Super Bowl line thread: Eagles open as 2 points favourites

D-Shiznit

Opened at KC -1, but it quickly moved the other way.   Sharps are hitting the Eagles hard.

This is really going to be a pick em game. But then again every time we've thought this team was going to be in a battle they've just romped home. 

• Like 1

Im surprised they have us favored right now.

Not because we're a bad team, but because of Mahomes.

Not that Hurts hasn't been great this season. He has. Mahomes is just an alien.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Swoop said:

He is an alien and he's going to be one of the greatest of all time... That said I do think we have the best roster in the NFL. So really this comes down to is it more important to have an elite QB or an elite roster. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Swoop said:

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He is an alien and he's going to be one of the greatest of all time... That said I do think we have the best roster in the NFL. So really this comes down to is it more important to have an elite QB or an elite roster. 

I definitely would have preferred facing the Bengals as I just think our D-Line would have been a complete mismatch for the Bengals O-Line and our corners match up well with their receivers. 

Chiefs will be more of a challenge but I still think we have the better overall team and a critical advantage in the trenches.

• Like 3

I would take the Eagles. Our O and D Lines are much better. Hurts is back. And we just annihilated 2 strong teams in the Playoffs. People are afraid of Mahomes , but with a gimpy leg he is not a run threat that he was previously. I just hope that Our offense shows up early, and we are ahead by 2 touchdowns at the half. This way we can turn on our running game in the second half and roll over KC for the win.

• Like 1

Watching them against the Bengals. Gannon has to have the corners closer to the LOS, quite a few times Mahomes got out of a sack with a quick throw in the flat. and it's the sort of dink and dunk thing that could give us fits if we don't catch it early.

Overall though San Fran have a tougher defense and we got through them fairly easily once we wore them down, I also expect our passing game to be significantly improved on a windless warm night in Arizona.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I definitely would have preferred facing the Bengals as I just think our D-Line would have been a complete mismatch for the Bengals O-Line and our corners match up well with their receivers. 

Chiefs will be more of a challenge but I still think we have the better overall team and a critical advantage in the trenches.

Bengals have a better group of skill players. All KC has is Kelce. I feel our dbs match very favorably to their wrs

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I would take the Eagles. Our O and D Lines are much better. Hurts is back. And we just annihilated 2 strong teams in the Playoffs. People are afraid of Mahomes , but with a gimpy leg he is not a run threat that he was previously. I just hope that Our offense shows up early, and we are ahead by 2 touchdowns at the half. This way we can turn on our running game in the second half and roll over KC for the win.

And let our pass rushers pin their ears back. But I think we can neutralize their run game regardless 

• Like 1

Jalen Hurts is now 21-3 when the Eagles are Favored.   He's also 19-2 over his last 21 Starts including the playoffs.    Eagles taking this folks.  

• Like 1

So based on the opening line for us at home against SF, is this saying that SF is a better team than the Chiefs?

26 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

So based on the opening line for us at home against SF, is this saying that SF is a better team than the Chiefs?

The two best TEAMS left in the playoffs played in the NFCCG.

Actually the game opened as a pick, but that was immediately bet up to 2.  It should be a classic - no underdog story, no lucky breaks, just the two best teams in the NFL slugging it out for all the marbles.

Line: Eagles -2
Total: 49.5
Moneyline: Eagles -130/Chiefs +110

48 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

SF has more talent but this is a QB league and historical QBs can make up for talent deficiencies.

We’ll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

PHI and SF are the two best TEAMS in the NFL, and by quite a margin.

KC just has Mahomes who is a GOAT caliber player, hence the close spread.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Actually the game opened as a pick, but that was immediately bet up to 2.  It should be a classic - no underdog story, no lucky breaks, just the two best teams in the NFL slugging it out for all the marbles.

Line: Eagles -2
Total: 49.5
Moneyline: Eagles -130/Chiefs +110

he stole your thunder

But I think we're too physical up front on both lines and we have the better TEAM and we wear them out and pull away late

As of now it looks like Eagles by 2 to 2.5 points depending on the book. The money line is Eagles to win must bet $130 to win $100. Chiefs must bet $100 to win $110.

As always, the preceding is subject to change.

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

he stole your thunder

But I think we're too physical up front on both lines and we have the better TEAM and we wear them out and pull away late

This is the ***OFFICIAL*** Eagles Line thread and has been for going on 20 years!  Often imitated, never duplicated.  

And I hope you're correct. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

No. It says the sharp money came in early on the Eagles when they saw a line that was off by a point.