Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2020? Who gets fired

VaBeach_Eagle

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, that coaching tree has traditionally sucked. Andy's has what, two Super Bowl victories, so far?

Yup. It’s funny how both got their rings before he did though. 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:08 PM, Mat said:

A lot of Pats assistant coaches are awful HC's.

I'm honestly surprised Gase still has a job 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:26 PM, Mike030270 said:

Keep hoping I wake up to news of Doug and Howie firing

I keep praying for the Howie firing. I'm still a little on the fence with Doug. I mean if he were to be fired I wouldn't be shocked or disappointed but I wouldn't be devastated if he stayed but with a huge shake up with coaches.

I would not mind seeing another HC here with a better/different Offensive philosophy get a shot at coaching Wentz. 

Not a head coach but Gregg Williams of Saints Bounty fame is now available.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-fire-dc-gregg-williams-in-aftermath-of-last-second-loss-to-raiders

On 12/2/2020 at 8:04 AM, paco said:

His coaching tree is on the rise. NY Media has us believing Joe Judge is Mr. Perfect and that Dolphin coach is doing well too.

Lol every day after a game I'm hoping there's going to be news of Lurie firing Howie and everyone else

Hopefully he's just waiting for the end of the season

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol every day after a game I'm hoping there's going to be news of Lurie firing Howie and everyone else

Hopefully he's just waiting for the end of the season

Hopefully. I have my doubts that he's going to fire Howie though. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One week away from the 'dreaded' Black Monday!

Just have a bad feeling everything will remain the same. 

36 minutes ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

Just have a bad feeling everything will remain the same. 

With regard to the Eagles? I don't see Doug being fired. Howie? Not sure he gets fired either. Not so soon after our first Lombardi. Doug may feel pressure to shake up the staff though. Maybe he can get Frank Reich fired, then re-hire him as OC. 

I don't think a SB 3 years ago should have them. They've made horrible decisions since then. The team has regressed significantly. If Lurie is actually paying attention then he cleans house

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think a SB 3 years ago should have them. They've made horrible decisions since then. The team has regressed significantly. If Lurie is actually paying attention then he cleans house

Sadly, Lurie will use every excuse he can think of. 

I would not be surprised if Doug was fired the Jets would bring him in to replace Adam Gase like what happened 26 years ago when Lurie fired Rich Kotite only to see the Jets replace Pete Carroll with him. 

14 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I would not be surprised if Doug was fired the Jets would bring him in to replace Adam Gase like what happened 26 years ago when Lurie fired Rich Kotite only to see the Jets replace Pete Carroll with him. 

You know what... I think that could be a good move for both the Jets and for Doug. I think he would get more power in NY and could go in there and rebuild that offense. The big issue in NY though, or at least the biggest, is the QB issue and they've screwed themselves on getting Lawrence. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what... I think that could be a good move for both the Jets and for Doug. I think he would get more power in NY and could go in there and rebuild that offense. The big issue in NY though, or at least the biggest, is the QB issue and they've screwed themselves on getting Lawrence. 

Doug doesn't want more power never has never will. He even just said it again the other day he wants to coach and nothing more. 

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doug doesn't want more power never has never will. He even just said it again the other day he wants to coach and nothing more. 

I'm sure he'd like to pick his own coaching staff... That didn't seem to happen last year when his staff were fired and they brought in so many other guys. 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That was before Justin Fields had his MASSIVE game in the Sugar Bowl AGAINST Lawrence and Clemson.  At worst, he's most likely the #2 pick with that performance and maybe even usurps Lawrence at #1, especially if as suggested Ryan Day leaves Ohio State to become the new Jaguars Head Coach. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

That was before Justin Fields had his MASSIVE game in the Sugar Bowl AGAINST Lawrence and Clemson.  At worst, he's most likely the #2 pick with that performance and maybe even usurps Lawrence at #1, especially if as suggested Ryan Day leaves Ohio State to become the new Jaguars Head Coach. 

I don't think one game is going to change that much for teams though. I mean if they had Fields ahead of Lawrence before that game then fair enough but I doubt one game would change much. 

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Elway should be gone

Amazing he of all people can't find a QB.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Amazing he of all people can't find a QB.

Just goes to show that great players don't always translate to great FO people or even coaches

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Just goes to show that great players don't always translate to great FO people or even coaches

Yup. It's why I don't salivate at the idea of just making BDawk a DC right off the bat. If he wanted to intern, and work his way up, sure, but we don't know he'd be a great DC despite us loving him.

Archived