Discuss former Eagles HC Andy Reid here

gameshowfan91

On 2/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

I hate him now. Hate him more than Chip Kelly and Dallas Cowboys now. Went through some much heartbreak and disappointment with him. This is straw broke camel's back. Now 2 Super Bowls lost because of him. He's able to do everything right  for Chiefs just fine unlike with Eagles. He belongs in Eagles Hall of Infamy. Screw Andy Reid.

I mean it should be pretty clear now that Reid wasn’t the problem. McNabb was. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Remember, Reid decided to keep McNabb instead of getting a different QB, yet he had no problems getting rid of Alex Smith when he couldn't get it done.

If it was McNabb, how come Doug was able to win Super Bowl with Foles and Sirianni was a DC away from winning one with Hurts?

42 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Remember, Reid decided to keep McNabb instead of getting a different QB, yet he had no problems getting rid of Alex Smith when he couldn't get it done.

If it was McNabb, how come Doug was able to win Super Bowl with Foles and Sirianni was a DC away from winning one with Hurts?

Because Foles isn’t a big game choker like McNabb was, and Hurts is already a better QB than peak McNabb. 

What does Five have to do to get some love? I get he lost some really big games, but so did players like Dawk, Jenkins and, for example, Hank Baskett. You remember who he had at receiver and TE for much of his time? Leaving aside TO and Westbrook, he had basically the square root of nothing

14 hours ago, nipples said:

They both had their good points and flaws. Mahomes is a once in a generation level talent that can make any coach look like a genius.

12 hours ago, nipples said:

Because Foles isn’t a big game choker like McNabb was, and Hurts is already a better QB than peak McNabb. 

It's because coaching decided to use players right way. Doug used Chip Kelly playbook to get best of Foles, which Reid failed to do in 2012 and got fired after that season.

Sirianni used Hurts to his strengths. Remember, Reid had someone like that in Vick. Vick was great in 2010 until after 31-10 Comeback, which was last game of that season they won. Vick reverted back to his old ways. Reid failed Vick in end. Hurts played great all season and didn't revert to running a bunch. 

Coaching matters. If Reid was coaching 2017 or 2022 Eagles, do you really think they'd even come close to Super Bowl either of seasons? If Eagles had Reid, we'd probably be complaining about Hurts being only slightly above average like Dak or stick with Wentz like a Reidtard.

13 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

What does Five have to do to get some love? I get he lost some really big games, but so did players like Dawk, Jenkins and, for example, Hank Baskett. You remember who he had at receiver and TE for much of his time? Leaving aside TO and Westbrook, he had basically the square root of nothing

Those other guys weren’t hungover and dry heaving in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, mike1982 said:

Easily the 2002 NFC Championship game against Tampa. The Eagles threw 49 passes against a historically great pass defense.

That is just so... Andy.

andy.jpg

On 2/19/2023 at 11:20 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

It's because coaching decided to use players right way. Doug used Chip Kelly playbook to get best of Foles, which Reid failed to do in 2012 and got fired after that season.

Foles was a rookie in 2012. 

If you remember, Reid's son OD'd in training camp, and then the entire OL went down in the regular season.  And Andy's tenure in Philly was getting stale.  Both sides needed a change - although I suspect if the team let him stay a few more years with an ultimatum that he re-invent himself, we would have soon renewed greatness from Reid in Philly eventually.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:20 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

Sirianni used Hurts to his strengths. Remember, Reid had someone like that in Vick. Vick was great in 2010 until after 31-10 Comeback, which was last game of that season they won. Vick reverted back to his old ways. Reid failed Vick in end. Hurts played great all season and didn't revert to running a bunch. 

Coaching matters. If Reid was coaching 2017 or 2022 Eagles, do you really think they'd even come close to Super Bowl either of seasons? If Eagles had Reid, we'd probably be complaining about Hurts being only slightly above average like Dak or stick with Wentz like a Reidtard.

why are you so hurt over reid ? 

The first play of the Bucs game was a long kick return by Brian Mitchell. The next play was a 20 yard TD run.

The Eagles ran 20 times for 60 yards the rest of the way... yeah, sure,  30 for 90 would have given them the win....

McNabb led the team to 3 points on drives that did not start in the Bucs red zone. He gave the Bucs 7 on the Ronde pick-6.

That game was not on AR throwing too much. His QB was just bad and Blaine Bishop was a fraud on D.

Reid is awesome. We have a Lombardi in large part because of him.

He changed this franchise from a joke to a power.

Look at the history of KC and Philly with and without AR and its not even close.

He's top 5 as far as coaches go.  

On 4/10/2023 at 1:00 PM, SkippyX said:

The first play of the Bucs game was a long kick return by Brian Mitchell. The next play was a 20 yard TD run.

The Eagles ran 20 times for 60 yards the rest of the way... yeah, sure,  30 for 90 would have given them the win....

McNabb led the team to 3 points on drives that did not start in the Bucs red zone. He gave the Bucs 7 on the Ronde pick-6.

That game was not on AR throwing too much. His QB was just bad and Blaine Bishop was a fraud on D.

cool story, but reid was 100% at fault for the carolina loss. 

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

cool story, but reid was 100% at fault for the carolina loss. 

McNabb got a cheap shot injury early and the DBs were allowed to clutch and grab.

Was Reid also responsible for Peyton Manning's bad game?

McNabb and Koy had 4 picks... yeah, that's all on Reid.

Carolina was also all hopped up on steroids and this was proven in court  (unlike the tin foil bros rantingon the Patriots pretend video extrapolated forward 3 years)

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/six-panthers-used-steroids-report-1.622098

You are living in some bizarre alternate reality where Andy Reid was a bad coach. He's an all-time great. He's the best coach in Eagles and Chiefs history. (don't give me any 1940s crap in a 10 team league with 1 playoff game)

Did Reid and McNabb (2004 SB) and Reid/Doug and Smith in 2015 badly screw up the clock in the 4th quarter? Sure.

Belichick mangled the 4th quarter vs Denver in the 2015 AFCCG (lots of failed 4th downs instead of FGs when FGs would have won the 14-13 game)

He also mangled that 4th down in the 2006 AFCCG.

Pete Carroll turned 2 Seahawks playoff wins into losses (iced a missed FG vs Atlanta and the pass instead of Beast Mode)

No coach is perfect and very few coaches have as much success as Reid.

Who knows what Reid's career in Philly looks like if McNabb does not fumble to start that first NFCCG vs St Louis?  Who wants a free 7 points? Donny's giving out footballs!

McNabb had 17 pick and 14 fumbles in 16 playoff games or just under 2 per game. (1.94) Watch the rest of the drive after 4th and 26. McNabb places the ball in the hands of a Packers DB in the end zone (Pinkston was outside and McNabb threw the ball in)

In the regular season he had 183 in 148 games or about 1.24 per game.

CHOKE ARTIST

Its amazing that Reid did as much as he did with that stiff.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

McNabb got a cheap shot injury early and the DBs were allowed to clutch and grab.

Was Reid also responsible for Peyton Manning's bad game?

McNabb and Koy had 4 picks... yeah, that's all on Reid.

Carolina was also all hopped up on steroids and this was proven in court  (unlike the tin foil bros rantingon the Patriots pretend video extrapolated forward 3 years)

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/six-panthers-used-steroids-report-1.622098

You are living in some bizarre alternate reality where Andy Reid was a bad coach. He's an all-time great. He's the best coach in Eagles and Chiefs history. (don't give me any 1940s crap in a 10 team league with 1 playoff game)

Did Reid and McNabb (2004 SB) and Reid/Doug and Smith in 2015 badly screw up the clock in the 4th quarter? Sure.

Belichick mangled the 4th quarter vs Denver in the 2015 AFCCG (lots of failed 4th downs instead of FGs when FGs would have won the 14-13 game)

He also mangled that 4th down in the 2006 AFCCG.

Pete Carroll turned 2 Seahawks playoff wins into losses (iced a missed FG vs Atlanta and the pass instead of Beast Mode)

No coach is perfect and very few coaches have as much success as Reid.

Who knows what Reid's career in Philly looks like if McNabb does not fumble to start that first NFCCG vs St Louis?  Who wants a free 7 points? Donny's giving out footballs!

McNabb had 17 pick and 14 fumbles in 16 playoff games or just under 2 per game. (1.94) Watch the rest of the drive after 4th and 26. McNabb places the ball in the hands of a Packers DB in the end zone (Pinkston was outside and McNabb threw the ball in)

In the regular season he had 183 in 148 games or about 1.24 per game.

CHOKE ARTIST

Its amazing that Reid did as much as he did with that stiff.

you obviously do not handle any type of valid criticism of your hero very well. 

be better. 

On the Carolina NFCCG game, and for that matter, the Tampa NFCCG, I fault Reid for not running the ball enough.  He had a QB who tightened up in big games and he had a great OL and great running backs.  In the Carolina game after McNabb was knocked out, Runyan told Reid the OL could open up running lanes but Reid ignored the advice and had Koy Detmer drop back passing too much against a fierce Carolina defense.  In the Tampa game, Duce scores the first time he runs the ball, then Reid abandons the running game and McNabb chokes passing. 

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

On the Carolina NFCCG game, and for that matter, the Tampa NFCCG, I fault Reid for not running the ball enough.  He had a QB who tightened up in big games and he had a great OL and great running backs.  In the Carolina game after McNabb was knocked out, Runyan told Reid the OL could open up running lanes but Reid ignored the advice and had Koy Detmer drop back passing too much against a fierce Carolina defense.  In the Tampa game, Duce scores the first time he runs the ball, then Reid abandons the running game and McNabb chokes passing. 

oh boy, @SkippyXisn't going to like how you dared to suggest that reid insn't perfect. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

oh boy, @SkippyXisn't going to like how you dared to suggest that reid insn't perfect. 

Reid's a great head coach - probably the greatest head coach this team has had in the Super Bowl era.  Maybe Vermeil is in the conversation too.  But he had poor game plans for those two NFCCG's that I believe cost us at least one SB appearance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

Reid's a great head coach - probably the greatest head coach this team has had in the Super Bowl era.  Maybe Vermeil is in the conversation too.  But he had poor game plans for those two NFCCG's that I believe cost us at least one SB appearance.

agreed that reid is one of the greatest eagles coaches, but yeah, those two games and the SB itself when the team finally got over the hump. his time management in the SB at the end of the 1st half and the end of the game cost them. that doesn't mean there weren't other factors, because there were, but you have to acknowledge red's miscues if you want to be honest about him. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:02 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

Straw Man from those with lame arguments. How refreshing!

Joe Montana got his hindquarters beaten by BB 3 times. It did not make him less of a great QB.

Greatness is not defined by the few times you failed.

Andy was awesome. He turned a pair of sad sack franchises into elite teams.

Get over your lame, sad, petty, BS.

On 4/10/2023 at 7:38 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

why are you so hurt over reid ? 

Because Reid had choked in a lot of Playoff games (especially ones they were favored in) with Eagles, yet when he faces off against Eagles in Super Bowl, he had no problems with choking against Eagles.

On 4/12/2023 at 12:52 PM, Procus said:

If Eagles had a Doug Pederson or Nick Sirianni as head coach in 2000's, they easily win at least one Super Bowl. I doubt either of them lose against Cardinals in 2008 NFCCG. I've felt better about Playoff games under Pederson and Sirianni than with Reid. I've felt Eagles would lose with Reid.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, Procus said:

Foles was a rookie in 2012. 

If you remember, Reid's son OD'd in training camp, and then the entire OL went down in the regular season.  And Andy's tenure in Philly was getting stale.  Both sides needed a change - although I suspect if the team let him stay a few more years with an ultimatum that he re-invent himself, we would have soon renewed greatness from Reid in Philly eventually.

No way Reid would have re-invented himself. He was (and has been) same Andy Reid until he got Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes hides Reid's flaws and have bailed him out. Mahomes Even took a really team friendly deal. Even when he had Alex Smith, Reid choked against Titans up 21-3 in 2017 Playoffs.

Do any of you really think Hurts would be this good under Andy Reid? I have my doubts. When Hurts and Eagles were struggling in 2021, what did Sirianni do? Ran ball (and even lead league in Rushing yards), something Reid didn't like doing. Hurts is possibly McNabb or Dak level with Reid. 

Would Howie Roseman be who he is if Reid didn't get fired? Would Howie even have much control if Reid was still here? I doubt Reid would have allowed Howie to pick Hurts in second round (Yeah, I know I hated pick at time). That stubborn mule may have tried to fix Wentz. Maybe Howie learned from McNabb-Owens feud.

On 4/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, SkippyX said:

Reid is awesome. We have a Lombardi in large part because of him.

He changed this franchise from a joke to a power.

Look at the history of KC and Philly with and without AR and its not even close.

He's top 5 as far as coaches go.  

I'd argue Chip Kelly played a bigger role of Eagles getting that Lombardi and how Eagles are now. How?

1) He got rid of me-first (yet good) players like Desean Jackson and Lesean McCoy. These days, Eagles don't really have these kind of players.

2) Showed Eagles how to properly use Nick Foles. Pederson smartly used Chip playbook for Foles to win that Super Bowl.

3) Howie became a better GM as a result of Chip taking his job in 2015. Howie got punished in some way for not trying to be one of best GMs. Howie even said he learned a lot from Chip era.

4) Apparently Lurie learned from Chip Kelly era to not give a coach (Pederson) a lot of control like he did for Chip. Eagles have once again became a scary team with Sirianni with Howie running things.

6 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Because Reid had choked in a lot of Playoff games (especially ones they were favored in) with Eagles, yet when he faces off against Eagles in Super Bowl, he had no problems with choking against Eagles.

go grab some kleenex and get over it already, and take your speculations & what if's with you. 

• Like 1

I will never understand the people who are so obsessed with hating Lurie and Howie and Reid.

You do you. I guess. Enjoy the festering hatred for a guy on the way to becoming the 2nd best HC in NFL history.

Time's yours!

Reads the Chump Kelly credit rant... Ignore button engaged!

Time's still yours but I'll never see another rant.

For everyone else, Chump Kelly is 15-4 when relying on Nick Foles at QB and 13-31 in every other NFL game he coached.

The moron traded him away with a 2nd round pick to bring in Sammy Sleeves and his big cap hit.

Yeah, lets praise Chump and rip on 2 time SB champion and 4 time SB appearance Andy Reid.