Colin Kaepernick

EagleVA

1 minute ago, hey suess said:

The Eagles are one of only a few teams who would be able to manage a Kaepernick return to the NFL....again, like Vick.

But I don't think we have a real need to bring him in.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, Mike030270 said:

He's definitely a good backup but no one wants the media circus that would follow for a backup role. Also he probably still only wants a starting job and again I don't think many teams would want the circus that follows

Ignoring the 'blackaballing', there is a pretty big media circus that's going to follow him around as a back up. I think of the Vick situation and how everyone went after the Eagles for signing him. Reid and the Eagles were able to manage it, but the majority of teams are incapable. Then you will have the crowd crying for him to step into a starting role right away causing a QB controversy on your team the day he signs. Unless he signs with a team that has an entrenched starter like a Brees or Mahomes, you're going to have articles coming up every day that he should be starting and player X should ride the bench instead. 

On 6/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

Can’t say I recall Denver being in the mix, but certainly possible. 

On 6/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

When Denver wanted to trade for him when he was with the niners kap refused to take a pay cut. 

It was this. He refused to take less money so Denver pulled the plug. If my memory also serves me correctly he exercised his player option to become a FA and leave the 9'ers after he wasn't guaranteed a starting job and beat for a spot by Blaine Gabbert. He thought he would walk into a starting job elsewhere and that wasn't happening after he lost his job to, Blaine freaking Gabbert

• Like 2

Just let some other team give him his apology job.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

most backups suck.  like really bad.  the hostetlers & foles are the major exceptions.   

Let's not forget  the "GOAT"  Tom Brady.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, Mike030270 said:

I think it's a matter of him injuring more than one thing. His shoulder or arm was injured which is why his throws have been horrible.

Then I heard he injured his leg or something

Cam Newton injured his shoulder (again) in Nov 2018. The Panthers were 6 - 2 at the time and Cam was enjoying arguably his best start ever.  The injury clearly hobbled him which lead to the Panthers going a dismal 7 - 9 for the season.  The team doctor performed corrective surgery in Jan. 2019.  This was the 2nd surgery to the same throwing arm in 2 years.  Then in Sept 2019 he hurt his foot . . . and the always dreaded  Lisfranc  injury was diagnosed.  This injury is always troubling b/c the recovery time is long and, quite often, players try to come back from the injury too quickly and re-injure the foot.  This very injury is what ruined our own Keith Byars college career and hobbled him throughout his NFL career.  Newton clearly could still not play by Nov. 2019 and was put on IR.  The HC was then fired as was Cam b/c Panthers management figured the risk vs. $$  ratio wasn't very good for them. And here we are. 

Soooooo . . . any team looking at Cam has to take all of this into consideration and then ask themselves the Clint Eastwood line:   "Do I Feel Lucky?"    

"Well . . . Do Ya, PUNK ??"

17 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Cam Newton injured his shoulder (again) in Nov 2018. The Panthers were 6 - 2 at the time and Cam was enjoying arguably his best start ever.  The injury clearly hobbled him which lead to the Panthers going a dismal 7 - 9 for the season.  The team doctor performed corrective surgery in Jan. 2019.  This was the 2nd surgery to the same throwing arm in 2 years.  Then in Sept 2019 he hurt his foot . . . and the always dreaded  Lisfranc  injury was diagnosed.  This injury is always troubling b/c the recovery time is long and, quite often, players try to come back from the injury too quickly and re-injure the foot.  This very injury is what ruined our own Keith Byars college career and hobbled him throughout his NFL career.  Newton clearly could still not play by Nov. 2019 and was put on IR.  The HC was then fired as was Cam b/c Panthers management figured the risk vs. $$  ratio wasn't very good for them. And here we are. 

Soooooo . . . any team looking at Cam has to take all of this into consideration and then ask themselves the Clint Eastwood line:   "Do I Feel Lucky?"    

"Well . . . Do Ya, PUNK ??"

Damn. I didn't know it was that much. He's probably done being a starter

Doug Pederson did the obligatory yeah we might be interested in him. Box checked. Now he never has to bring it up again lol.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, toolg said:

Cam Newton boggles me. Is he still hurt and we don't know about it?

I don't think Cam has any interest in being a backup QB, nor do I think many coaches have interest in bringing him in for that role.  He's that polarizing figure with freakish talent, and I think he's waiting out training camp/preseason/early season for someone to go down so he makes the right decision.  I never thought about it this way before until I heard someone say it, but NFL locker rooms are no longer filled with men who put their heads down and do their job.  If he was a backup to a young QB, and that QB struggled a little bit........I'm sure they'd all scream from the mountain tops for Cam.  

**For the record, I don't think Cam is a great QB.  I think the stars aligned in 2015 for him, but he's also a combination of size, speed, and athleticism that we may never see again at that position.  I honestly can't believe he's still in the league after watching the beatings he has taken over the years.  He's a rare breed, but it's not the right fit to be an elite QB.  

LOL at people comparing Vick to Kaepernick.  One of them was one of the most talented football players of all time, and Andy Reid snagged him to coach him up.  He had the speed of a corner and the most ridiculous arm I've ever seen, and we saw that for 10 games.  The other is Kaepernick.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

LOL at people comparing Vick to Kaepernick.  One of them was one of the most talented football players of all time, and Andy Reid snagged him to coach him up.  He had the speed of a corner and the most ridiculous arm I've ever seen, and we saw that for 10 games.  The other is Kaepernick.  

Exactly, Kaepernick was a much slower, even less accurate Vick. Vick had mind blowing athleticism that if anyone could harness it and get him to be a better passer would have one of the most ridiculous QBs ever. Kaep is just another running QB that can win a game with his running ability once in awhile. Vick could literally take over games with his legs and arm when he was on. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, Kaepernick was a much slower, even less accurate Vick. Vick had mind blowing athleticism that if anyone could harness it and get him to be a better passer would have one of the most ridiculous QBs ever. Kaep is just another running QB that can win a game with his running ability once in awhile. Vick could literally take over games with his legs and arm when he was on. 

Exactly.  What's insane is that Vick's arm might have been as impressive as his speed on the field.  I've yet to see anyone throw a football like him.  It's like an effortless slingshot, and with a tiny flick of his wrist, he tosses it 70 yards in the air.  I'm not saying he was accurate or made smart decisions.  I'm strictly referring to his arm talent.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Exactly.  What's insane is that Vick's arm might have been as impressive as his speed on the field.  I've yet to see anyone throw a football like him.  It's like an effortless slingshot, and with a tiny flick of his wrist, he tosses it 70 yards in the air.  I'm not saying he was accurate or made smart decisions.  I'm strictly referring to his arm talent.  

65 yards in the air.  NBD

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, paco said:

65 yards in the air.  NBD

😂 That game might have been the biggest beat down I've ever witnessed.  

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The beauty of that play is that before the game started Leron Landry got in Deseans face and tried to use that as a "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE" moment.  First play of the game: DJax blows by Landry 88 yards for a TD.  :lol: 

That game started a few hours after the R-words gave D-Mac the fake "We're sorry for benching you for Rex Grossman because you can't run the 2 minute drill vs the lions" extension. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Vick got his cleats in the hall of fame for that game

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, hputenis said:

44-6 vs Dallas

13 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

44-6 vs Dallas

Although I was at that game, and the score shows they won by a bigger margin, the blowout against the Redskins was a bigger beat down.  The Eagles were up 35-0 in the beginning of the 2nd quarter.  Absolute massacre.  

• Like 1

Yup.  Like, SECONDS into the 2nd quarter. 

If we didn’t take the foot off the gas we could have possibly broke the all time record.

73-0

bears over the r words :lol: 

• Like 1

The 44-6 game was still close up to about the TMW of the first half. Then Romo got fumblitis and the rout was on. Probably one of the most satisfying football games I've ever watched next to LII... especially when you factor in all of the ish that had to go right during the 1pm games. 

The Redskins game was a massacre from the opening gun. Just a total beatdown. That game had Skins radio announcers talking about "Redskins reparations" the following day. :roll:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

The 44-6 game was still close up to about the TMW of the first half. Then Romo got fumblitis and the rout was on. Probably one of the most satisfying football games I've ever watched next to LII... especially when you factor in all of the ish that had to go right during the 1pm games. 

The Redskins game was a massacre from the opening gun. Just a total beatdown. That game had Skins radio announcers talking about "Redskins reparations" the following day. :roll:

One of the greatest sports rants ever!

• Haha 1

I don’t care if someone wants to give him a shot but he wasn’t any good when he played years ago. Why would he be any better now after taking a few years off. Plus, the media spectacle it would bring wouldn’t be worth it.

So, who is really pushing for Kaeperquit to be signed by an NFL team. Not the owners, not the coaches but some media people, some current and retired players, Political types and for what. Because he was taking kneel-downs at games and then after a while he was out of the game. Be careful of what some of you wish for. He had some good years and probably would have had more but he had an agenda that did not sit well with many people. We have free speech in our country but I am of the old school that if you work for an employer who has certain guidelines for employees then you either agree with the guidelines or don't take the job or quit the job. Protesting should be done on the employees own time "IF " management agrees it will not interfere with the company in any way shape or form, and if all is ok then the employee does it that way. To do it "when on the job" is putting yourself first, disrespecting the employer (company) and then young people watching TV who have never seen this before thinks that's a great way to get your point across. This was a bit longer then I wanted so to get back to the reason for this thread, my answer is a big "NO" to considering Kaeperquit.

16 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

straight into my vein

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, paco said:

straight into my vein

I listened to it again. Still fun to hear.

• Like 1