Coaching

GroundAttack

This team clearly wasn't ready to play today. I feel this coaching staff has gotten too comfortable with where they were before the Dallas game and thought it would be a coast to the playoffs. Now we are down to our 3rd chance to get the division and 1 seed. They were completely unprepared for this game. I'm being all captain obvious here, but Nick wears this loss today. I'm not sure what the hell they did this past week but it clearly did not show. 

• Like 5

GA, it’s hard to win in this league without your starting QB. It’s even more difficult if your starting QB is also your best player. 

In any event, we move on to next week and hope Jalen plays well enough for us to win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

GA, it’s hard to win in this league without your starting QB. It’s even more difficult if your starting QB is also your best player. 

In any event, we move on to next week and hope Jalen plays well enough for us to win.

So once again talent will bail out **** coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a common trend with this coaching staff. They can’t win big games and are constantly out coached. They never make adjustments. I thought maybe they made some when they came out the gate with the fg. But no. It was fools gold. They went right back to being pass heavy even though the run game was working.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thrive said:

With  all the other talent on Offense a  competent back up wins this game easily. The coaches and Minshew blew it. Its that simple. 

• Like 2

We have to play man to man to start out the game with 2 safeties deep. This soft zone week after week is killing us

• Like 5

Offensive playcalling was horrible. Defense wasn't good in the first half but adjusted in the second

Minshew played like crap but we should have been running it more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hard to say what the playcalling could have been like with so many consecutive three and out drives. Four turnovers in two games by the quarterback. That’s completely unacceptable and will destroy any type of offensive playcalling a team might have. The irony of everyone upset these coaches didn’t run more when all last year people wanted to pass more. Guess you can’t please everyone. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hard to say what the playcalling could have been like with so many consecutive three and out drives. Four turnovers in two games by the quarterback. That’s completely unacceptable and will destroy any type of offensive playcalling a team might have. The irony of everyone upset these coaches didn’t run more when all last year people wanted to pass more. Guess you can’t please everyone. 🤷‍♂️

I agree hard to win when your QB plays that badly with turnovers etc.  But they are also killing themselves with mental errors resulting in penalties.  My big issue with this week is the play calling.  Two weeks in a row they are asking their backup QB to run a pass first offense.  I just don't get that at all.  Why no RPOs with Minshew pulling it?  I don't care if he can't run that fast, it will at least force them to play the backside.  Many times he had huge open green grass but still would hand it off and not pull it.  He had to be coached to not pull it.  They should be running it more, especially on 1st and 2nd down.  As a team on offense though, they are just making alot of mistakes and its more than just Minshew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proveagle said:

I agree hard to win when your QB plays that badly with turnovers etc.  But they are also killing themselves with mental errors resulting in penalties.  My big issue with this week is the play calling.  Two weeks in a row they are asking their backup QB to run a pass first offense.  I just don't get that at all.  Why no RPOs with Minshew pulling it?  I don't care if he can't run that fast, it will at least force them to play the backside.  Many times he had huge open green grass but still would hand it off and not pull it.  He had to be coached to not pull it.  They should be running it more, especially on 1st and 2nd down.  As a team on offense though, they are just making alot of mistakes and its more than just Minshew.

The Eagles could have taken a page out of the 2017 Eagles and rans some of that "Foles stuff.” It’s still RPO options, but with more pass checks than runs by the QB. With that being the case Minshew looked scared and indecisive out there. He played tight and he was clearly inaccurate today. Another issue is Miles right now. What player are they getting? Is he the fumble guy or is he the break away guy? He really hasn’t had the lanes he had when Hurts was out there. Also unlike the 2017 Eagles this team lacks those bruising backs that just worse teams down in 2017. Miles isn’t that type of runner. 

• Like 1

Entire coaching staff are conflating their approach to these games and making these more difficult than what it should be. 

I have zero faith in this coaching staff in the playoffs, if we advance, it will be due to Hurts talent/ability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

This team clearly wasn't ready to play today. I feel this coaching staff has gotten too comfortable with where they were before the Dallas game and thought it would be a coast to the playoffs. Now we are down to our 3rd chance to get the division and 1 seed. They were completely unprepared for this game. I'm being all captain obvious here, but Nick wears this loss today. I'm not sure what the hell they did this past week but it clearly did not show. 

Nick is not the coach people think he is. To watch the crap show on offense and not step in is inexcusable. To watch the crap show on d the first half last week against the Cowboys without telling Gannon to change things up is inexcusable. Two weeks in a row the guys in the booth were calling out obvious adjustments that needed to be made and they were inept.

Steichen needs to be fired. People think he's this bright young talent but he's not. He got Hurts injured against the Bears.

To go against a team today with a run d in the 20s and throw nothing but passes the first few possessions is asinine. He didn't come close to putting his team in a position to win and honestly hasn't much this season unless it's against bad teams. Hurts improvising and running the ball bailed them out of numerous games like the Bears, Colts, Packers, etc.

With all the talent that offense has it's inexcusable to watch what we did today. I used to blame Hurts against good defenses and that Tampa game last year, but I think in actuality it's Nick and their game plan. Look at what the 49ers are doing with the last pick in the draft. Yeah, the kid is playing well, but he's being coached up and put in good positions. There was no originality today. Everyone knew what they were going to call and instead of having a shaky RT get into a groove by running the ball they have him trying to pass protect.

They aren't going to the Super Bowl this year the 49ers are and it's the fault of the coaches. Again, I used to think Hurts could only win if everything was perfect and he had great talent, but it's actually Nick and Steichen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

They should have mixed things up more last year the same as they should have today. Again, the Saints pass defense is top 10 and their run d is bottom 10. They have a backup RT facing a good front four and instead of letting him get into a groove they have him pass blocking the first few drives. That's just stupid.

• Like 2

This Coaching Staff tries to be the smartest people in the NFL and that’s why you get these crappy game plans in back to back weeks. 

We all saw this dung from them last season. I thought that they had learned from it. 

• Like 2

I think they'll beat the Giants, but even if they get the first seed no one will be picking them to win it all, due to the inferior coaching. 

These last two games were the perfect opportunities for this coaching staff to prove that their "system" works and the "system" is the reason for success....in fact they proved the exact opposite.

Let's call it what it was - a choke job on offense, whether it was the coaching, the playcalling, or the QB. That was a choke, pure and simple.

15 hours ago, Thrive said:

GA, it’s hard to win in this league without your starting QB. 

Brock Purdy

SF down to QB3 ... coaching has done a terrific job adjusting the offense.  Kinda reminds me of what Reich and Doug did around Foles here in 2017/2018.  

• Like 4

The Defense played okay but it was also Any Dalton and the NO Saints. 
The offense i have no idea what the play caller was thinking, why so many pass attempts in the first half when Minshew was getting sacked on almost every play.
Where was the run plays or screen passes to help push back on the Saints pass rush?

4 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

The Defense played okay but it was also Any Dalton and the NO Saints. 
The offense i have no idea what the play caller was thinking, why so many pass attempts in the first half when Minshew was getting sacked on almost every play.
Where was the run plays or screen passes to help push back on the Saints pass rush?

If he wasn’t getting sacked he was getting pressured. But sure let’s keep throwing the ball 🙄. I have little confidence that we’ll see a different scheme next week 👎

• Like 1

I can only imagine that the game plan was show how great Minshew is by passing all the time, and sadly it backfired on him.

This was the game that Minshew was supposed to shine in hopes of getting a starting job on another NFL team next season but he failed to live up to his own hype.

Sad, should've been a easy win for the Birds.

Now, it'll mean even more not just securing the home field advantage but getting that bye week by defeating the NY Giants will be a great start to 2023!

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Brock Purdy

SF down to QB3 ... coaching has done a terrific job adjusting the offense.  Kinda reminds me of what Reich and Doug did around Foles here in 2017/2018.  

Brock Purdy isn’t the best player or leader of that team.

This roster isn’t anywhere as good or complete as we thought nor is the coaching as good. Hurts has just been playing way better than even I understood and we are just one of those teams that live at the mercy of their QB.

If Hurts isn’t back to form ASAP, we are screwed. But same goes for the chiefs and bills (I.e., excellent teams with flawed rosters).

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You have to take advantage of your opponents weakness.

Saints are #2 against the pass, and 5th in sacks - so lets pass 32 times while missing a future hall of fame tackle.

Saints are 23rd against the run, only 14 running plays.

Look at the Steelers last night, trailed the entire game until the winning score at the end, but never deviated from their game plan.