Paris Johnson Jr. (Ohio State OT) -- DRAFTED BY ARIZONA #6

philafan4o8

On 4/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, Kwahu said:

This would be such a smart pick solely because it’s a matter of WHEN not if Lane reaggravates his injury (hopefully it only keeps him off the field for a series or two) then you’re facing a possibly crippling 3 game losing streak with a first place schedule.

Fortunately he is also a top flight OT. Do not be surprised when this is the pick.

Addendum... especially after a 255Million QB. Protect that 1/4 billion dollar investment lol

• Like 1

I continue to think OL at 10 and Paris continues to be my #1 choice because of his versatility to play Guard or either OT position. Darnell Wright is another guy to consider at 10 ... this kid looked excellent against quite a few players in this draft who will go on Day 1 and 2. He's another player who can start as a nasty RG then move to RT once Lane moves on eventually. The one guy I'm not super high on despite many people mocking to us at 10 is Peter Skoronski. Yes, he projects like a very good Guard due to his excellent sealing abilities and being technically sound, but short arms just doesn't cut it at Tackle 95% of the time. If we were talking pick 20 instead of pick 10 then cool ... but if I'm taking an OLineman in the top 10 he needs to be able to kick outside if need be. We can snag a Guard-only type like a Steve Avila in Rd 2 if we want.

• Like 1

I don't think that Paris Johnson will ever be Lane Johnson.

19 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't think that Paris Johnson will ever be Lane Johnson.

Lane's likely a first ballot HOF'er ... we're not finding another Lane no matter how hard we try 🙂

10 minutes ago, Rey said:

Lane's likely a first ballot HOF'er ... we're not finding another Lane no matter how hard we try 🙂

I just don't want to spend the #10 on a guy who isn't ready and who is likely to be just an ordinary starter.  I don't want to take an OT just because he's an OT.  I want an extraordinary player at whatever position that player happens to play.  And I don't know that this guy will be extraordinary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I just don't want to spend the #10 on a guy who isn't ready and who is likely to be just an ordinary starter.  I don't want to take an OT just because he's an OT.  I want an extraordinary player at whatever position that player happens to play.  And I don't know that this guy will be extraordinary.

I hear ya .. but imo Paris is certainly worth the spot as most consider him the best OLineman in this draft. Plus he has an entire year of experience playing RG as opposed to our current option Jurgens who's never played anything other than Center is a real game. Even at Center Jurgens doesn't have tons of experience as he came in as a TE originally.

20 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

So you want Bijan? Lol I don’t blame you.

but Paris Johnson is legit. Size, athleticism and versatility. Once he cleans up his technique he will be a beast. Stoutland is the best and getting his guys technically sound. Paris Johnson is no scrub. He comes in and will dominate at RG and then will be ready for RT after Lane retires. While not get him now to learn from Lane and Stoutland. Again he is not going to sit the bench because he will be an immediate starter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

So you want Bijan? Lol I don’t blame you.

I don't know who I want.  The thought of ANY RB at #10 seems crazy.  Carter, as a player, would be terrific, but it seems unlikely.  Same for a couple of the Corners.  It's a weirdly frustrating year for my draft anticipation.  I guess I'll just grab some popcorn and see what happens.