Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

31 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Eh, its a long season. Right now our biggest problem is our 4 and 5 starters cant pitch more than 3 innings. 2nd biggest is that our leadoff hitter cant hit.

I’d also say our centerfielders are also an issue. I believe the Phillies are getting the least production out of the entire league from the position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d also say our centerfielders are also an issue. I believe the Phillies are getting the least production out of the entire league from the position. 

Yeah I dont disagree. I think the other two issues are much more important though. We could be fine even with minimum production out of CF if the other two were fixed.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

3rd base is an issue also, and short

Odubel who was basically bad the last season he was up is gonna save us...

Odubel has a better chance of beating out some grounders. 

44 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

What a pathetic organization.

Don’t worry odubel will get punched out multiple times tonight. 

54 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That Rhys hoskins is so hot right now! 

That'd be cool if he could get his old swing back like he had before Kapler and all the analytics messed him up.  A nice trio of Hoskins, Harper, and Realmuto.  Be nice if they had a leadoff hitter who could back above the Mendoza Line.  And find serviceable 4th/5th SPs, maybe 2 more RPs that aren't awful along with a CF that could produce better than bottom of the League.  So not much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That'd be cool if he could get his old swing back like he had before Kapler and all the analytics messed him up.  A nice trio of Hoskins, Harper, and Realmuto.  Be nice if they had a leadoff hitter who could back above the Mendoza Line.  And find serviceable 4th/5th SPs, maybe 2 more RPs that aren't awful along with a CF that could produce better than bottom of the League.  So not much.

They really wouldn’t have this many needs if klentak’s drafting wasn’t miserable and the player development was better. We drafted Haseley top 10 and moniak first overall. Neither look like anything more than a 4th outfielder at the moment. Plus Spencer howard and Medina should be given a chance at the 4/5 they have more upside than chase or Moore or velasquez. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They really wouldn’t have this many needs if klentak’s drafting wasn’t miserable and the player development was better. We drafted Haseley top 10 and moniak first overall. Neither look like anything more than a 4th outfielder at the moment. Plus Spencer howard and Medina should be given a chance at the 4/5 they have more upside than chase or Moore or velasquez. 

Vinny should strictly be an inning eater RP.  He can do 1-2 IPs in relief this way no opposing hitter seems him a 2nd time.  That's when they start hitting him.

Phillies are handling their young Ps the way the Flyers under Hexy handled their young players.  It doesn't have to be sink or swim, but they need experience.  There's a way to work them in and keep their heads above water at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Vinny should strictly be an inning eater RP.  He can do 1-2 IPs in relief this way no opposing hitter seems him a 2nd time.  That's when they start hitting him.

Phillies are handling their young Ps the way the Flyers under Hexy handled their young players.  It doesn't have to be sink or swim, but they need experience.  There's a way to work them in and keep their heads above water at the same time. 

When he does RP he is hit or miss. He’s so mentally fragile. He should be in the clay condrey role where it’s basically mop up duty. 

I look at Howard being 24 years old you need to find out if he’s going to sink or swim. Like the Phillies need to see what he is. He might need to fail initially so he can learn to adjust. If he doesn’t learn to adjust then he isn’t the player we thought. 

14 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I mean, he's leading the majors in HR's right now..... I'd say it's back.

5 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I mean, he's leading the majors in HR's right now..... I'd say it's back.

Has 6 homers in his last 6 games. He also looks more comfortable at the plate and getting better extension on his swing then during spring training. His OBP is .293. I’m guessing he’ll have that up to around .330 or higher by the end of the year. 

really harper, hoskins and realmuto and even segura haven’t been out issue with the lineup. It’s legitimately everyone else. Cf and LF has been a disaster. 

Impressive the Phillies have gone 19 straight games without back to back wins. 

That didn’t look good for harper taking that ball off the face 

Cutch actually got a hit after Harper and Didi got hit by pitches

19 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Cutch actually got a hit after Harper and Didi got hit by pitches

Don’t worry he struck out the next time with a runner at second to end the inning 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t worry he struck out the next time with a runner at second to end the inning 

He had some good rips.  Smart to take him out of the leadoff spot

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

He had some good rips.  Smart to take him out of the leadoff spot

If segura didn’t get hurt he really should be batting leadoff right now. He was hitting .333 and .360 OBP