Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

They will be lucky to win 2 of the next 6 

27 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They will be lucky to win 2 of the next 6 

At least that nats series we don’t face scherzer. Also when the hell did jon Lester join the nats? 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At least that nats series we don’t face scherzer. Also when the hell did jon Lester join the nats? 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cubs/ct-chicago-cubs-jon-lester-washington-nationals-20210119-peapzyzw3zewncomdjfado55ba-story.html

28 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Dang i would’ve loved to have Lester on a one year deal with a mutual option for a second. Would’ve made for a solid 4th starter at this stage of his career. 

This is pretty much a guaranteed win

Wtf is this Cozi channel and why is the feed 1998 zenith tv quality

20 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Wtf is this Cozi channel and why is the feed 1998 zenith tv quality

This is horrible i am now watching on the nbc sports app on my Apple Tv

3 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

Can the bullpen hold this lead?

No

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

This is horrible i am now watching on the nbc sports app on my Apple Tv

No

It seems Cozi is lucky. Hopefully we’ll play every game on this channel

• Sad 1

Well I’m guessing after that 6 run first we might not score the rest of the game. May the odds forever be in eflin’s favor when the pen comes in 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well I’m guessing after that 6 run first we might not score the rest of the game. May the odds forever be in eflin’s favor when the pen comes in 

This will somehow turn into a one run game

Here is a stone cold lock, in two weeks that stadium won’t even be half full

Hopefully by chasing the SP in the first game of the series in the 1st inning that this puts stress on ATL's BP for the rest of the series.  Need Eflin to pitch into the 7th and would also be nice for the O not have blown their load in the 1st inning and will add some runs this game.

Hoskins on his way to the Golden Sombrero. At least they got 1 run that inning. 

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Hoskins on his way to the Golden Sombrero. At least they got 1 run that inning. 

Rhys Hoskins

Carter Hart

Carson Wentz

• Like 1

Wow, Jesse Biddle is still in the league. Had no idea. 

Just now, vsptroops said:

Wow, Jesse Biddle is still in the league. Had no idea. 

I think he was on atlanta last year too and i believe he had one start where he dominated us as well last year. 

• Like 1

Nice swing by Bohm. Got a run back. 

Nice swing by Bohm. Got a run back. 

Bohm has been hitting better as of late. He’s 8 for his last 26 at bats which is .308

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he was on atlanta last year too and i believe he had one start where he dominated us as well last year. 

Now that you say that, I think I do remember him last year. I just remember the Phillies drafting him because he was from the area. I'm sure they passed over someone who was a lot more productive than this stiff. 

• Haha 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bohm has been hitting better as of late. He’s 8 for his last 26 at bats which is .308

Yeah he is good when he doesn't over swing. When he takes what the pitcher gives him he is usually good. 

Now that you say that, I think I do remember him last year. I just remember the Phillies drafting him because he was from the area. I'm sure they passed over someone who was a lot more productive than this stiff. 

He was from Germantown and had a power arm when he came out. I know they were super excited for him and he never materialized. Syndergaard went 11 picks later. But really syndergaard and Aaron Sanchez from picks 25 to 50 ever really amounted to anything. Yelich went 23rd. Biddle was 27th

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah he is good when he doesn't over swing. When he takes what the pitcher gives him he is usually good. 

He also got robbed a few times early in the year where he hit the ball on the screws and just unfortunate. I think he’ll be fine. Not sure he’ll ever be a .300 hitter but i think he could be .275 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was from Germantown and had a power arm when he came out. I know they were super excited for him and he never materialized. Syndergaard went 11 picks later. But really syndergaard and Aaron Sanchez from picks 25 to 50 ever really amounted to anything. Yelich went 23rd. Biddle was 27th

Sounds like not a good draft. Other than Syndergaard and Yelich(who was picked before the Phillies pick) not much then.