Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2020? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

Quinn should never have been allowed on the team flight back to Atlanta after SB LI. I'd have fired his a** the second James White crossed the goal line in overtime. 

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Any thoughts on Zimmer being on the hot seat? 

If he is, I think that would be stupid. Every now and then a good coach has a crappy season. We fired our future Hall of Fame coach after one of those. It was stupid then and is obviously stupid in hindsight.

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Rough start to this year for sure, but I'm thinking not yet.

5 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If he is, I think that would be stupid. Every now and then a good coach has a crappy season. We fired our future Hall of Fame coach after one of those. It was stupid then and is obviously stupid in hindsight.

I think for both our sakes, both Reid and the Eagles needed a change. Apart, they both won a Super Bowl. I don't know they do that if they were still together. 14 years is a long time not to win one. It took until his 21st season to finally get it.

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Zimmer isn't even close to a HOF head coach.  As for Andy Reid, are you serious?  He made some of the worst decisions with coaches, drafting, and especially during games in Philly after being here for 14 years.  It was time for a change.  Even if we struggle to find continuity moving forward, it proved to be a great decision for both Andy and the Eagles.  

On 10/18/2020 at 9:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Depends. Was it his idea to sign Curt Cuzinz?

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

Zimmer isn't even close to a HOF head coach. 

When did I say that Zimmer was close to being a HOF coach?

9 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

When did I say that Zimmer was close to being a HOF coach?

I thought you inferred it from the direct comparison to Andy Reid. My mistake.  

13 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think for both our sakes, both Reid and the Eagles needed a change. Apart, they both won a Super Bowl. I don't know they do that if they were still together. 14 years is a long time not to win one. It took until his 21st season to finally get it.

Big difference.  Everyone realized they needed to part ways and move on.  Lurie is still very close to Andy.

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Big difference.  Everyone realized they needed to part ways and move on.  Lurie is still very close to Andy.

Not sure what that has to do with my post. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Not sure what that has to do with my post. 

Just my point the Eagles and Andy knew it was time to part from a working relationship. 

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Just my point the Eagles and Andy knew it was time to part from a working relationship. 

Lol, that’s pretty much what I said. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'll be surprised if Matt Patricia has a head coaching gig a year from now.

Fired

On 11/28/2020 at 3:04 PM, LacesOut said:

At least the Iggles aren't the Lions. Jeeze what a cluster of an NFL Org.

Eagles are heading in the wrong direction. So who knows. No hope for years. No talent, no salary, no coach, no QB lol.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, paco said:

Not really a big surprise. When he was hired, I didn't think he'd be particularly successful. 

22 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Eagles are heading in the wrong direction. So who knows. No hope for years. No talent, no salary, no coach, no QB lol.

I wouldn't necessarily say no hope for years. I think there's reason to be hopeful if the right moves are made. But that's the key to this. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not really a big surprise. When he was hired, I didn't think he'd be particularly successful. 

A lot of Pats assistant coaches are awful HC's.

I'm honestly surprised Gase still has a job 

14 hours ago, Mat said:

A lot of Pats assistant coaches are awful HC's.

I'm honestly surprised Gase still has a job 

Yeah, that coaching tree has traditionally sucked. Andy's has what, two Super Bowl victories, so far?

Archived