Hear me out.

Captain F

11 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I thought about this scenario too. I highly doubt they will just sit the starters. I'm sure they will play at least a 1-2 quarters against NO and probably a series against NYG.

I don't think it is the MO of this team to want to sit and rest up. I'm sure some will but a lot won't want to because that just doesn't seem to be the way they are wired.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think it is the MO of this team to want to sit and rest up. I'm sure some will but a lot won't want to because that just doesn't seem to be the way they are wired.

They did it last year against Dallas. I don’t expect, or want that to happen for two straight games, but if we win in Dallas, I doubt seriously all starters play two full games. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They did it last year against Dallas. I don’t expect, or want that to happen for two straight games, but if we win in Dallas, I doubt seriously all starters play two full games. 

Oh they won't play 2 full games and nor should they. But they need to play a part in both I think. Maybe a half against NO and a quarter against NY or something along those lines. 

I'd prefer they play and tear out any plays that require Hurts to scramble for any reason.  Just stay locked and loaded in the pocket.

Practice how to get rid of the ball to avoid sacks without leaving the pocket and risking injury.  

All attempts to scramble should end in a QB slide regardless of the scoring situation.

I wouldn't mind seeing Minshew in the second half of games, with some other backups that might be needed in the playoffs.

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I want 19-1!

Other fanbase would absolutely lose their minds if the Eagles run the table and win the most games ever in an NFL season. Haha!! 

I can hear it now "You guys had an easy schedule. Those 19 wins are bogus!" 

Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, Vee said:

I'd prefer they play and tear out any plays that require Hurts to scramble for any reason.  Just stay locked and loaded in the pocket.

Practice how to get rid of the ball to avoid sacks without leaving the pocket and risking injury.  

All attempts to scramble should end in a QB slide regardless of the scoring situation.

I wouldn't mind seeing Minshew in the second half of games, with some other backups that might be needed in the playoffs.

That’s not going to happen bud. This is their offense for better or worse. They need to run more basic runs with Sanders and stop using him as the lead blocker for Hurts runs. Let the running back run the darn ball more! 

If we lock up the #1 seed, all the guys that typically get the 'rest' designation on Wednesday practices  or were legit Pro Bowl candidates will not suit up for games. Some starters will still suit up because we still need to field a team for whatever games are left. 

It would be nice to win even with the backups at many positions, but that's probably not likely. Our depth is very good and we have plenty of guys that can step in and play with the starters, but when they are all on the field together, there is a big drop off in the product. 

Even though I was hoping Hurts would be a 'go' for the dallas game, Minshew should be quite capable of keeping us competitive throughout the game. The rest of the starters need to step up and rally behind him like we have seen teams do in the past for their backup QBs. 

Looking for Gardner Minshew to go 3-0 and earn himself a starting job somewhere else. He's been a class act he deserves it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well you’re getting your wish. Back to back losses and a meaningful week 18 game 👎

21 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Well you’re getting your wish. Back to back losses and a meaningful week 18 game 👎

I didn't want them to drop 2.. 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, matchew88 said:

Looking for Gardner Minshew to go 3-0 and earn himself a starting job somewhere else. He's been a class act he deserves it.

You might wanna stay off of social media right now.....

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, Captain F said:

If we beat Dallas and lock up the 1 seed, we won't play another meaningful game until Jan 21/22.  That's a really long time.... I never want to lose to Dallas, but losing might not be a bad thing.  Keep them having to play for meaning for another week. A month off is a long time.....

Hope you and fans that wished for losses are happy, because now NY Giants game is a must win!

• Sad 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:57 AM, JournalistMic said:

Hope you and fans that wished for losses are happy, because now NY Giants game is a must win!

The loss to the Saints was far worse than the loss to the Cowboys. They lose ground on getting a higher pick. They fail to get the 1seed which inches Dallas closer. They lose players to injury. Their backup Quarterback shows that if Hurts goes down in the playoffs it’s over. The secondary is seemingly showing it’s age. Most of all we have one more game where we have to risk our starters against the Giants backups and probably have to play Hurts sooner than expected. Just a terrible mess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That first half of the NO Saints game had to make most fans want Minshew gone after the season.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

That first half of the NO Saints game had to make most fans want Minshew gone after the season.

Oh for sure. He was kept to win a game or two if we needed him. It was deemed as more important than a potential mid round pick. He didn't deliver so ultimately he didn't add value.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh for sure. He was kept to win a game or two if we needed him. It was deemed as more important than a potential mid round pick. He didn't deliver so ultimately he didn't add value.

Minshew not only cost the Eagles with his crappy play, he also cost himself a lot of money and a potential chance at a starting job. No excuse when you have the weapons available to you that the Eagles have. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Minshew not only cost the Eagles with his crappy play, he also cost himself a lot of money and a potential chance at a starting job. No excuse when you have the weapons available to you that the Eagles have. 

I doubt those two games changed his perceived value around the league in any way. There's a good chance he'll be the backup here for at least another season --- which I would like to see. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I doubt those two games changed his perceived value around the league in any way. There's a good chance he'll be the backup here for at least another season --- which I would like to see. 

He’s basically gone from being considered a starter in this league to by your own admission a backup so I think his value certainly has changed. 😂

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s basically gone from being considered a starter in this league to by your own admission a backup so I think his value certainly has changed. 😂

He already is a backup. Nothing has changed. Had he balled out during those two starts, perhaps he could have generated some "what if" interest to a team unsure about their QB future. He's still young enough to develop if that were the case. The Eagles clearly viewed him as a backup --- even last year when Hurts' future was less certain and they value having a capable backup. 

Just because a small percentage of fans built Minshew up as a potential savior from Hurts (before this season), does not mean he was ever more than a backup. So, the last two games, if those were an audition of sorts ... they didn't drum up a bidding war. It would be wise for the Eagles to try to work out a 1-2 year deal to keep him as a backup or we will have to address QB2 some other way (there's always Book, but he has zero experience). 

In conclusion, I don't think his value has changed. It didn't go up or down. He is what he is.

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He already is a backup. Nothing has changed. Had he balled out during those two starts, perhaps he could have generated some "what if" interest to a team unsure about their QB future. He's still young enough to develop if that were the case. The Eagles clearly viewed him as a backup --- even last year when Hurts' future was less certain and they value having a capable backup. 

Just because a small percentage of fans built Minshew up as a potential savior from Hurts (before this season), does not mean he was ever more than a backup. So, the last two games, if those were an audition of sorts ... they didn't drum up a bidding war. It would be wise for the Eagles to try to work out a 1-2 year deal to keep him as a backup or we will have to address QB2 some other way (there's always Book, but he has zero experience). 

In conclusion, I don't think his value has changed. It didn't go up or down. He is what he is.

I don’t think it was just the fan base who built up Minshew. There were several members of the media who have as well. One of the hosts on WIP said he read one of the analytics groups listed Minshew as one of the best 32 quarterbacks in football. That means he’s a starter in this league. Stat man Rueben Frank tweeted he thought Minshew was way better than he was. Chris’s Simms said that this offense would be just as good if not better with Minshew. This wasn’t a fan driven narrative. There are several outlets who had Minshew projected much better than he was. Also let’s not forget Minshew was a starter before he was traded to Philly. As far as wanting Minshew back I just feel that the novelty that is Minshew has un it’s course. What has he really been doing since he got here that says the Eagles need this guy as the backup or he’s irreplaceable as the backup? An overblown win against the Jets isn’t enough in my opinion to want him, the stash, and all the overhype back. 

On 1/5/2023 at 6:03 PM, JournalistMic said:

My wishlist would be another run at Foles or to get a backup that can effectively run the system if Hurts goes down. Someone who doesn’t have to be as athletic as Hurts, but can use his legs as a weapon if need be. Plenty of guys like that around like Tannehill or Taylor. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My wishlist would be another run at Foles or to get a backup that can effectively run the system if Hurts goes down. Someone who doesn’t have to be as athletic as Hurts, but can use his legs as a weapon if need be. Plenty of guys like that around like Tannehill or Taylor. 

I think Taylor would be a good shout. I feel like in an offense like ours, if needed, he could do a decent job. He's a pretty smart QB who's able to use his legs. With our OL and weapons I think he'd be OK. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Taylor would be a good shout. I feel like in an offense like ours, if needed, he could do a decent job. He's a pretty smart QB who's able to use his legs. With our OL and weapons I think he'd be OK. 

Tannehill fits the bill too. Not as athletic as Taylor, but someone who can make plays with his legs and is a decent passer with familiarity with Brown. He’s definitely out with the Titans and will probably be looking for a new home. Why not Philly? Also would give him a chance to showcase himself with some really good talent. Most talent he’s been around in his career. 

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think it was just the fan base who built up Minshew. There were several members of the media who have as well. One of the hosts on WIP said he read one of the analytics groups listed Minshew as one of the best 32 quarterbacks in football. That means he’s a starter in this league. Stat man Rueben Frank tweeted he thought Minshew was way better than he was. Chris’s Simms said that this offense would be just as good if not better with Minshew. This wasn’t a fan driven narrative. There are several outlets who had Minshew projected much better than he was. Also let’s not forget Minshew was a starter before he was traded to Philly. As far as wanting Minshew back I just feel that the novelty that is Minshew has un it’s course. What has he really been doing since he got here that says the Eagles need this guy as the backup or he’s irreplaceable as the backup? An overblown win against the Jets isn’t enough in my opinion to want him, the stash, and all the overhype back. 

Chris Simms had to rationalize his Hurts hate. The dude is about as good an analyst as he was an NFL QB. He's a hack that got everything he has from his dad's name. 

As for Minshew, we're talking about a QB2. Sure, everybody would like to have a Steve Young behind a Joe Montana, but that was an anomaly. Minshew wasn't terrific in his 2 starts this year, but the play-calling wasn't doing him any favors. I know he can play better. The Eagles know he can play better. But the league also saw those last two games and now, since he didn't blow viewers away with his performance, he's probably realistically looking at a very modest pay raise in free agency. He's probably looking at a 1-2 year deal and hoping his next "audition" leads to something more. 

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you don't like Minshew because of his last 2 games, then what do you see in Foles? Both guys played on the same team in 2019 and Foles returned from IR and was benched in his 3rd game after in favor of Minshew. Foles has still not managed to stay healthy --- He's basically the D-Jax of QBs. As soon as he plays, he's hurt. I honestly won't be surprised if he just retires after this season. Taylor makes $7M this season. Tannehill makes around $35M this season.