Slay signs 3 year contract extension to stay with Eagles

pgcd3

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Isn't he under contract still?

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So the rest is incentivized where he has to earn it for the season?

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Isn't he under contract still?

If he wasn't, they couldn't trade him.  :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So the rest is incentivized where he has to earn it for the season?

Wrong guy to ask about cap and contract stuff lol, I just saw the tweets about it and shared.  @paco and others dive into that stuff.  I posted the link to his contract details on over the cap site above.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, paco said:

If he wasn't, they couldn't trade him.  :unsure: 

Was hoping no one would notice that lol

• Haha 3

damn...makes me even more angry about losing the super bowl. salaries were in place this past season.  not so much going forward. 

f'n defensive holding call :nonono:  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Wrong guy to ask about cap and contract stuff lol, I just saw the tweets about it and shared.  @paco and others dive into that stuff.  I posted the link to his contract details on over the cap site above.

I mean, I just steal from Overthecap like every other jerk.  Both that site and spotrac don't have the incentives listed.  There is a workout bonus.

27 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

My guess is Slay wants an extension and the Eagles don't want to give it

My hope is they are moving him because it helps clear some cap space and they are planning to bring back Bradberry.

I find it funny that the national reporters are always the ones to break news about the Eagles...and the local beat writers who think they're experts never have any information.  They speculate and are wrong more often than right.  They are just reacting to the news broken by ESPN and NFLN like any fans.  :lol:

• Like 2

Would a trading team be opposed to agreeing to a trade but it not being official until post-June?  Not like he would be playing before then.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

My hope is they are moving him because it helps clear some cap space and they are planning to bring back Bradberry.

That would be interesting since it was expected Bradberry would leave in free agency.  To then re-sign him and trade Slay and then (hopefully?) draft a top CB prospect at #10 would still be a good plan at corner.  

A lot of people have also thought Slay is on the decline and not what he used to be.  If the team feels that way and prefers Bradberry - who had a great year - then I would be ok with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Would a trading team be opposed to agreeing to a trade but it not being official until post-June?  Not like he would be playing before then.

I posted the below tweet earlier.  I don't really know how all that stuff works.  But I don't know if that's a thing?  To trade someone but like future date it for contract reasons?  It's odd the league would allow that it's like getting around having to pay the player, curious how the NFLPA views something like that.  

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I posted the below tweet earlier.  I don't really know how all that stuff works.  But I don't know if that's a thing?  To trade someone but like future date it for contract reasons?  It's odd the league would allow that it's like getting around having to pay the player, curious how the NFLPA views something like that.  

I guess it would have to be a behind the scenes unofficial agreement and it isn't officially announced until til after June.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

:roll:

Those 2 tweets are like 20 minutes apart.  Perfect example that these media guys HAVE NO CLUE.  He saw a tweet from an ESPN reporter - like we all did - and then tweeted he's as good as gone.  Yes it's just his opinion.  But these "journalists" are just reacting to news like a fan.  Then they're scouring Twitter and reading other reactions, and then following up to change their mind.  

This is exactly why I tell guys like @EazyEaglez to not get worked up about "rumors" and "vibes" from media when they often have no idea what they're talking about.