Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

36 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

This team sucks 

They are the flyers on grass

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They are the flyers on grass

Would’ve also accepted the eagles without pads 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

5-1 to start, 1-5 since.  Same old .500 Phillies

image.gif.2bed76055cf5ba8ba6125c9b76bcba4f.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

5-1 to start, 1-5 since.  Same old .500 Phillies

Not surprised. I don’t see how anyone would have bought into the hot start

24 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not surprised. I don’t see how anyone would have bought into the hot start

Can’t win many games when nobody is hitting. LF AND CF are black holes.

5 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Can’t win many games when nobody is hitting. LF AND CF are black holes.

The mccutchen contract looks worse and worse. They overpaid and gave him an extra year they shouldn’t have. I think most of us on here said that when they initially signed him 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The mccutchen contract looks worse and worse. They overpaid and gave him an extra year they shouldn’t have. I think most of us on here said that when they initially signed him 

The 3rd year was totally unnecessary given his age and recent trajectory. More proof Klentak was a complete disaster of a GM.

• Like 1

This might be one of the worst times for Philly sports that I can remember in my lifetime, based on just how awful three of the four teams are. If it wasn’t for the Sixers, I’d say that it’s THE worst I can ever remember. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

This might be one of the worst times for Philly sports that I can remember in my lifetime, based on just how awful three of the four teams are. If it wasn’t for the Sixers, I’d say that it’s THE worst I can ever remember. 

I guess you don't remember the late sixties/early seventies. All four teams were bad. Then the Flyers started getting good and the Phillies and Sixers soon followed. Took the Eagles a little while though.

10 hours ago, nipples said:

Somewhere around 1996-1997 was terrible.  The Sixers were bad enough to get the first pick.  The Phillies were in the Desi Relaford and Bobby Estalella era.  The Eagles had Bobby Hoying.  The lone exception was the Flyers, who got swept in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Phillies other than a few good stretches in the last 40 years have been a pitiful

12 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Phillies other than a few good stretches in the last 40 years have been a pitiful

I actually looked from the year 1984 (after their 1983 World Series) thru last year how many winning seasons the Phillies had in that time. In 36 seasons they had 12. Thats 33 percent of the time they a winning record. No other team in the city is as bad during that period. The sixers were the closest with 15. 

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually looked from the year 1984 (after their 1983 World Series) thru last year how many winning seasons the Phillies had in that time. In 36 seasons they had 12. Thats 33 percent of the time they a winning record. No other team in the city is as bad during that period. The sixers were the closest with 15. 

Surprised it has been 12, thought it would be much less but I assume many of those years are just barely above 81 wins

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Surprised it has been 12, thought it would be much less but I assume many of those years are just barely above 81 wins

The 2001-2011 period was surprisingly good run that decade. They had 10 out of 11 seasons with a winning record. 

37BB07A6-CD50-4A5D-B889-3D4C95D0A382.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Somewhere around 1996-1997 was terrible.  The Sixers were bad enough to get the first pick.  The Phillies were in the Desi Relaford and Bobby Estalella era.  The Eagles had Bobby Hoying.  The lone exception was the Flyers, who got swept in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Yeah I thought about that one too. The Flyers making the cup saved it from being a slam dunk for me as the worst Philly sports year of my life. This year is looking very similar. The Eagles may surprise but I doubt it. Sixers are our only hope. 

Back in the World Series again. This teams loaded. Eflin is our ace. 

• Haha 1

Bohm is striking out at a way higher pace than he was last year. 

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

I think he’s pressing and hitting too high in the lineup right now. I’d actually move segura to leadoff with how he’s hitting (.319, OBP .364– mccutchen has been awful), didi to the 2 hole and hoskins to the five hole and bohm to 6th. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Seems like he’s just a tad off. I think he’ll come around. He’s not hitting terribly just seems a bit off timing wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he’s pressing and hitting too high in the lineup right now. I’d actually move segura to leadoff with how he’s hitting (.319, OBP .364– mccutchen has been awful), didi to the 2 hole and hoskins to the five hole and bohm to 6th. 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Seems like he’s just a tad off. I think he’ll come around. He’s not hitting terribly just seems a bit off timing wise. 

The list of Phillies hitters to explode onto the seen only to never reach that level again is depressing.  Let’s hope Bohm isn’t the latest.  

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The list of Phillies hitters to explode onto the seen only to never reach that level again is depressing.  Let’s hope Bohm isn’t the latest.  

Meh, idk even in his struggles right now it’s not like he’s horrible at the plate. Still seem like decent at bats. I hope so too. 

46 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Harper with a bad back already.

He was having back issues last year. Very worrisome. Also, how many more games do we have to watch Matt Moore pitch, or shall I say attempt to pitch? Absolute garbage. 

• Sad 1