Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

lol Castellanos striking out on a pitch right down the middle of the plate. 

• Haha 1

Brutal

Dominguez and Castellanos should be in single A

• Like 1

Drop Dominguez, move Turnbull to the bullpen. We desperately need another RHP in the bullpen to replace Dominguez.

That keeps sanchez in the rotation giving it more L/R balance. 

Also I'm fully out on Nick at this point. Idc about his contract, if this team is serious about winning they will have to upgrade before the deadline barring some crazy offensive run by him the next few months. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Drop Dominguez, move Turnbull to the bullpen. We desperately need another RHP in the bullpen to replace Dominguez.

Also I'm fully out on Nick at this point. Idc about his contract, if this team is serious about winning they will have to upgrade before the deadline barring some crazy offensive run by him the next few months. 

He will have a good two week stretch and they will use that as an excuse to keep running him out there

• Like 1

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

lol Castellanos striking out on a pitch right down the middle of the plate. 

Its called plate discipline, he learned that in spring training

5 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I’d 15 day IL dominguez. Then send him on a 2-3 week rehab to figure his crap out. If he comes back and same problem is just DFA. I’m guessing someone snags him but at this point he had issues last year with consistency and now he’s just awful. At some point it might not be fixable here 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d 15 day IL dominguez. Then send him on a 2-3 week rehab to figure his crap out. If he comes back and same problem is just DFA. I’m guessing someone snags him but at this point he had issues last year with consistency and now he’s just awful. At some point it might not be fixable here 

Risky in a different way...... The Mets prior GM Eppler did a few of those......and he got caught.....now hes on a 1 yr suspension...... gotta have a solid reason to IL a guy.

Only shot is to ask him to go to AAA for a few weeks to sort through it.

Trout injured again

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Trout injured again

Auto L tonight 

11 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Auto L tonight 

Should be an easy win tonight

I had to look up to see what happened to Trout- torn meniscus. So, he will miss 2-3 months. Simply amazing the injuries this guy gets every year. 

23 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I had to look up to see what happened to Trout- torn meniscus. So, he will miss 2-3 months. Simply amazing the injuries this guy gets every year. 

It’s such a shame he keeps getting serious injuries year after year. It’s like he’s cursed 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

It’s such a shame he keeps getting serious injuries year after year. It’s like he’s cursed 

I agree. Just imagine what his stats would be if he only missed half the games he has. 

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Trout injured again

This is why I said I wouldn’t trade for him. I don’t think he’s going to age well where he stays healthy consistently. 

• Like 1

I hope Spencer pitches with a huge chip on his shoulder tonight and throws another absolute gem and gives the 1 finger salute to Topper

• Like 1

Schwarbomb!

Wow what an impressive inning by Turnbull to not allow a run to score when he was doing his greatest Dominguez impression there early. That’s one of the best innings I’ve seen get out of trouble this season. Over 25 pitches and no runs allowed. McCarthy is drinking again calling Stott Chase Utley 

• Like 1

FFS

Bullpen is horrendous. Turner can’t make a fundamental play cost them the game

Leave it to the Phillies to find a way to lose a series to the crappy angels 

Phillies have a major, major problem in the bullpen. There’s nobody they can rely on besides Hoffman and Alvarado. Everyone else is absolute garbage 

Alex Bohm is on pace for 162 RBIs

Nothing like realmuto swinging at 3 straight pitches and none were in the strike zone