Colin Kaepernick

EagleVA

It would be hilarious if the Redskins tried to sign him and he refused to play for them because of their team name. Because that sounds exactly like something he would do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh give me a frickin break. Im going to assume you are just trolling.

He wants the pats to get another 3 super bowls in a row with a QB that hasn't played as a starter in over 5 years... Knowing the content of all his other post this is actually a sincere honest post from him. 

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It would be hilarious if the Redskins tried to sign him and he refused to play for them because of their team name. Because that sounds exactly like something he would do. 

And if he doesn't, give him a history lesson on GPM.

If kaepernick got back into the league and a white defensive player tried to tackle him he will demand a flag and suspension for racist intent.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, paco said:

I was thinking it was either that (he was pretty beat up) or the $$$ he wants. And there really are not a ton of spots that make sense for him.

4 hours ago, paco said:

And if he doesn't, give him a history lesson on GPM.

Focusing purely on personnel, the Redskins would likely be the best fit if he's looking to start or take over after a quick pull of the plug on the Haskins experiment.

But then you remember the Skins hired Riverboat Ron and I'm sure he was utterly thrilled to be away from Newton in the first place. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh give me a frickin break. Im going to assume you are just trolling.

No he’s really this stupid. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, DeathByEagle said:

He wasn't a good QB when he played. He had 2 "OK" seasons. On top of that now he hasn't played in 4+ years?  So if i was a GM I wouldn't sign him just on that. 

Yeah that layoff is pretty much impossible to overcome for a QB.  Especially a QB who never really fully developed the mental part of the game.  I am perfectly comfortable saying that if Kaepernick had not been blackballed, he'd still be out of the league by now.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

that fact that most backups suck. like really bad. the hostetlers & foles are the major exceptions. its not a stretch to think this guy could be better than one of the 32 current #2 qbs.  

Backup you say?

Kaepernick is a starter.

He's definitely a good backup but no one wants the media circus that would follow for a backup role. Also he probably still only wants a starting job and again I don't think many teams would want the circus that follows

On 6/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, toolg said:

Cam Newton boggles me. Is he still hurt and we don't know about it?

I think it's a matter of him injuring more than one thing. His shoulder or arm was injured which is why his throws have been horrible. Then I heard he injured his leg or something

It's a shame because he could have been something. I think Panthers and the HC held him back.

8 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Wasn't he offered a contract by a team after becoming a free agent and he turned it down?

I believe Seattle offered him a backup role. I think the Ravens had interest until his GF or fiancé wrote negative things about the Ravens owner. 

25 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I believe Seattle offered him a backup role. I think the Ravens had interest until his GF or fiancé wrote negative things about the Ravens owner. 

It may have been Baltimore.  I was thinking it was Denver too, but I don't know what happened with that.

17 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

It may have been Baltimore.  I was thinking it was Denver too, but I don't know what happened with that.

Can’t say I recall Denver being in the mix, but certainly possible. 

58 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

download (15).jpeg

Oh Look, a Chicken Farmer from Maryland Eastern Shore.  

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Can’t say I recall Denver being in the mix, but certainly possible. 

When Denver wanted to trade for him when he was with the niners kap refused to take a pay cut. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

When Denver wanted to trade for him when he was with the niners kap refused to take a pay cut. 

Now that you mention that, I think I vaguely recall that. 

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thanks.  I knew there was something with Denver that he refused.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Oh Look, a Chicken Farmer from Maryland Eastern Shore.  

Actually I'm a Medic from the Eastern shore. But what's wrong with chicken farmers? I'm sure they work 10 times harder than you.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Does he deserve a shot? Sure.  Does he deserve to start? Nope

He does deserve one, but no way he would even win a starting job. Aside from the time Harbaugh was in San Fran, Kap really wasn't that good of a quarterback. And now he's been out of the league for almost five years.

• Like 1

The Eagles should kick the tires. They’re going to need a legit backup for Hurts.

7 hours ago, hey suess said:

The Eagles should kick the tires. They’re going to need a legit backup for Hurts.

Should they though? Is Kaepernick a legit back up at this point? Having been out of the league 3 to 4 years. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Should they though? Is Kaepernick a legit back up at this point? Having been out of the league 3 to 4 years. 

Was Vick?

5 minutes ago, hey suess said:

Was Vick?

Fair point. I mean I think it's worth some teams taking a look at him. I'm not sure we are one. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Fair point. I mean I think it's worth some teams taking a look at him. I'm not sure we are one. 

The Eagles are one of only a few teams who would be able to manage a Kaepernick return to the NFL....again, like Vick.

They're a little top-heavy at the QB position right now, though. Good time to shop Carson. Maybe free up some capital for Clowney.

• Haha 1