Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

51 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Use an AD BLOCKER but site is safe

https://sportshd.sx/

Thanks for the link. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Yep, forget about it then. I wonder if any of the players that the Braves extended to long-term deals over the last couple of years have Boras as an agent. 

11 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Interesting. I've always found the alure of Boras to be overrated. As we all saw this past off-season, neither Snell, Montgomery, nor Bellinger signed anything close to what they were expected to get and it also cost them spring training time. I also just read that Montgomery dropped Boras as his agent. Hopefully more follow suit.

I read somewhere that Atl. does not want anything to do with Boras. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Rojas misjudges balls all the time but his speed helps him make up for it, he is not a gold glover

You can tell the directive from the team today to the broadcasters is make excuses for Walker

• Like 1

No reason for Walker to be in the rotation. The dude is nothing more than a 4 or 5th starter. Just make him the long reliever. Turnbull deserved to stay in the rotation over Walker 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No reason for Walker to be in the rotation. The dude is nothing more than a 4 or 5th starter. Just make him the long reliever. Turnbull deserved to stay in the rotation over Walker 

Everybody knows this. It’s only because of that stupid contract is why he is in the starting rotation. He deserves to get sent to the bullpen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Stott with 2, 2 run homers. Hopefully this is the start of him turning it around. 

• Like 1

How long until idiot Topper and Dombrowski admit their mistake with this loser?

Horrible game for Harper today, bad baserunning, crappy at bats and that ball was a double play ball

5 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

How long until idiot Topper and Dombrowski admit their mistake with this loser?

3 years

• Angry 1

Feels like we are doing everything in our power to give the padres this game 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Feels like we are doing everything in our power to give the padres this game 

Horrible Defense

11 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Horrible Defense

At least we didn’t blow it. 

• Like 1

A sweep is awesome but Walker sucks. Eat that contract and put Turnbull back in the rotation. Walker is gonna lose more games for us than win. The offense bailed him out today but 6 runs is terrible. 

If the Phillies can go 2-1 vs. the Angels, a 7-3 west coast trip would be fantastic...sweep the Angels and 8-2 would be about the best you could have ever hoped for!  They are 1.5 games behind the Braves and have the 2nd best record in the NL.  And I agree with Walker, pull him for Turnbull and move Walker to the bullpen as a long reliever.  Like so long!

• Like 1

Good start. Credit to the Phillies for taking care of business against bad teams. However i also think some of this is we’ve played a lot of teams below .500.  the reds are the only team we’ve faced over .500 (currently) and went 3-4

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Good start. Credit to the Phillies for taking care of business against bad teams. However i also think some of this is we’ve played a lot of teams below .500.  the reds are the only team we’ve faced over .500 (currently) and went 3-4

Kind of a skewed stat, though....   Opening day wasn't until April 5th in 1993 and April 1st in 2011.   It was March 29th this year. 

They went 17-5 (.772) in 1993, 18-8 (.692) in 2011 and are currently 18-8 as well this year, so they'll play 6 more games than 1993 and 2 more games than 2011.

• Like 1

Can we leave Castellanos in Anaheim? 

Quit Fing using Dominguez and send him to the minors already with an "injury”

• Like 1

You just knew the game was lost when you see Dominguez 

• Like 1

JFC Dominguez. Dude has absolutely no control and cost the Phillies two runs cause he has absolutely no control