Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Nothing i love more than harper swinging at pitches bouncing at the plate and realmuto just watching strike 3 called on a pitch straight down the middle of the plate 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Harper’s been awful lately.  

His at bats the last two nights have been really bad. He’s 0-7 with 4Ks and just swinging at crap. He’s fortunate last night the Braves pitcher threw it away in extras 

and there’s Aaron nola just throwing it right in freeman’s wheelhouse who crushed it. Legitimately Freeman in his worse slump of his career phillies manage to give him 2 homers in back to back days 

Yup.  Blow the 2nd game of the series by letting ATL come back 3 times (twice from more than 1 run down) and then lose the rubber match.  Way to kill that momentum and get your team off a positive roll. 

10 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yup.  Blow the 2nd game of the series by letting ATL come back 3 times (twice from more than 1 run down) and then lose the rubber match.  Way to kill that momentum and get your team off a positive roll. 

They are who we thought they were.... a .500 ball club. This team is too flawed as currently constructed to be anything more.

They need a legitimate above average center fielder, another quality 3/4 starting pitcher and another 1 or 2 above average relievers.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I am so tired of this offense going into a shell when they get down by 4+ runs, early.  The game isn't over.  This team quits almost as much as the Flyers.  So Nola didn't have it.  Ok, hit your way to a comeback win.  Or at least show some effort.  

Thanks for the tweet like ^_^

41 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

They are who we thought they were.... a .500 ball club. This team is too flawed as currently constructed to be anything more.

They need a legitimate above average center fielder, another quality 3/4 starting pitcher and another 1 or 2 above average relievers.

I would argue they need a LF too. Mccutchen is Fing terrible in the field. In the past week he’s had 3 blunders. Jayson stark was on Mike misseneli this week and mccutchen said he was having trouble picking up the ball in the outfield ans at the plate. He was debating getting his eyes checked out. So instead of just doing it knowing this was an issue he is thinking of it. His fielding blows. 

as for pitching I’d actually consider looking to acquire someone like Marquez of the Rockies. His ERA looks worse cause of the one awful outing against the giants at coors. I think if you get him out of coors even if it’s CBP it’ll help. 

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

So, not that much then?

Yup.  This will be what they do for the season.  Play well and win the majority of their games for a small stretch and then find ways to lose the majority of their games for a small to moderate stretch.

Nola is too inconsistent to be a #1.  He's at best a #2 or #3.  Eflin, if he continues his progression, could overtake him.  Wheeler has outperformed Nola so far.  And CF (especially) along with LF have been bottom of MLB in terms of production, both from on O and D perspective.  And it wouldn't be the Phillies if we weren't lamenting the BP. 

.500 is glass half full.

3 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

So, not that much then?

Yup.  This will be what they do for the season.  Play well and win the majority of their games for a small stretch and then find ways to lose the majority of their games for a small to moderate stretch.

Nola is too inconsistent to be a #1.  He's at best a #2 or #3.  Eflin, if he continues his progression, could overtake him.  Wheeler has outperformed Nola so far.  And CF (especially) along with LF have been bottom of MLB in terms of production, both from on O and D perspective.  And it wouldn't be the Phillies if we weren't lamenting the BP. 

.500 is glass half full.

There’s a good chance the Phillies don’t win another playoff game in my lifetime. I’m only in my 30s but pretty confident saying at least the next 10-15 years. 

• Sad 2

Must win 2 of 3 this series

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Must win 2 of 3 this series

You’ll take 1 win and 2 blown saves and like it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I feel good about tonight :phil:

Interesting convo on the radio about trading for kris Bryant. Extending him. Then moving him to first and trading hoskins to get a centerfielder. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting convo on the radio about trading for kris Bryant. Extending him. Then moving him to first and trading hoskins to get a centerfielder. 

Yeah that’s not happening 

There’s my theory in play. If you have bases loaded no outs or one or and don’t score your opposition scores 75% of the time the next half inning 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why wouldn't they keep Bryant at 3rd and put Bohm at 1st and still trade Hoskins for a CF? Seems more logical to me. Not that this is gonna happen anyway.  

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Why wouldn't they keep Bryant at 3rd and put Bohm at 1st and still trade Hoskins for a CF? Seems more logical to me. Not that this is gonna happen anyway.  

I think the theory was you could go either way with Bryant and bohm 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You’ll take 1 win and 2 blown saves and like it! 

Headed for number 1 <_<

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d be all for this.  I have seen enough of Hoskins.  Guy is extremely streaky and seems a little fragile.  His defense is atrocious.   

Someone suggested keep hoskins at first. Bohm at 3b and move Bryant to CF lmao. I was like Bryant and mccutchen in the outfielder is a disaster 

• Like 1

Joey Sunshine feels good about absolutely nothing, but he felt good about this game? Lol, ok.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Joey Sunshine feels good about absolutely nothing, but he felt good about this game? Lol, ok.

You can just feel neris giving a walkoff homer coming. 

• Sad 1

Clearly Andrew Knapp is better than realmuto!