Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Realmuto does not deserve to be an all star

Really only wheeler does. Realmuto got there on name reputation. I’d argue segura is more deserving but i don’t think he’s even played enough games to qualify. 

14 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

There was no doubt they lose today

I went to the game yesterday. You can blame me for the loss.

Phillies dodging a bullet

596E6CC9-A8B9-4B8E-A0BD-0BF2C676CFF4.jpeg

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You tell me who in the NL deserves to be selected as the catcher if not JT.  I’ll wait.  

I don't know but just because he is the best out of bad bunch does not mean he deserves to be an all star, just means he has to be because they need catchers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s kind of the point.  They need a catcher.  It’s not about who "deserves” what.  We don’t deserve to watch some of the crap sports teams lately.  But we have to, out of obligation and boredom and insanity.  

Philly teams really need to get Nickelodeon involved in the coverage. At least make it entertaining to watch

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s kind of the point.  They need a catcher.  It’s not about who "deserves” what.  We don’t deserve to watch some of the crap sports teams lately.  But we have to, out of obligation and boredom and insanity.  

Obviously many players don't get chosen because of the position they play but deserve it more, also the must have a player from each team has to go

Tired of Herrera and his disappearing acts

I’ll add buster posey has been the best catcher in the NL this year. He’s batting .328, 12 homers and 28 RBI OPS .968

could make the case for will smith and Molina over realmuto 

will smith: .261 10 homers and 29 RBI OPS .832 and war 2.1

molina: .257 8 homers, 38 RBIs and ops .731

realmuto: .263 10 HRs, 31 RBIs and ops .805

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m close to turning on Harper.  I’m tired of this garbage.  

Hoskins would say He hit it hard at least

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Posey yeah.  Who’s hurt.  But not the other two.  You can make the case.    But you’d be wrong.  

Me personally.  I don’t think anyone other than Wheeler should be able to go.  But there’s not a lot of competition for catcher.  And I agree about Segura.  He’s their best hitter.  

Posey just got hurt. I think realmuto would have made it anyway. This feels like cause the position is down right now and name recognition only. 

i think segura is more deserving but he’ll never get that nod cause of the time he missed but he’s actually been way better than the past couple years. He actually has decent value on the trade market cause of that. Plus he has another year which at 14.85 mil if he hits like this it’s actually not a bad contract and easily moveable next year if a team falls out of contention 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s why you don’t have Didi bunting with a man on 2nd with no outs when the wind is blowing out.  

I doubt the Phillies would do it but i do wonder if didi gets hot if they’d deal him at the deadline. Frankly i tend to think he needs to play second and hope stott can make it up to the majors sooner rather than later. 

Bullpen has 6 outs to blow this! Can they blow 8 runs... idk but i wouldn’t be shocked 

Congrats to bohm surpassed his total of 4 homers last year. Only took him 80 games 

Nola sucks on the road

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Nola sucks on the road

In fairness since the beginning of May he’s really been mediocre to bad in 6 of his 11 starts home or road and only 4 quality starts in those 11 starts

867D231B-5B1B-4211-B77D-33505542B81A.jpeg

37 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

In fairness since the beginning of May he’s really been mediocre to bad in 6 of his 11 starts home or road and only 4 quality starts in those 11 starts

867D231B-5B1B-4211-B77D-33505542B81A.jpeg

Try some positivity

c8y0TLSe4YmiAJ71_4pGEC34vrIr19djTOvNZmZX

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Try some positivity

c8y0TLSe4YmiAJ71_4pGEC34vrIr19djTOvNZmZX

I’m positive this team misses the playoffs 

• Sad 1

It's too bad they can't play the Cubs everyday. Phils looking like the 98 Yankees offensively. I'm very glad that they rocked that stiff Arrieta. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

6 innings. 6 hits. 4 runs. 8 Ks.  With the wind blowing out.  I wouldn’t consider that "sucking”.  

I think the issue is people think he’s an ace still. He’s really not. Wheeler is. Certain days nola can be a ace or solid no. 2. But there’s been way too many starts this year where he’s been less than a no. 2. his road era since 2019 is on average 4.92. Last 3 years on the road it’s been 5.19, 4.26 and this year 5.32 (before tonight)

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the issue is people think he’s an ace still. He’s really not. Wheeler is. Certain days nola can be a ace or solid no. 2. But there’s been way too many starts this year where he’s been less than a no. 2. his road era since 2019 is on average 4.92. Last 3 years on the road it’s been 5.19, 4.26 and this year 5.32 (before tonight)

Yikes that's horrible. I saw on the broadcast that the opponent has a .310 BA against him the 3rd time through the order. Thats Velasquez territory but with him, its the second time through. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yikes that's horrible. I saw on the broadcast that the opponent has a .310 BA against him the 3rd time through the order. Thats Velasquez territory but with him, its the second time through. 

It’s been a pretty amazing decline by nola on the road. Cause he was at like 2.41 in 2018 which at home was 2.34 so he was consistent regardless of where he pitched. 

The eagles beating the bears 15-7. Hurts just needs to pick up some first downs with his legs and we are golden 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s been a pretty amazing decline by nola on the road. Cause he was at like 2.41 in 2018 which at home was 2.34 so he was consistent regardless of where he pitched. 

It would be nice if someone would ask him or Girardi about it. You can expect maybe a slight drop but that is ridiculous. There has to be a reason that nobody is picking up on.