Discuss former Eagles HC Andy Reid here

gameshowfan91

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Reads the Chump Kelly credit rant... Ignore button engaged!

Time's still yours but I'll never see another rant.

For everyone else, Chump Kelly is 15-4 when relying on Nick Foles at QB and 13-31 in every other NFL game he coached.

The moron traded him away with a 2nd round pick to bring in Sammy Sleeves and his big cap hit.

Yeah, lets praise Chump and rip on 2 time SB champion and 4 time SB appearance Andy Reid.

Not saying Chip Kelly was a great coach for Eagles. He was a moron. Results of Eagles after Chip Kelly were great.

On 4/17/2023 at 1:52 PM, SkippyX said:

Straw Man from those with lame arguments. How refreshing!

Joe Montana got his hindquarters beaten by BB 3 times. It did not make him less of a great QB.

Greatness is not defined by the few times you failed.

Andy was awesome. He turned a pair of sad sack franchises into elite teams.

Get over your lame, sad, petty, BS.

nobody said reid wasn't a great coach, but on the flipside, you and your fragile persona refuse to admit he had any faults and feel the need to attach anyone who suggest such a defamation of character. 

you & gamshowfan91 both need some Masengill to get over your menstrual fandoms. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

nobody said reid wasn't a great coach, but on the flipside, you and your fragile persona refuse to admit he had any faults and feel the need to attach anyone who suggest such a defamation of character. 

you & gamshowfan91 both need some Masengill to get over your menstrual fandoms. 

Comprehension is not your thing, I guess, You actually quoted me where I acknowledged flaws.

I have explained those faults with examples. I embrace them. Hell, I even gave some Belichick faults as examples.

Only the ultra-sensitive hold grudges for Reid.  (I wish I was cool enough to make some kind of weird misogynistic reference here. 1976 must be so proud of you)

Reid built teams good enough to win 4 or 5 SBs here and McNabb dashed them on the rocks every time.

Lurie is not perfect. Howie is not perfect. Reid is not perfect. They are all awesome at what they do. We are luck to have them as part of Eagles history / present.

People who hate any of them are worthless in my opinion.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about if you think I am denying his flaws that mean little in the overall picture while pointing out his clear and obvious greatness.

AR is already a top 5 NFL head coach so incessant blather about his lack of perfection is pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Reid was on the Rich Eisen show after the draft.  He said he doesn't decide the players they take, the GM Brett Veach does.  Rich asked him how involved he is, and Andy said the GM keeps him informed throughout the process about who they are looking at.  Andy said "I don't do anything on it honestly, I'm watching."  When Brett was a scout he was the one who scouted Mahomes and told Andy he's the best QB prospect he's ever seen.  

Without Mahomes, you can argue Andy would still not have a Super Bowl win.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Reid was on the Rich Eisen show after the draft.  He said he doesn't decide the players they take, the GM Brett Veach does.  Rich asked him how involved he is, and Andy said the GM keeps him informed throughout the process about who they are looking at.  Andy said "I don't do anything on it honestly, I'm watching."  When Brett was a scout he was the one who scouted Mahomes and told Andy he's the best QB prospect he's ever seen.  

What a silly comment. Without Foles' complete outlier of a performance the Eagles would still be ringless. Would the Pats have any SB wins without Brady? Are you arguing that his accomplishments are less significant because he didn't hand pick the QB?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

don't let @SkippyXhear your blather about reid. he will reign down on you with a lengthy V monologue about how people who bring up less than stellar facts of him are pathetic. 

there's three reid camps, the haters like @gameshowfan91, the fanboys like skippy, and then the rest of us who can acknowledge both his greatness and his weaknesses without having a mental breakdown either way. 

48 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What a silly comment. Without Foles' complete outlier of a performance the Eagles would still be ringless. Would the Pats have any SB wins without Brady? Are you arguing that his accomplishments are less significant because he didn't hand pick the QB?  

Not really.  He accomplished a lot in Philly and went to 4 NFCCGs and a Super Bowl.  People have debated his level of involvement in picking players in KC vs Philly where he was in charge of personnel and now in KC he's not, his GM picks the players (obviously every GM should collaborate with coaches on the type of players they want).  

Reid's a great coach, has hired great coaches on his staffs over the years as well.  I just thought it was interesting we finally got a definitive answer that Andy is not in charge of personnel in KC like he was here.  Andy may have drafted Mahomes on his own as well who knows.  Fans here have said for years that Andy gets sole credit for picking Mahomes, Kelce, etc while others said it's not him, it's their GM.  So I thought it was interesting he made that clear on the Eisen show he isn't picking the players.

But yeah Andy couldn't get it done in Philly but with the best QB in the league plus a lot of weapons on offense he's now won 2 SBs.  I think part of that is also focusing on coaching and not having to be the executive/GM, part of that is lessons learned from his prior experience, change of scenery, etc.  

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I think part of that is also focusing on coaching and not having to be the executive/GM, part of that is lessons learned from his prior experience, change of scenery, etc.  

not having to deal with the issues with his son like he was here had to be a huge weight off his shoulders too. 

reid did a ton, i mean a ton of things right while here in philly, i love the guy for what he did to make the eagles relavant again, but he is also part of the reason the eagles didn't win a super bowl during his era. trying to push all of the blame on mcnabb (like some are) is not going to pass the smell test with those who aren't drinking the reid I need to find a new cliche. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

just thought it was interesting we finally got a definitive answer that Andy is not in charge of personnel in KC like he was here. 

Thought this was already known

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Thought this was already known

So did I but people have debated it for years.

32 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So did I but people have debated it for years.

Fun fact, I worked in the same town Veach was born and raised and currently live 30 min from there

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Fun fact, I worked in the same town Veach was born and raised and currently live 30 min from there

Now if you had been the one to tell him about this young up and coming talent Pat Mahomes, that would be a fun fact.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Now if you had been the one to tell him about this young up and coming talent Pat Mahomes, that would be a fun fact.

I'm sorry that wasn't fun for you

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm sorry that wasn't fun for you

It was mildly interesting. 

:P

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

is it ok to say something even remotely critical of andy yet ? 

asking for a friend. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of without player X bro. The astounding grasp on logic is always a wonder to behold.

Without Messier, Gretzky would have zero rings.

Without Pippen, Jordan would have zero rings.

Without Bill Russell, Red Auerbach would have zero rings.

Without Jordan and Kobe, Phil would have no rings. (as a coach anyway, lets throw Willis Reed in there to take away that ring too!)

Without Jay Novacek, Aikman would have no rings. 

Without Donnie Jones punting, Jeff Lurie would have no rings.

Steve Kerr?  Jordan, Duncan, Curry? Now he sucks too? man, its tough out there with every single player and coach in the history of sports all sucking.

I'll let someone else come up with the Pat Riley exclusion list to prove he's also a bum.  🤣

Without other players, no players or coaches would have a ring... DUH!

Without water, Katie Ledecky is just someone standing around. 🤣

Water is the real star of swimming.

• 1 month later...

There was someone in YouTube comments who said they were watching an Eagles game and mentioned they were unstoppable with McNabb or OC calling plays, but when Reid took back play calling, things went downhill. That person even said he it looked like Reid would throw up with McNabb or OC calling plays and being successful. This might why Eagles blew games and leads (wanted to take back play calling). It might also explain why Eagles weren't as good as they were after 2004. That person also said Mahomes saved Reid from being another Marty Schottenheimer. Pretty much saying what I've been saying.

Wentz and Foles both looked like they had a lot of control with play calling and didn't really blow a big lead. The most famous instance was Philly Special play in Super Bowl LII. If it was Reid, he probably shoots down that play and 'wait until later' to call that play and either kick field goal or do a pass play that fails. Maybe Wentz (before injury) get upset with Reid limiting him and not play as good as he did pre-injury.

• 2 months later...

Andy Reid can surpass Tom Landry on all-time coaching wins list on Sunday

• By
  • Michael David Smith Published September 22, 2023
  •  

Andy Reid can surpass Tom Landry on all-time coaching wins list on Sunday

Andy Reid will go for his 271st coaching win when his Chiefs face the Bears on Sunday, which would move him all alone into fourth place in NFL history.

Reid is currently tied with Tom Landry, who won 270 games (250 regular season and 20 postseason) during his Hall of Fame tenure with the Cowboys. Reid won 130 regular season and 10 postseason games with the Eagles and has now won 118 regular season and 12 postseason games with the Chiefs.

When Reid gets win No. 271, he’ll be behind only Don Shula with 347, Bill Belichick with 329 and George Halas with 324 wins in NFL history.

The 65-year-old Reid has given no indication that he’s thinking about retiring, so it’s easy to see him coaching another five years or so. Since getting Patrick Mahomes as his quarterback, Reid has averaged 15.6 wins a year (counting the postseason), and at that pace it would take him right around another five years to surpass Shula’s all-time record.

Of course, it’s possible that the 71-year-old Belichick will break Shula’s record before Reid can get there. But given that Reid is six years younger than Belichick and has Mahomes on a long-term contract, no one should be surprised if some day, it’s Reid who owns the all-time record for most coaching wins.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/andy-reid-can-surpass-tom-landry-on-all-time-coaching-wins-list-on-sunday

• Like 1