**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

time for an offseason thread.

1396572242.jpeg

what does the future have in store for our 76ers?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am curious what Harris will get with his expiring. I think it will be underwhelming because I don't see a ton of guys with longer deals on bad teams. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

I am curious what Harris will get with his expiring. I think it will be underwhelming because I don't see a ton of guys with longer deals on bad teams. 

yeah...there's a chance a tobias trade won't happen until next season's trade deadline. :meh:  at that point, teams will have a clearer picture of whether or not they should be in tank mode & want to shed salary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...there's a chance a tobias trade won't happen until next season's trade deadline. :meh:  at that point, teams will have a clearer picture of whether or not they should be in tank mode & want to shed salary. 

Yeah that is thought as well. He knows he is dead man walking. If keeping Embiid I would trade for John Collins, I am higher on him than others and think he is another guy that will flourish away from Trae 

Has Doc been fired yet?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Has Doc been fired yet?

not yet. keep refreshing twitter! 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

not yet. keep refreshing twitter! 

I'll ask again in about 12 hours :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mat said:

Has Doc been fired yet?

stop calling him doc ! 

• Like 1

Do we really expect Harris to eat the remainder of Rivers' contract? I am skeptical. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Do we really expect Harris to eat the remainder of Rivers' contract? I am skeptical. 

ET7MkC9WsAI26_y.png

• Haha 1

Assuming Harden walks and Harris is too cheap to fire Rivers, I don't really know what can be done to improve the team. I'm not sure there will be an active market for Harris until the deadline. 

I mean, the full context is a completely different tone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Assuming Harden walks and Harris is too cheap to fire Rivers, I don't really know what can be done to improve the team. I'm not sure there will be an active market for Harris until the deadline. 

Firing Doc is the cheapest and easiest way to improve the team. I also think a new coach would keep their ticket base coming back next season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Firing Doc is the cheapest and easiest way to improve the team. I also think a new coach would keep their ticket base coming back next season. 

I just don't see Harris eating $17 million. I don't think he gives a crap about improving the team. He wants to get the new stadium going and then sell at a massive profit. I suspect he has the same plan with the R-words.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I mean, the full context is a completely different tone. 

I also saw this quote before 

People were praising Giannis for coming out and saying the season wasn't a failure when he was asked in his press conference after losing to the 8 seed Heat

Embiid definitely underperformed, but he also came back in 2 weeks with a 4-6 week injury to try and help the team.  He is an easy target right now, but he is also the kind of guy that will use it as motivation out of spite to come out and prove a point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mat said:

I also saw this quote before 

People were praising Giannis for coming out and saying the season wasn't a failure when he was asked in his press conference after losing to the 8 seed Heat

Embiid definitely underperformed, but he also came back in 2 weeks with a 4-6 week injury to try and help the team.  He is an easy target right now, but he is also the kind of guy that will use it as motivation out of spite to come out and prove a point

He has only underperformed in the playoffs. Dude isn't some easy target. He is the MVP of the league and in big moments when it matters, he plays worse. At some point it is just who he is. 

Screenshot_20230514-175959.png

Screenshot_20230514-180010.png

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Think everyone should be prepared for 

Beal for Harris 

Why would the Wizards do that?

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Why would the Wizards do that?

Get out of that horrible Beal contract?

I feel like the great "what if" in Sixers' history will be -- what if Harris never caved to Silver and replaced Hinke with Colangelo?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Screenshot_20230515-132712.png

The 6ers don't have to trade Harris for a bad contract.  

But I can see Morey being enticed by the name player for sure. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The 6ers don't have to trade Harris for a bad contract.  

But I can see Morey being enticed by the name player for sure. 

Was supposed to happen before Beal got hurt his ankle a few years ago and Embiid was openly upset about it

17 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Was supposed to happen before Beal got hurt his ankle a few years ago and Embiid was openly upset about it

Is Beal a shell of himself because of injury? I didn’t realize his production dropped so much the last 2 years.