Coaching

GroundAttack

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't often care about players or coaches after they leave here but, I do with Doug I'm so happy for him that he is proving he wasn't the issue. 

Yeah I kind of felt like Doug was given a rally deal here. Not easy to win in Jacksonville. The fact they’re in a win and in dogfight right now is a testament to his coaching ability.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I kind of felt like Doug was given a rally deal here. Not easy to win in Jacksonville. The fact they’re in a win and in dogfight right now is a testament to his coaching ability.

I mentioned in another thread not sure if you responded, that Doug is also showing he isn't the reason they didn't run the ball here. He runs the piss out of the ball in Jacksonville lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I mentioned in another thread not sure if you responded, that Doug is also showing he isn't the reason they didn't run the ball here. He runs the piss out of the ball in Jacksonville lol

Whatever it takes to win, but it should be noted the Eagles were top five in rushing when they won the SB. It’s crazy how little it seems the Eagles have had games when they prioritized running the ball when they had Duece, Westbrook, Shady, and now Sanders for all those years. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Whatever it takes to win, but it should be noted the Eagles were top five in rushing when they won the SB. It’s crazy how little it seems the Eagles have had games when they prioritized running the ball when they had Duece, Westbrook, Shady, and now Sanders for all those years. 

I thought about the SB year after I said that but, Reich got all the credit for telling Doug to run the ball. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought about the SB year after I said that but, Reich got all the credit for telling Doug to run the ball. 

Perhaps it’s time to stop giving Reich as much credit as he’s been getting. There’s also the rumors that were circling  (especially after the SB year) that Carson would audible from run to pass often. Overall there are factors at play why he didn’t run it as much as people liked. Of course last year the Eagles ran it a crap ton and the people hated it.😂 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps it’s time to stop giving Reich as much credit as he’s been getting. There’s also the rumors that were circling  (especially after the SB year) that Carson would audible from run to pass often. Overall there are factors at play why he didn’t run it as much as people liked. Of course last year the Eagles ran it a crap ton and the people hated it.😂 

I'm a firm believer in balance but, if something is dominating make the other team stop it either pass or run.

Last week they opened the second half running and miles was ripping off chunks of yards and they got the play action going and then they stopped. Minshew was ass so try and help him out it's not difficult. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm a firm believer in balance but, if something is dominating make the other team stop it either pass or run.

Last week they opened the second half running and miles was ripping off chunks of yards and they got the play action going and then they stopped. Minshew was ass so try and help him out it's not difficult. 

I agree, but it’s a hard way to go when the quarterback is struggling to make routine throws like Minshew was last week. 3 points felt like 30 points in that game. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 5:03 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Sometime you have to be careful what you wish for though. The guys who might come in behind these guys could be worse. Lose Steichen and gain a Groh. 

That's true.....it's easy to assume the next guy would be better, but you really don't know.  The odds are better with hiring a experienced OC, but even that could be a disaster if his system is not suited for the personnel.

I just hope Steichen adjusts better......there is little reason to put Hurts at additional risk with the stable of skill players this team has.....

18 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

That's true.....it's easy to assume the next guy would be better, but you really don't know.  The odds are better with hiring a experienced OC, but even that could be a disaster if his system is not suited for the personnel.

I just hope Steichen adjusts better......there is little reason to put Hurts at additional risk with the stable of skill players this team has.....

We just don’t know who could be next. Schwartz was an experienced DC and people couldn’t stand him either. I thought there was a chance Reich could come back as OC, but he’s probably better off staying away unless he’s getting another HC job. The good news is the next OC would have the ability to call plays and the next DC would have complete control over the defense. As such they should have n optometrist get some guys on their wish lists.