Why the Eagles Lost The Super Bowl?

Paul1439

1. Hurts - Fumble          He either fumbles or throws interception in pivotal games.

2. Coaching -                Defensive coach can not make adjustments during a game. Zone coverage doesn't work. Defensive backs that can't do zone coverage.

When Kansas City scores on every play after half time you have a major problem with the defensive coach. Head coach should have picked

up on this and make changes.

Because they finally faced a quality quarterback since forever... but Hurts is the real deal and played an awesome game, minus the fumble.... so we will be back

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul1439 said:

1. Hurts - Fumble          He either fumbles or throws interception in pivotal games.

2. Coaching -                Defensive coach can not make adjustments during a game. Zone coverage doesn't work. Defensive backs that can't do zone coverage.

When Kansas City scores on every play after half time you have a major problem with the defensive coach. Head coach should have picked

The fumble was a momentum builder for KC, but you have to give Hurts his due with how he and the offense put the team on their back to keep the game competitive.

It's blatantly obvious that the defense and to a lesser extent special teams near the end are at greater fault for this loss: excessive reliant on zone coverage against the game's best in Mahomes, that just isn't going to cut it, rushing only 4 against a solid KC line and a mobile QB (despite the ankle injury) in Mahomes, the lack of adjustments when the defense is being carved up like a pumpkin.

Heartbreaking loss, especially for Hurts and the offense putting the work to keep this one close. Unless the Arizona Cardinals bail us out and hire Jonathan Gannon as their head coach, we're going to be stuck hoping that he learns from this experience.

• Like 1

They lost because:

1. They made mistakes on both sides of the ball. 

2. They played a really good damn team. 

3. The officials made some bad calls that ultimately hurt us. 

On 2/13/2023 at 9:56 AM, Paul1439 said:

In today's game zone coverage does not work.  There may be some snaps where you can use it but we need to draft 2 corners this draft who can play man to man, which means to me we have to trade down at least twice for more picks

In order of greatest to least impact:

1. TWO completely uncovered receivers on the same exact play, just flipped to the other side of the field. Directly gave KC 14 points.

2. Hurts Fumble. Directly gave KC 7 points.

3. Punt coverage. Indirectly gave KC 7 points.

So, undisciplined or unprepared defense (100% Gannon), an inexcusably dumb mistake by the QB, and crappy ST (all year) added up to a 3 point loss. Any one of those four plays doesn't happen and the Eagles probably win. The mistakes were too many and too severe to overcome. I expect Hurts will continue to improve over time and scaredy cat Gannon won't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I expect Hurts will continue to improve over time and scaredy cat Gannon won't.

Hurts has the right attitude and is a genuine person who will want to learn and put right that mistake. I can't say the same of Gannon. He's going to be a disaster as a HC I think. 

To me, it all comes down to that Seumalo false start.  If the Eagles get that first down, good chance they plow in for the score.  Instead, it was a 14 point turnaround which the Chiefs needed to win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GA4M said:

Who won, haven't been watching?

unfortunately for us, not the hanger on your mom's prom night. 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, OldEagleFan said:

The Eagles lost the Super Bowl because the other team scored more points. Its in the rules somewhere. Look it up

True dat.

Either you used the wrong punctuation or omitted a verb.

Clean it up, OP! :nonono:

On 2/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, OldEagleFan said:

The Eagles lost the Super Bowl because the other team scored more points. Its in the rules somewhere. Look it up

I just realized you are and old fan and you don't understand football fundamentals. Teams lose because of mistakes and less talented players. Because of these situation some teams out score the other team. After a team loses the coach goes back over the film to see what went wrong just like the fans discuss what happened. Now maybe you understand its not all about the score.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:50 AM, Paul1439 said:

I just realized you are and old fan and you don't understand football fundamentals. Teams lose because of mistakes and less talented players. Because of these situation some teams out score the other team. After a team loses the coach goes back over the film to see what went wrong just like the fans discuss what happened. Now maybe you understand its not all about the score.

oh snap

On 3/6/2023 at 10:50 AM, Paul1439 said:

wow, you said the same thing with more words. congrats on your awesome internet victory. 

now maybe you can go eat deek. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a neophyte at this, having only been a Philadelphia Eagles fan, and indeed a US football fan, since a few hours after the 2023 Super Bowl.

Maybe they lost the super bowl because they just weren't prepared enough to win.

I'm not a gambling man, but I'm calling it: The Philadelphia Eagles go to the Super Bowl in 2024, and they win by a spread of at least 1 to 3 points.

I guess I'll see how long I believe they'll be much more prepared next time. :P

On 3/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, EaglePhan1986 said:

Wah wah why oh why shut up turd stuffer 

@hputenis  @Godfather @olsilverhair playing three way tummysticks would be more entertaining than this thread 

Make it a 4 way. You can join sugar plum

30 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Make it a 4 way. You can join sugar plum

Olsilverpubes is MIA. I think we’re fighting. Maybe he got banned 

15 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Olsilverpubes is MIA. I think we’re fighting. Maybe he got banned 

Everyone is getting banned. Fn lame