Hear me out.

Captain F

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Chris Simms had to rationalize his Hurts hate. The dude is about as good an analyst as he was an NFL QB. He's a hack that got everything he has from his dad's name. 

As for Minshew, we're talking about a QB2. Sure, everybody would like to have a Steve Young behind a Joe Montana, but that was an anomaly. Minshew wasn't terrific in his 2 starts this year, but the play-calling wasn't doing him any favors. I know he can play better. The Eagles know he can play better. But the league also saw those last two games and now, since he didn't blow viewers away with his performance, he's probably realistically looking at a very modest pay raise in free agency. He's probably looking at a 1-2 year deal and hoping his next "audition" leads to something more. 

If you don't like Minshew because of his last 2 games, then what do you see in Foles? Both guys played on the same team in 2019 and Foles returned from IR and was benched in his 3rd game after in favor of Minshew. Foles has still not managed to stay healthy --- He's basically the D-Jax of QBs. As soon as he plays, he's hurt. I honestly won't be surprised if he just retires after this season. Taylor makes $7M this season. Tannehill makes around $35M this season. 

Foles has had career years and playoff wins here. They’re not even close to the same in my book. Minshew has done nothing to deserve to be considered on the same level. I just got finished reading an article on Minshew and it was discussing how his father and he were talking about him getting a chance to compete for a starting job. Even Minshew believed he should be a starter and is looking forward in th off-season for that chance. His performance over the past two weeks has hurt that opportunity. Overall I don’t think Minshew fits here and he’s 1-3 in fill in games with injuries. Obviously Tannehill will not be making that kind of money net season, and do you think Minshe won’t get a pay raise next season as well? Mishew hasn’t been stellar here. I wouldn’t be in any rush to bring him back. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Foles has had career years and playoff wins here. They’re not even close to the same in my book. Minshew has done nothing to deserve to be considered on the same level. I just got finished reading an article on Minshew and it was discussing how his father and he were talking about him getting a chance to compete for a starting job. Even Minshew believed he should be a starter and is looking forward in th off-season for that chance. His performance over the past two weeks has hurt that opportunity. Overall I don’t think Minshew fits here and he’s 1-3 in fill in games with injuries. Obviously Tannehill will not be making that kind of money net season, and do you think Minshe won’t get a pay raise next season as well? Mishew hasn’t been stellar here. I wouldn’t be in any rush to bring him back. 

I already said (above) that Minshew should expect a moderate pay raise. He's coming off a rookie contract. I think his market value will be $3-4M per season on a 1-2 year contract. Because of questions, he'll make backup money and look for a short term contract with the hopes of it being a "prove-it" deal.

Nick Foles is 3-11 in games he started the last 4 years. This coaching staff has no ties to Foles. Most of the teammates he had here are gone and of the few remaining, their future with the team is uncertain after this season. We all appreciate Foles and hold his past  performance here in high regard. But like the 2017 pre-injury Wentz, the magic is gone. It's time to let go. 

45 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I already said (above) that Minshew should expect a moderate pay raise. He's coming off a rookie contract. I think his market value will be $3-4M per season on a 1-2 year contract. Because of questions, he'll make backup money and look for a short term contract with the hopes of it being a "prove-it" deal.

Nick Foles is 3-11 in games he started the last 4 years. This coaching staff has no ties to Foles. Most of the teammates he had here are gone and of the few remaining, their future with the team is uncertain after this season. We all appreciate Foles and hold his past  performance here in high regard. But like the 2017 pre-injury Wentz, the magic is gone. It's time to let go. 

There’s no Minshew Magic at all. Nothing worth banking on and his pay raise might not be as moderate as you assume. Also like I’ve already told you he’s looking for an opportunity to compete. His dad already said it’s not about the money so in essence he would take less money to get a chance to start over staying with Philly. Also when it comes to Foles this is all too familiar. Coming in after being left out in the cold and looking like his career is over until he played here again. If they don’t bring him back I won’t be broken up about it. I just think they need to move in a different direction from Minshew. He doesn’t fit and he wants a chance to be a starter again. Also if Steichen does get a coaching job I see a real possibility of Reich returning as OC and there would be a connection with Foles. Just some food for thought.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Tannehill fits the bill too. Not as athletic as Taylor, but someone who can make plays with his legs and is a decent passer with familiarity with Brown. He’s definitely out with the Titans and will probably be looking for a new home. Why not Philly? Also would give him a chance to showcase himself with some really good talent. Most talent he’s been around in his career. 

Hmm not sure I like that shout. Tannehill is not good. Plus he's not going to get too many opportunities to showcase himself as the back up. I can see why you have suggested him though I get the logic.

56 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm not sure I like that shout. Tannehill is not good. Plus he's not going to get too many opportunities to showcase himself as the back up. I can see why you have suggested him though I get the logic.

I’m not 100% sold on anyone really. Not sure who would fit the bill. Just want someone who has some mobility and can throw the ball some in the league. Also I’d prefer a vet player rather than a draftpick.