Hear me out.

Captain F

If we beat Dallas and lock up the 1 seed, we won't play another meaningful game until Jan 21/22.  That's a really long time.... I never want to lose to Dallas, but losing might not be a bad thing.  Keep them having to play for meaning for another week. A month off is a long time.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

They’ll probably still play the first half of the saints game. Giving them the 2 weeks off will help. Plus they’ll practice together so timing shouldn’t be too off. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain F said:

If we beat Dallas and lock up the 1 seed, we won't play another meaningful game until Jan 21/22.  That's a really long time.... I never want to lose to Dallas, but losing might not be a bad thing.  Keep them having to play for meaning for another week. A month off is a long time.....

I thought about this scenario too. I highly doubt they will just sit the starters. I'm sure they will play at least a 1-2 quarters against NO and probably a series against NYG.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

The Saints game is very meaningful for a top 6 draft pick.

They’re not going to risk injury for that pick though. 

If we can keep some of these guys healthy for the stretch or returning for it then sit them. Jalen has about one more game to get beat up like this. If we can sit our guys and let them rest I’m all for it. 

The Saints Game will be an important game.  I really don't see us taking that game off when it effects our first round draft pick.

17 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Or...you could play your freaking starters in the other games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They’re not going to risk injury for that pick though. 

They are not going to risk the rust of not playing a real game for about a month.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

They are not going to risk the rust of not playing a real game for about a month.

I’m not so sure about that. This team will practice. I think guys will play some, but no way they’re playing whole games especially Hurts. 

24 minutes ago, Captain F said:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Win Saturday and get this thing wrapped up. I would play the starters the next 2 games after that then sit most if not all of them week 18. Win any of our next 3 and we clinch.

I don't care if the one seed is all locked up, no sensible team is going to sit all their starters for a month, the idea is absurd.

I've said it before but I'm not a fan of sitting starters for full games at all, I've seen more than enough teams do it and get punched in the mouth in the game they were saving themselves for, especially the way this team looks out of sync at times like Today.

Just play the damn games, you're more likely to get injured half assing it than playing full speed 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If the Eagles win vs Dallas, they will play their starters vs the Saints. As they should. And pull them if they get a huge lead. Can't coach scared in this league.

No. Just no. 

Suggesting the Eagles should lose on purpose to the COWBOYS should be an instant ban!

They aren't going to rest starters for 3 weeks in a row: Saints, Giants, bye week. That would make them rusty.

There's no reason why they can't get up for a half against the Saints before a week off against the Giants. There are always going to be challenged on a SB run, having time off from now and the Divisional Round will be one of them.

36 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Man I hate clickbaity titles

@Aerolithe_Lion had THIS to say about Captain F's topic. What comes next no one saw coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reid did this in 2004. We beat Dallas to get to 13-1 and Terrell Owens got hurt. I think the starters played 1-2 series against the Rams, and then didn't play at all against the Bengals. We lost both. We then had the bye and beat the Vikings and Falcons before losing to thre Pats in the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Captain F said:

If the eagles clinch the bye with 2 games left, I could see sirianni selectively resting guys depending on circumstance.  Anybody nursing an injury and some of the older vets.  Or maybe just play guys for a quarter like in preseason.

I just wonder how much the eagles would consider playing everybody against new orleans since the eagles have their 1st round pick and any loss to New orleans could move them up a spot or two.....just a thought. 

5 hours ago, Captain F said:

NEVER accept a loss or losing. Ever.