Jeff Lurie sure knows how to choose a Head Coach

Talonblood

I felt how he handled Andy Reid’s exit from Philly showed his class as while it was obvious that Andy Reid’s message wasn’t connecting anymore, his era deserved a respectful exit, and he got that imo. 

• Like 2

Kotite, Rhodes, Reid, Kelly, Pederson, Sirianni. All in all, pretty good with a SB win to boot.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:58 AM, gameshowfan91 said:

Reid needed to get fired to get better.

Reid should have been made to take a year off away from the team and go deal with and fix his family life.

After his son died at the the Novacare complex, he was a shell of himself for the whole season that followed.

If he would have taken a year away, had his personneI controll removed like in KC. I believe he would still be the head coach of the Eagles and we would probably have 2-3 superbowl titles.

Reid is to offenses like Belichick is to defenses. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, MF POON said:

He's hit more than he's missed, but I'll never forgive him for the Chip Kelly experiment.

Which is a pretty good example of how good Lurie has been at hiring head coaches. Two 10-win seasons in three years by the worst coach Lurie hired.

• Haha 1

Looks like a battle of two former Eagles coaches is brewing in the AFC. Don’t discount Doug. One of the few coaches to ever beat Belicheat in a SB.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like a battle of two former Eagles coaches is brewing in the AFC. Don’t discount Doug. One of the few coaches to ever beat Belicheat in a SB.

3rd largest playoff comeback ever. Not too shabby. He beat the Chargers in shocking fashion. The man can coach. How he kept his QB calm after that garbage 1st half is great coaching.

UPDATE:

Should we even be surprised the Jaguars pulled off this comeback? They have now done this in their last five homes games. 

• In Week 9 against the Las Vegas Raiders, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 12 against the Baltimore Ravens, the Jags fell behind by nine points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 15 against the Dallas Cowboys, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 18 against the Tennessee Titans, the Jags fell behind by 10 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
  • In the AFC wild-card round against the Los Angeles Chargers, the Jags fell behind by 27 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

11 hours ago, Talonblood said:

3rd largest playoff comeback ever. Not too shabby. He beat the Chargers in shocking fashion. The man can coach. How he kept his QB calm after that garbage 1st half is great coaching.

UPDATE:

Should we even be surprised the Jaguars pulled off this comeback? They have now done this in their last five homes games. 

• In Week 9 against the Las Vegas Raiders, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 12 against the Baltimore Ravens, the Jags fell behind by nine points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 15 against the Dallas Cowboys, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win. 
  • In Week 18 against the Tennessee Titans, the Jags fell behind by 10 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
  • In the AFC wild-card round against the Los Angeles Chargers, the Jags fell behind by 27 points. Jacksonville came back to win.

To think Eagles had Doug Pederson, then Wentz ran Doug out of Philly. I originally wanted Wentz to leave instead of Doug.

Sirianni got really lucky. Howie stupidity (at time) drafted Hurts. Wentz still wanted out of Philly and (Sirianni) not have to deal with him.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:59 PM, PoconoDon said:

Kotite, Rhodes, Reid, Kelly, Pederson, Sirianni. All in all, pretty good with a SB win to boot.

Can’t really put Kotite on him IMO since he was already here when he got here and he obviously couldn’t wait to fire him. With that being the case Kotite was better than that idiot Chip Kelly. 

On 1/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, Vee said:

Philadelphia Eagles[edit]

On April 30, 2022, Strong signed an undrafted free-agent deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.[16] It included a $20,000 signing bonus and $300,000 base guarantee.[17] He was released on August 30.[18]

Arizona Cardinals[edit]

On December 13, 2022, Strong was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad.[19] He was released one week later.[20]

So what you're saying is that the Eagles messed up by cutting Strong.  The entire league hangs back and has no interest in signing him, until about a month ago, when Kyler Murray goes down...but then even the Cardinals dump him after a week.

Is it plausible that you know less about the situation than every single other team in the NFL and the Canadian Football League, and probably this upcoming Spring League?  

Strong isn't the player you think he is.  Just let it go.  It didn't work out, and it wasn't for lack of trying.

Weird that neither team really went into why they let Carson Strong go.

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/cardinals-cut-ex-nevada-star-carson-strong-from-practice-squad-to-sign-james-morgan

I don't know if it's his prone to injury status and the serious of his injuries in the past, or if he has a personality problem. I think that a story might exist but it could also be that the guy just stinks.  I guess we'll see if no team picks him up before the start of next season as a developmental backup.

6 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

Weird that neither team really went into why they let Carson Strong go.

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/cardinals-cut-ex-nevada-star-carson-strong-from-practice-squad-to-sign-james-morgan

I don't know if it's his prone to injury status and the serious of his injuries in the past, or if he has a personality problem. I think that a story might exist but it could also be that the guy just stinks.  I guess we'll see if no team picks him up before the start of next season as a developmental backup.

As opposed to....now?  I mean, why would you wait?  You don't want him learning too much?  Explain to me the downside to signing him today.  Practice squad.  Right now.  He's available.  Teams like New Orleans, New England, Indy, Atlanta could use him and afford to wait.

Not weird if you consider why not any of 32 teams has picked him up plus canadian teams, or the experimental spring league. 

He sucks.

• Like 1