EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

3) Shane/Siri's reluctance to run the ball with Rb's consistently from the start of the game.

And to add on to that, why we see long stretches of Sanders on the sideline during drives. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Any chance Panthers beat the Saints this weekend?

Panhers run the ball well.  If they stick to that they just might.  

Or maybe they follow the Eagles blueprint and throw it majority of the game, particularly at Lattimore.   

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I'm telling you, he's playing again.

I bet Disney or Netflix is already working on a movie too.  

12 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

How anyone can be confident going into this game is beyond me.  I can see 2-3 ways the Eagles lose this game, let alone the game even being close.

If Minshew starts, prepare for a 4 quarter game.

If Hurts' shoulder isnt 100%, prepare for a close game.

If the same dogshit gameplan is used, we might actually lose.

And you know whoever the hell plays QB for the Giants is going to eviscerate the zone coverage that we inexplicably use for their entire first two 12 play, 80 yard TD drives 

Throw In The Towel GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

No

Why not?  Neither one is actually playing for a playoff spot.  What's to say that the Saints will play harder in the meaningless game than the Panthers?

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well... herein lies the problem either way.  Whether its Gainwell or Scott... I think we can both agree the RB room is deficient in sufficient talent behind Sanders.   I personally wanted a big back on the roster somewhere... and neither Gainwell nor Scott fits that description.

100% agree. I was hoping for another year for Howard or for Sermon to emerge  assuming we weren’t able to land someone else. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Great great news.  I'm not going to make a prediction about his future career path, but if there's no undiagnosed cardiac issue and this was just a case of a perfect storm of things happening at just the wrong moment... it leaves the door open to a return.  And the fact that he's just 24 has to play a role in the speed of his recovery.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Great great news.  I'm not going to make a prediction about his future career path, but if there's no undiagnosed cardiac issue and this was just a case of a perfect storm of things happening at just the wrong moment... The fact that he's just 24 has to play a role in the speed of his recovery.  

Did the doctors say exactly what caused it or what might have caused it?

I actually just saw the hit yesterday for the first time.  Higgins did plow shoulder first right into his chest pretty hard.

16 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Ish I didnt even think about the RT turnstile.   There are 4-5 legitimate ways we could lose this game.  Backups or not, that's just how horribly this team has looked for the last 3 weeks.

That is Negadelphian thinking.

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I actually just saw the hit yesterday for the first time.  Higgins did plow shoulder first right into his chest pretty hard.

They’re still running tests to determine the cause. 

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I haven't heard... but lots of speculation of commotio cordis.

I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one.  Maybe that's what it was.  But I haven't seen confirmation of that from the doctors that treated him at any stage in the process.  And from what I read... that's usually the diagnosis only after everything else has been ruled out, and I'm not sure they've had enough time to rule out the other stuff.

15 minutes ago, mattwill said:

That is Negadelphian thinking.

Just an FYI the days before last weeks game, I stated my concerns and was scoffed at. During the game, no one was laughing.

I once again address my concerns, they remain the same.  It's not negadelphian thinking, it's reality. This team has some real blemeshes that are major concerns. This is NOT the same team it was 5 -6 weeks ago. 

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Great great news.  I'm not going to make a prediction about his future career path, but if there's no undiagnosed cardiac issue and this was just a case of a perfect storm of things happening at just the wrong moment... it leaves the door open to a return.  And the fact that he's just 24 has to play a role in the speed of his recovery.  

If it happened to me, it would be hard for me- to think "hey there was no underlying cause of this" and not think "hey this could very well happen again, because we really dont know what happened" 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

"It is currently Friday afternoon, per sources."   :lol:.  Nothing gets past these sources. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Zac should recognize that there's no rule book in place for what has just happened... aka, there's no black and white to go by.   When was the last time a regular season game was cancelled like this and not scheduled to be made up?  

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

If it happened to me, it would be hard for me- to think "hey there was no underlying cause of this" and not think "hey this could very well happen again, because we really dont know what happened" 

I agree.  But... 24 year olds often see themselves as invincible, and if the doctors can't find a reason to say "No", then he very well may be back.  I can't say whether or not that's the right decision, and we are a long way from there currently.   He's still undergoing tests.

I forgot how horrible this Eagles team actually is. Now that I think about it, I’m surprised they’re above .500, let alone challenging for a division title that by proper rights should really belong to the Cowboys.

Thankfully this charade should all be over in about nine days.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Zac should recognize that there's no rule book in place for what has just happened... aka, there's no black and white to go by.   When was the last time a regular season game was cancelled like this and not scheduled to be made up?  

Does it matter why it was canceled though? 

The NFL rulebook outlines what happens in the event of a canceled game, and it states that the league would rely on winning percentage to determine playoff seeding. 

Seems cut and dry to me. 

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I forgot how horrible this Eagles team actually is. Now that I think about it, I’m surprised they’re above .500, let alone challenging for a division title that by proper rights should really belong to the Cowboys.

Thankfully this charade should all be over in about nine days.

Obvious sarcasm, but there is legitimate concern around the team. The last two weeks have seen an abysmal performance from the D, followed by a really bad showing from the O. With the playoffs around the corner, the Eagles are not playing their best football right now.

Of course, securing a bye, getting rest and some guys back could change a lot of that…but the concern is certainly understandable 

50 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

3) Shane/Siri's reluctance to run the ball with Rb's consistently from the start of the game. 

It feels like their strategy in the beginning of games is to try to assert their will against teams and get them in a hole. That’s why we see the lack of runs on first down and the attempt at quick scoring drives. I think they go into every week with the same goal:

1. Score quickly on the first offensive drive with a majority of passes moving down the field. 
2. Hold the opposing offense to a punt or a field goal.
3. Score again with the pass on the second offensive drive and go up 14-3. 

And to their credit, that’s been the case a lot this season and I really don’t have an issue with this gameplan for the first couple drives. 

It’s when this doesn’t happen is when it becomes a problem. They stay with the same strategy despite it not working and end up going 3 and out three straight times like they did last week. And then we don’t see adjustments until after half. 

But I don’t expect their mentality in the first quarter to change. 

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The most recent news to come out on Hamlin relieves a lot of the great pall that was cast over the league by this injury.  No more intubation.  No more induced coma.  He's talking, he's connecting with friends, he's looking to be on the road to recovery... This should lighten the hearts of the Bills' players, all the players that are close friends with him, and even Higgins who's been dealing with second guessing of himself.   The entire league can breathe a massive sigh of relief with all the great news that's come out over the past 24-48 hours.   And, the league can point to this as a player safety WIN, rather than the negative that it could have been if the folks on site weren't able to do their jobs so (seemingly) flawlessly.  It almost can turn from a PR nightmare to a PR coup.  If it comes out at some point that he was predisposed to a heart condition, that makes it all the more of a PR victory.  If not, that sort of negates the PR victory to a certain extent.  But, the vibe around the league will be dramatically different on Saturday and Sunday because of his progress towards recovery (to whatever extent that will be, full to include football, if that's even a possibility or just 'full to resume regular life activities').

Archived