibbling all day driving up his pitch count. 

• Like 1

At least they won a series

51 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah you're right, he has pitched very well. My anger was more towards Sanchez walking 3 guys and seemed to be nibbling all day driving up his pitch count. 

Honestly the hitting is a bigger issue right now to me. They have the same issues that cost them a ws, the nlcs last year and much of the year last year. They need more guys that can hit with RISP. I do wonder if the brewers make this hoskins available at the deadline if he’s not in consideration especially if Castellanos and Rojas continue to stink. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly the hitting is a bigger issue right now to me. They have the same issues that cost them a ws, the nlcs last year and much of the year last year. They need more guys that can hit with RISP. I do wonder if the brewers make this hoskins available at the deadline if he’s not in consideration especially if Castellanos and Rojas continue to stink. 

Would the Phillies eat humble pie and admit that it was a mistake to let Rhys go? I don't know if they would do that. Plus, you would have to trade Castellanos then put Harper back in right field. Would Bryce agree to that? Then Rhys could play 1st.  Who the hell is gonna take on NC's contract? The Phillies would have to eat half the contract and probably throw in a player for that to happen. 

Another way would be to trade Schwarber and make Rhys the dh. While I think trading Schwarber is certainly doable, how would the clubhouse feel about that? Things to think about. 

6 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Would the Phillies eat humble pie and admit that it was a mistake to let Rhys go? I don't know if they would do that. Plus, you would have to trade Castellanos then put Harper back in right field. Would Bryce agree to that? Then Rhys could play 1st.  Who the hell is gonna take on NC's contract? The Phillies would have to eat half the contract and probably throw in a player for that to happen. 

Another way would be to trade Schwarber and make Rhys the dh. While I think trading Schwarber is certainly doable, how would the clubhouse feel about that? Things to think about. 

I’m guessing it doesn’t happen but i do think it’s easier to convince the Phillies to let Bryce Harper play the outfield for 2.5 months rather than an entire season. Especially if Harper goes to them saying we need to bring him back. I think Harper would agree if it gave him a better shot to win a title right now in his prime. Your outfield is likely Harper, marsh and Castellanos. I’d move Castellanos all the way down to 9th in the lineup. Go schwarber, Turner, Harper, Hoskins, realmuto, Stott, Bohm, marsh, Castellanos. Don’t love Hoskins and realmuto as both righties back to back but that lineup is significantly better and gives Harper much more protection. Add on it’s just til the end of the season and then you are going after Soto and Harper likely goes back to first  

You’re likely gonna keep castellanos because nobody’s gonna want that contract. No one wanted it this past offseason according to Jayson stark and the Phillies weren’t willing to eat a chunk of that contract. Which means you are stuck with it for the next 2 years too. I do wonder if they designate him for assignment if he’s just this bad all year. They are screwed with that contract until it runs out.

if Rojas continues to look this bad he’s getting sent down. So marsh becomes CF. Meaning still have a spot in LF. As we are stuck with Castellanos 

before any mention of trout, the issue with trout is he and Castellanos have contracts longer than 2 years. It basically takes out out of the Juan Soto sweepstakes next year. I think that’s a major reason why they won’t do it. They rather have Soto next offseason and a good portion of his contract in his prime then trout having 6 years left after this year and you hope he gives you 3-4 whereas Soto is 26 next year and if he gets a 10 year deal there’s a good chance he’s good for the majority of those 10 seasons 

• Sad 1

What are we doing with Rojas? Sitting him? Sending him down? Trading him?

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

What are we doing with Rojas? Sitting him? Sending him down? Trading him?

He's starting tonight. Looks like they're trying the one day off strategy. We will see if it will somehow make him a good player. 

Rojas inching his way closer to passing Castellanos. It’s dead even .125 avg for both 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

He's starting tonight. Looks like they're trying the one day off strategy. We will see if it will somehow make him a good player. 

Apparently it worked

• Like 1

Turnbull is dealing with a low pitch count..... Let's take him out! Smh

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Turnbull is dealing with a low pitch count..... Let's take him out! Smh

Yep, Rob T never ceases to amaze us with his pitching decisions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yep, Rob T never ceases to amaze us with his pitching decisions. 

I am convinced these decisions are coming from upstairs

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I am convinced these decisions are coming from upstairs

Then shame on him for being a puppet. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So he is batting .075 since game 1 of the NLCS. Rojas isn't even that pathetic at the plate. 

• Like 1

That a boy Marsh! Got it back!

• Like 1

Wow, just heard that error was only the Cardinals third of the season. Hell, Turner has 3 by himself. 

Rojas with another hit! 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rojas with another hit! 

He passed Castellanos in average after tonight. 154 vs. 118

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1