Discuss former Eagles HC Andy Reid here

gameshowfan91

I hated that we would get teased, thinking we will finally win it all and not happen and feeling hopeless in many games (especially against inferior teams) because of inability to adjust.

As for my worst loss: 2008 NFCCG against Cardinals. I felt that was finally going to be year to win a Super Bowl. If they got through Cardinals, I felt they would have beaten Steelers.

• Like 2

Easily the 2002 NFC Championship game against Tampa. The Eagles threw 49 passes against a historically great pass defense.

• Like 9

The only AR regret is that he stuck with McNabb.

McNabb abused the Cardinals on Thanksgiving and yucked it up with Deion about how much the city and the fans all suck. (poor baby was benched earlier vs Baltimore)

Then he was hideous in the first half of the rematch and on the last 4 plays of the game.

Hank Baskett had a play very similar to the 2013 Riley Cooper drop. He was all alone over the middle and could have run for 50 yards.

McNabb tackled him with a worm burner throw to Baskett's shoelaces.

Did he have some nice moments in the 2nd half? Sure he did. Donovan McNabb: Part Time Shootout QB vs Kurt Warner: Full Time Shootout QB

He sure showed us!

If you don't recall the regular season matchup with the Champion 2008 Steelers, I wanted a boxing referee to call the game to save Ben from permanent damage.

15-6 Eagles win, 9 sacks of Ben , an intentional grounding in the end zone, and too many QB hits to count.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mike1982 said:

Easily the 2002 NFC Championship game against Tampa. The Eagles threw 49 passes against a historically great pass defense.

Same.  That game felt like a gimme, we absolutely would have won the super bowl that year.  Last game in the Vet, too.  

Best part of Andy: if you're on this board you probably remember how terrible we were in the late 90s.  Andy came on board, and I feel like he gave us an identity that exists to this day more or less.  Andy did the same thing to Kansas City, too.  

Worst part of Andy:  The absolute biggest disappointment with Andy was how things worked out with Terrell Owens, especially between McNabb and Owens.  That was the downfall of the team, Andy lost the locker room shortly after that all went down.  

Just curious why do this now? Probably should’ve been a topic before Reid completely embarrassed our DC to the point his team was laughing at our defense in the SB on the sidelines. 

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just curious why do this now? Probably should’ve been a topic before Reid completely embarrassed our DC to the point his team was laughing at our defense in the SB on the sidelines. 

agreed. it's because we just finished playing against Reid in the biggest game of them all. this wouldn't of been posted 2 years ago in week 9 lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

agreed. it's because we just finished playing against Reid in the biggest game of them all. this wouldn't of been posted 2 years ago in week 9 lol

Just kind of feels pathetic right now. The Eagles were out coached by the Chiefs and the guy we are whining about is now three coaches removed from us. 😂

What are your guys thoughts toward Andy Reid? Do most fans dislike him in Philadelphia or are you somewhat happy he has found success. I've never minded ex giants coaches doing well, such as spags but maybe its different since Reid was such a cornerstone of the eagles franchise.

17 minutes ago, Geemen said:

What are your guys thoughts toward Andy Reid? Do most fans dislike him in Philadelphia or are you somewhat happy he has found success. I've never minded ex giants coaches doing well, such as spags but maybe its different since Reid was such a cornerstone of the eagles franchise.

I like coach Reid.  The Chiefs were not a hated villain-like opponent as were other teams the Eagles previously faced in the Super Bowl.  Do not begrudge Coach Reid this win in the least bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geemen said:

What are your guys thoughts toward Andy Reid? Do most fans dislike him in Philadelphia or are you somewhat happy he has found success. I've never minded ex Giants coaches doing well, such as Spags but maybe its different since Reid was such a cornerstone of the eagles franchise.

I hate him now. Hate him more than Chip Kelly and Dallas Cowboys now. Went through some much heartbreak and disappointment with him. This is straw broke camel's back. Now 2 Super Bowls lost because of him. He's able to do everything right  for Chiefs just fine unlike with Eagles. He belongs in Eagles Hall of Infamy. Screw Andy Reid.

This is the house that Andy Reid built. I wanted him to lose yesterday, obviously, but if the Eagles have to lose, I prefer them to lose to someone like Reid or Pederson who paid their dues and earned our respect (if not admiration)

• Like 4

I like every former Eagles coach besides the inept ones like Kotite, Rhodes, and Kelly.

AR did not make McNabb give the ball to the other team early and often in the playoffs.

#5 had 2+ turnovers in his last 5 playoff games.

Always liked Big Red. I wish him well. He's a first ballot HOF'er IMO. It does suck that they haven't won a single game against him since he went to KC. The Birds are 0-4 against him, including the SB loss. That's frustrating. 

Im still baffled how the Eagles won three division titles with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash.

The man is an offensive genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

Im still baffled how the Eagles won three division titles with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash.

Never considered that before. Didn’t he win playoffs games with the likes of old Antonio Freeman, Darnel Autry, and old Dorsey Levens too? 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Mainly because of Jim Johnson's defense. Plus, the rest of the division was bad the first few years of the 2000's. The Cowboys and Redskins were pretty much free wins back then. The Giants were their only competition, and there were a couple years when they were transitioning from Kerry Collins to Eli when even they were bad.

• Like 1

I don't hate the guy, his last two seasons were horrible, but the FO should've made him take a leave of absence after his son died and the fact they didn't meant his race was run in Philly. Neither his heart nor his head was in it that last year and he'd run out of ideas.  Maybe he'd have turned it around in time, but I wouldn't have bet a carrot on it after that last season.

I don't have any dislike for Reid, but I'm not going to praise him either. He still has the same flaws and is very fortunate to have Mahomes.  I hope Gannon is fired if he isn't hired by some other team lol

Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach and he sealed the deal with his performance this past season and the Super Bowl.

He took a less talented team (on paper) and flat out beat us.  Not much more to say than kudos to Andy Reid and his coaching staff - and players as well - great season and even better Super Bowl performance. 

15 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach and he sealed the deal with his performance this past season and the Super Bowl.

He took a less talented team (on paper) and flat out beat us.  Not much more to say than kudos to Andy Reid and his coaching staff - and players as well - great season and even better Super Bowl performance. 

It also to some questionable calls by the refs and a crappy field, but yeah he out coached Gannon and Mahomes made plays. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It also to some questionable calls by the refs and a crappy field, but yeah he out coached Gannon and Mahomes made plays. 

Maybe so but why wasn’t our equipment staff ready to make changes - and not after halftime - why didn’t they make changes immediately in the 1st quarter when they noticed the field was a mess?

The Chiefs played on the same field yet they seemed to do fine - to the tune of a Patrick Mahomes scrambling for dozens of yards with a banged up ankle. 

On 2/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, kiwinavega said:

This is the house that Andy Reid built. I wanted him to lose yesterday, obviously, but if the Eagles have to lose, I prefer them to lose to someone like Reid or Pederson who paid their dues and earned our respect (if not admiration)

I'll always appreciate Andy for putting the Eagles on the map as a respectable organization, but I honestly would rather have lost to Doug. 

It was just too bittersweet and ironic to watch the Eagles get outcoached by Andy in the SB, when he was known for getting outcoached in the playoffs as the Eagles HC and was one of the main reasons they never won a SB when he was here. 

While I'm happy for him, it's just pretty sickening he's got two SBs with another team when he blew all those NFC championship games and Superbowl with us. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, Ace Nova said:

Maybe so but why wasn’t our equipment staff ready to make changes - and not after halftime - why didn’t they make changes immediately in the 1st quarter when they noticed the field was a mess?

The Chiefs played on the same field yet they seemed to do fine - to the tune of a Patrick Mahomes scrambling for dozens of yards with a banged up ankle. 

Why should the Eagles equipment staff have expected that the field for the biggest sporting event of the year put on by a multi billion dollar corporation would be an F grade cesspool? 

And more importantly, why did the Chiefs seem to know before hand and already have the perfect cleats for the occasion?