Divisional round line thread: Eagles -7.5 vs Giants

Hawkeye

Line: Eagles -7.5
Total: 48
Moneyline: Eagles -350/Giants +285

This one will be chopped up like wild in the coming days and it’s the prime time game Saturday night.  Giants have been a strong play all season, going 14-4 ATS and having covered 5 in a row and 7 of their last 8.  Meanwhile the Eagles are 8-9 ATS.  

More to come but the line seems about right, as does the total. 

Normally I'd think we win easily but with Hurts injured still, Steichen's playcalling, and Gannon...I'm just not sure

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I’m always worried when it’s a divisional foe. Let’s hope the game is more like game 1 than game 2.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I’m always worried when it’s a divisional foe. Let’s hope the game is more like game 1 than game 2.

Divisional games work both ways.

And I still don't get the concern about week 18. Did they even do any RPO? It was a let's score enough to win and do nothing to get injured sorta game. That game plan was more vanilla than pre season. 

• Like 4

Vegas always wins - especially in the playoffs, and especially from fans who have a skin in the game.

Seems like a big number. This is a divisional opponent and the Giants looked good taking down the Vikings. The Eagles have been struggling for nearly a month and still need to jell with all the returning players. There’s still some health issues to deal with. 

• Sad 1

It's dropped a a point since yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops another 1 to 1.5 

I'm fairly confident that if we lose, it won't be because of execution/health, but due to bad coaching. 

I have zero confidence in Gannon calling in a good game, therefore it's probably going to turn into a shootout. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Real anxious for this game. This is when it counts. Let’s go birds

An awful lot of pts to lay in a playoff game but we match up very well against them just about everywhere except when it comes to dealing with Saquon. Maybe ST too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

An awful lot of pts to lay in a playoff game but we match up very well against them just about everywhere except when it comes to dealing with Saquon. Maybe ST too.

They’re also getting elite quarterback play as they roll into the playoffs.  Underdog parlay players should consider packaging the Giants +7.5 with the Bengals +5 (which is crazy - pure Vegas line manipulation).

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

They’re also getting elite quarterback play as they roll into the playoffs.  Underdog parlay players should consider packaging the Giants +7.5 with the Bengals +5 (which is crazy - pure Vegas line manipulation).

They've got no decent WRs and we have an elite pass defense. Jones won't have nearly as much space against us as he did against the Vikes.

28 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

They've got no decent WRs and we have an elite pass defense. Jones won't have nearly as much space against us as he did against the Vikes.

Slay hasn’t been elite since early November.  Fortunately CJGJ is back and Bradberry is a bit more consistent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Slay hasn’t been elite since early November.  Fortunately CJGJ is back and Bradberry is a bit more consistent.  

As a whole, we're the league's best pass defense by a fairly wide margin.

• Like 3

The Eagles need to;

Stop the run

Handle the blitz

The rest will work out by itself.

• Like 2

Say what you want about the NFC East this year, but with the Giants and Cowboys both advancing, I'm super proud of the division this year.

As for the Giants: it's a divisional opponent and these things are almost always a tossup. That being said, there's a benefit (for both sides) of playing a team you've seen twice already. I  think we can win this. 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

The Eagles need to;

Stop the run

Handle the blitz

And stay healthy for the NFCCG

8 hours ago, opa-opa said:

The Eagles need to;

Stop the run

Handle the blitz

Protecting the football would be nice too

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Protecting the football would be nice too

Contain Jones’s scrambles too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Normally I'd think we win easily but with Hurts injured still, Steichen's playcalling, and Gannon...I'm just not sure

Hurts will be fine as will be the playcalling and Gannon.  The bigger question is Lane Johnson.

• Like 1

You can add 49ers in 2022 vs Seahawks.  Eagles were on wrong side twice. Time to add Eagles vs Giants to the list.

7F240E1B-E38E-4CE7-B725-A464B4181A62.jpeg

After watching Hockenson feast on this defense, Goedert is the x factor and he didn't play in the first match-up.  Look for Hurts to go his way early and often. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I’m not buying the "elite play” from Jones. Minnesota’s pass defense is absolute trash. 

• Like 2

Don’t want to jinx it because they are a division rival but this is the best matchup for the Eagles. The Giants are far and away the worst team left in the NFC. 

12 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

You can add 49ers in 2022 vs Seahawks.  Eagles were on wrong side twice. Time to add Eagles vs Giants to the list.

7F240E1B-E38E-4CE7-B725-A464B4181A62.jpeg

Both times Birds lost they were wild card and playing away games.  Situation is reversed this time, and the record of Division Winners v Wild Card winners when the division winner swept and playing at home is off the charts

• Like 1