Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

When you have molina as catcher you don't need Mike friggin Maddux coming out and wasting everyone's time

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

He was having back issues last year. Very worrisome. Also, how many more games do we have to watch Matt Moore pitch, or shall I say attempt to pitch? Absolute garbage. 

Yeah the Matt Moore experience has been a failure. At this point let howard or Medina try. Couldn’t be worse than Moore. 

Least shocking velasquez about to implode 

wow i can’t believe they got out of that. If they manage to somehow come Back to win its cause of that bases loaded zero out jam they gave up 0

3 hours and still in the 6th. Hilarious 

Girardi said Matt Moore is making his next start? Where is that? Coors Field where he has a 14.73 ERA  🤣

In my best "Bob Ueker" voice, and Harper crushes one towards South America

• Like 2

Can we please not have mccutchen bat leadoff. He’s batting .170 and OBP of .319. 

• Like 1

Nola was much more efficient today. Wasn’t continuously trying to get guys to chase out of the zone. Didnt use his cutter as much. I also wonder if not playing the NL East. All last year that’s who we faced

Back in the World Series again. Nola or Eflin winning the cy young. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Not Matt Moore?

17 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Damn wheeler getting dissed 

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not Matt Moore?

He’s awful. I was at the game yesterday and because of his actions I had to watch Vince Velasquez pitch live and in person

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Damn wheeler getting dissed 

Sorry, only as good as your last start around here. 

5 hours ago, NYEagle said:

In my best "Bob Ueker" voice, and Harper crushes one towards South America

Nice, though I prefer "(The Right Fielder) is going to need a rocket up his ass to catch that one".

Ueker had some great lines in that film, but the best one (and maybe the best line ever in any film) is the old vet pitcher asking "Are you telling me Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?".   :roll:

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

Nice, though I prefer "(The Right Fielder) is going to need a rocket up his ass to catch that one".

Ueker had some great lines in that film, but the best one (and maybe the best line ever in any film) is the old vet pitcher asking "Are you telling me Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?".   :roll:

Or if that’s not Shaquille O’Neal in left that baby’s gone. 

he has a bunch of good sayings in those movies. Honestly rube baker has some classic lines in the second movie. Frankly Parkman, Randy quaid and baker were great additions to the second one. 

The Phillies are actually mildly outpacing expectations very early this year.

The strength of the team, IMO, is not the lineup...it's the Nola/Wheeler 1-2 punch.  They aren't going to be mistaken for Halladay/Lee by anyone (nor do we have anyone great behind them), but they give the Phillies the edge in a lot of pitching matchups.

Bullpen improvements and back of the rotation inning gobbling upgrades can always be acquired mid-year.

I think the real problem holding them back has always been the bats.  For all the analytics, OBP, launch angle, etc...the batting avg stat is too often overlooked.  A high batting avg reflects someone who is not too streaky, puts the barrel on the ball, and will reliably drive in RISP.  For all the bat investments, this lineup has so many guys that are just batting average anchors in the .230-.260 range over the last 2-3 years.  Too many streaky, easy outs, very few that ascend into that .285+ or threaten to break .300.  Hoskins is a career .240 hitter, Mccutchen hitting .250 as a Phil.  Even Harper in the mid .260's as a Phil.  That's 1B and both corner outfielders, the positions that should house your high end pure hitters.

• Like 2

No production at all from CF.  I heard Franzke say yesterday CF was 5-for-50 with one XBH this season

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

No production at all from CF.  I heard Franzke say yesterday CF was 5-for-50 with one XBH this season

😬 yeesh

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bohm please. 

I’d actually move up segura with how he’s hitting right now. He’s batting .352 with a .380 OBP. Only Realmuto and harper have higher OBP. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fine.  Either way.  Never understood McCutcheon leading off and Hoskins hitting 2nd.  I know, Hoskins draws walks.  Don’t care.  His job should be to drive the ball.  

Next year they are going to need to find two outfielders with mccutchen gone and a hole in CF. Hopefully one is a leadoff guy and the other one is a good 7-8 hitter. However looking at the market next offseason it’s not exactly good for needing an outfielder. 

Matt moore in Covid protocol....season is over

3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Matt moore in Covid protocol....season is over

Well he was coughing up runs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I’ve seen mccutchen hit a 2 hopper to the 3rd baseman 45 times this year already.