Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

20 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Then shame on him for being a puppet. 

Pay me a few million and I will take the pitchers out after one pitch if they want 

For F sakes

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Risp is the devil to this team! @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

Dodgers brah

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Dodgers brah

Are you all LA except the Eagles? Lol

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Risp is the devil to this team! @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

I said the same thing last year and I’ll say it again this year, they never replaced Hoskins bat. Especially with runners in scoring position. He was their best hitter in 2022 with runners in scoring position. He hit .292. It’s eventually going to catch up to them like it did last year. It’s why next offseason i think they go all out for Soto if he makes it to FA 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Are you all LA except the Eagles? Lol

I don't watch baseball. I find it boring. My gramps and dad were Dodgers fans. I like to see them do well because of that. Outside the Lakers, I root for the Trojans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said the same thing last year and I’ll say it again this year, they never replaced Hoskins bat. Especially with runners in scoring position. He was their best hitter in 2022 with runners in scoring position. He hit .292. It’s eventually going to catch up to them like it did last year. It’s why next offseason i think they go all out for Soto if he makes it to FA 

At least bohm was able to make them pay this time

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

At least bohm was able to make them pay this time

He was actually one of the few consistent hitters with risp last year. Once again he’s hitting .333 this year. Problem is when they try to move him up into the cleanup spot or 3 hole that’s not where he’s at his best. Has been his best 5-7 in the lineup. Less pressure. Also the issue he wasn’t good with risp in the playoffs. Frankly cause they needed to keep him around 6-7 in the lineup 

9 hours ago, Godfather said:

I don't watch baseball. I find it boring. My gramps and dad were Dodgers fans. I like to see them do well because of that. Outside the Lakers, I root for the Trojans

I don't like Trojans (one of the benefits of being snipped!!) LMFAO

Not a good game for Wheeler tonight, 3 runs against this crap team, and the offense is dreadful

The offense is a big problem

6 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

The offense is a big problem

Yup. Still can’t hit worth crap with risp. I love how people on here and on Twitter all offseason were like oh they spent money this off-season. Go look at how much they spent. No you spent money on nola and merrifield. That was about the only thing you spent money on. And you knew your lineup had an issue all playoffs with risp and on offense unless they hit homers. It’s not a surprise this team is hit or miss on offense. It’s constructed that way and they miss way too consistently with risp in the playoffs to make it 4 rounds without it catching up to them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. Still can’t hit worth crap with risp. I love how people on here and on Twitter all offseason were like oh they spent money this off-season. Go look at how much I spent. No you spent money on nola and merrifield. That was about the only thing you spent money on. And you knew your lineup had an issue all playoffs with risp and on offense unless they hit homers. It’s not a surprise this team is hit or miss on offense. It’s constructed that way and they miss way too consistently with risp in the playoffs to make it 4 rounds without it catching up to them 

I never understood why everyone was ok with what we have right now. The fact they did absolutely nothing in the offseason to improve this team really makes me mad. They aren’t good enough to win the World Series and we still don’t have a closer too. This team has a lot of holes right now and it’s gonna end in disaster again if they don’t do something fast 

5 years from now and that is being kind, this is going to look so bad with a broken down Haprer and Turner and Nola getting lit up every start

Just now, RoadToHell said:

I never understood why everyone was ok with what we have right now. The fact they did absolutely nothing in the offseason to improve this team really makes me mad. They aren’t good enough to win the World Series and we still don’t have a closer too. This team has a lot of holes right now and it’s gonna end in disaster again if they don’t do something fast 

I think the wind up making the playoffs because they have more talent than a lot of these teams. But the problem is still going to exist when you get to the playoffs. Your closer spot was an issue in the NLCS. You need to likely add a bullpen arm at the deadline. Preferably a guy who’s been a closer in big games. As much as I’d like Alvarado and Hoffman, I don’t think that’s their best value. You want them when it’s a critical spot and need a big out. Soto has done it before, but even though he’s been good so far this year, I still don’t trust him yet.

The lineup still has the same issues it’s always had. Even go back to the 2022 run. They lost that World Series because they couldn’t hit with runners in scoring position. You lost the series to the Diamondbacks besides Kimbrel being garbage because you couldn’t hit with runners in scoring position for much of the last part of the series and you were bad at it all playoffs last year. You just managed to hit enough home runs were didn’t affect you in the first two rounds and first two games. you have the same issue. At some point in time if you don’t fix it, it’s gonna keep getting you in the end. And right now it’s probably gonna catch up to them in the playoffs again. 

At least he’s consistent 

The Phillies are 30-157 with RISP so far this season, a .191 average. Only the Twins and White Sox are worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

The Phillies are 30-157 with RISP so far this season, a .191 average. Only the Twins and White Sox are worse. 

Lol. Love how they knew this during the postseason and thought the same lineup would just do better and teams wouldn’t exploit it this year after seeing the dbacks win a big series doing it 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Fire the hitting coach?

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Fire the hitting coach?

Doubt that does anything. If they continue on this path though I would seriously consider clipping the Manager. They need a wake up call one way or the other. If they are still a .500 team and 10 games out in early May, I can see it happening. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Fire the hitting coach?

The one saving grace that he had last year was that the young kids were hitting well and improving. Marsh, Bohm, Stott and Rojas all got better during the season. the veterans had their issues at times. Now the young kids like Bryson Stott, Alec bohm, and Rojas don’t look good. At some point question comes in  where are you Improving? You still have the same runners in scoring position problem. And now you’re young kids are regressing to start the year besides marsh. 

Probably no Harper or realmuto today so another lost series