If the Bears wanted to take a QB with the #1 overall pick and Justin Fields was available......

Wallyhorse

Would you pull a trade of Hurts for Justin Fields and draft picks?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pull off the trade listed below?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 11:33 PM

Though at this point this looks highly unlikely, if the Bears decide they want to move on from Justin Fields so they get two additional years before they would have to pay a quarterback and presumably take Bryce Young with the first overall pick, could you see a three-way trade between the Bears, Eagles and Jets where:

Jets get: Jalen Hurts
Eagles get: Justin Fields, second round picks from the Bears and Jets and possibly a 2024 first from the Jets (or an additional second rounder in 2024).
Bears get: The Jets 1st rounder (13th), the Eagles own first rounder (28th-31st as I believe the Dolphins forfeited their first rounder, Eagles keep the Saints pick) and additional picks (including at least another second rounder) from the Jets and maybe a fifth from the Eagles.

If this was offered, would you pull the trigger?  Robert Salah and Joe Douglas are both under the gun in the upcoming 2023 season as the mandate is likely the Jets MUST make the playoffs or they are done with the Jets.  I could see them if they fail to be able to get Aaron Rodgers before the draft AND the Bears decide they want Bryce Young and are willing to do it, I might very well because Fields has already shown he could also be a superstar like Hurts AND it would give the Eagles at least one additional year before they would have to pay the quarterback through the nose. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Unless Justin Fields is guaranteed to become the next Mahomes, no.

Seeing as how that isn't the case...no.

This is about being able to have a QB on a rookie contract for at least one additional season (and more likely two) if the Eagles, Jets and Bears pulled this off.  Justin Fields has already shown why the Bears moved up in the 2021 draft to take him, but they are going nowhere for at least a couple more seasons and would be looking to have to delay taking the quarterback as long as possible. The Eagles with Fields would be the same position, having at least two more seasons before they would have to pay the QB while the Jets would likely have to pay Hurts now in that scenario (and a TON).  That's why I can see this being done, as it's mainly about the fact Fields is still on a rookie contract. 

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Eagles with Fields would be the same position

NO, the Eagles would not be a game away from the Super Bowl with Justin Fields :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Rick James Cocaine GIF - Rick James Cocaine Drug - Discover & Share GIFs

Obviously you don't realize the importance of being able to have a quarterback on a rookie contract. 

I also said this was not likely but given the fact the Bears may want to reset the clock on a rookie contract, that's why I can see this happen. 

13 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Unless Justin Fields is guaranteed to become the next Mahomes, no.

Seeing as how that isn't the case...no.

Yep. There is a reason that teams spend so much draft and salary capital trying to find a franchise QB. If you have a young QB who is second team all-pro and MVP finalist, you keep him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Obviously you don't realize the importance of being able to have a quarterback on a rookie contract. 

I also said this was not likely but given the fact the Bears may want to reset the clock on a rookie contract, that's why I can see this happen. 

I do realize the importance of having a GOOD QB on a rookie contract.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Justin...is that you?

It could be Justin's Mum?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

NO, the Eagles would not be a game away from the Super Bowl with Justin Fields :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Give Fields the kind of ammo Hurts has here and I think he would become a superstar, which he already looks like he will become with the Bears.

This is all about the Bears resetting the clock on a rookie contract AND the Eagles being able to have a QB on a rookie contract for 1-2 additional years. 

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It could be Justin's Mum?

It's gotta somebody who loves him. I get it. Chicago could kill off Mahomes career 

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Bears can reset all they want to. It doesn’t make sense for us to get involved unless we plan to start QB resetting every few years. I doubt that’s the case. It makes no sense for us to get involved with Fields at this point. Eventually, we have to pay someone. Jalen’s done this much. He’s the guy going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Give Fields the kind of ammo Hurts has here and I think he would become a superstar, which he already looks like he will become with the Bears.

This is all about the Bears resetting the clock on a rookie contract AND the Eagles being able to have a QB on a rookie contract for 1-2 additional years. 

The Joker Heath Ledger GIF - The Joker Heath Ledger Not Sure If Serious -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

I now realize I didn't even read the whole original post.

You want to trade away Hurts AND First Round Draft pick for...

...Justin Fields? 

I wouldn't do it straight up.

I wouldn't do it for the Jets picks being allegedly offered.  Love the fact that you aren't sure you could get the Jets, who drafted Sam Darnold, only to ditch him and to draft him again (this time he's named Zach Wilson) to give up a first round pick.

Justin Fields' mama couldn't pull off this trade with a straight face!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vee said:

I now realize I didn't even read the whole original post.

You want to trade away Hurts AND First Round Draft pick for...

...Justin Fields? 

I wouldn't do it straight up.

I wouldn't do it for the Jets picks being allegedly offered.  Love the fact that you aren't sure you could get the Jets, who drafted Sam Darnold, only to ditch him and to draft him again (this time he's named Zach Wilson) to give up a first round pick.

Justin Fields' mama couldn't pull off this trade with a straight face!

I've just read it in more detail. He actually is suggesting we give up a first, a fifth and Jalen Hurts for Justin Fields and 3 second rounders!!!!

That would genuinely be a worse move than drafting Reagor.

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

25 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Justin...is that you?

Hang on - I've figured it out. He's actually a genius - seeking to unite all Eagles fans. No longer are we arguing over whether Hurts runs too much or how to cover George Kittle. We are all on here laughing at this post.

Or he's Chris Simms...

• Haha 1

Hang on - I've figured it out. He's actually a genius - seeking to unite all Eagles fans. No longer are we arguing over whether Hurts runs too much or how to cover George Kittle. We are all on here laughing at this post.

Or he's Chris Simms...

I mean, you know my feelings on Hurts, but this is just a retarded idea.

I've just read it in more detail. He actually is suggesting we give up a first, a fifth and Jalen Hurts for Justin Fields and 3 second rounders!!!!

That would genuinely be a worse move than drafting Reagor.

You misread:

The first the Eagles give up this year in this likely comes back in 2024 from the Jets or at worst is a second rounder (and the Eagles would keep the Saints pick at 10). Jets would be giving up likely two first rounders (one to the Bears, one to the Eagles) and likely two or more second rounders (one or two to the Eagles, at least one to the Bears) to get Hurts while the Eagles would be GETTING Fields AND a few picks between the Bears and Jets to take Fields and send Hurts to The Meadowlands.