Jason Kelce was almost not drafted to Eagles

gameshowfan91

A positive thing about Juan Castillo getting moved to Defensive Coordinator.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

A positive thing about Juan Castillo getting moved to Defensive Coordinator.

Another positive thing about Juan Castillo being ousted as OLine coach

Mitchell Leff/Getty Images

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Procus said:

Another positive thing about Juan Castillo being ousted as OLine coach

Mitchell Leff/Getty Images

The day that man retires will be devastating

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Howard Mudd was very high on his Jeff Saturday clone in Kelce. I believe Mudd was hired to appease Washburn because they were friends thus moving Castillio to DC. I think Reid was hoping his friend would eventually get a HC job of his own, but it didn't work out that way and it all fell apart. Juan was a good OC coach in his own right though. He turned a lot of undrafted players into solid NFL players, and he also made some Pro Bowl players on that line as well. He was just woefully outclassed at DC, but was he worse than Davis who Chip brought in? I don't think so. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howard Mudd was very high on his Jeff Saturday clone in Kelce. I believe Mudd was hired to appease Washburn because they were friends thus moving Castillio to DC. I think Reid was hoping his friend would eventually get a HC job of his own, but it didn't work out that way and it all fell apart. Juan was a good OC coach in his own right though. He turned a lot of undrafted players into solid NFL players, and he also made some Pro Bowl players on that line as well. He was just woefully outclassed at DC, but was he worse than Davis who Chip brought in? I don't think so. 

Juan definitely did a great job as OLine coach.  We’ve been lucky to have some good ones.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Juan definitely did a great job as OLine coach.  We’ve been lucky to have some good ones.

I remember the years when the Eagles offensive line was absolutely their Achilles Heel even when they had one of the greatest defenses ever assembled. Andy Reid came in here and turned that all around and we have been a team with a dominating offensive line since. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I remember the years when the Eagles offensive line was absolutely their Achilles Heel even when they had one of the greatest defenses ever assembled. Andy Reid came in here and turned that all around and we have been a team with a dominating offensive line since. 

Yes, and I forgot to mention how bad our OLine was before Andy/Juan showed up.  It was shocking to see how good they got under that tenure.  

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, EazyEaglez said:

It's also worth remembering how bad the defense was after JJ went, we tried Sean McDermott and Todd Bowles either side of Juan and neither could make it work and they went on to be among the most respected defensive coordinators in the league. We made big splashy FA signings at corner while getting in underwhelming short term rentals like Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri and Babin to fill out a d line that was pretty much over the hill trash outside Trent Cole and Brandon Graham.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Other way around, Mudd said he'd come out of retirement if they also hired Washburn.

As good as Mudd was Washburn was a cancer, and in my opinion was the biggest reason those teams failed.

Washburns title was D line coach but he was basically a co DC with juan whom he called Juanita which for those not familiar Juanita is a female term of endearment for Juan, Juanito being the male term 

Washburn constantly called Juan a girl while also telling Juan to stay away from his d line and worry about the back 7, which of course caused friction not too mention a disjointed defense 

Keep in mind Juan was the DC and washburns boss.

Reid never wanted Washburn he wanted Mudd they were a package deal, and the only reason Reid didn't fire Washburn earlier is because I'm sure Mudd would have left if he did.

Grateful for Mudd wish Washburn wasn't part of the deal but ultimately brought Kelce so ...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 12:48 PM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's also worth remembering how bad the defense was after JJ went, we tried Sean McDermott and Todd Bowles either side of Juan and neither could make it work and they went on to be among the most respected defensive coordinators in the league. We made big splashy FA signings at corner while getting in underwhelming short term rentals like Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri and Babin to fill out a d line that was pretty much over the hill trash outside Trent Cole and Brandon Graham.

Didn't Babin have 1 good season with the Eagles?

I remember him as a 1 trick pony with a bad attitude and an even worse coach.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Say what you want about Chip, he brought in Stout

Castillo was a good OL coach, but nowhere near the league of Stout.  He got a bum deal as the DC.  After Castillo was fired midseason, the defense regressed further.  He was a fish out of water, and that move ultimately helped pave Reid's exit from Philly.

21 hours ago, mihailo said:

We brought him in on a one year deal in '09 and he wasn't good, then he went to the Titans and had 12.5 sacks, so we brought him back as a free agent in '11 on a 5 year deal, the first year he balled out and had 18.5 sacks, the next year he had 5.5 through 11 games and then we cut him mid season, we were giving up on the season (big reds last) but it was still weird that we didn't even shop him around before the trade deadline and just cut him a month after it, it doesn't speak well of Babin as a locker room presence.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 7:15 AM, mihailo said:

Two good seasons even made the original bowl where he was laughed at by real DEs.

Washburn lined his DEs up in the wide 9 every snap and told them to rush the QB and that's it, Babin racked up sacks but hung every one else on the d out to dry , defense needs to be an 11 man unit that works together, with Washburn it was a fragmented Defense as he told Castillo to leave his d line alone and just focus on the back 7, which as expected led to a really inconsistent fractured defense.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 6:40 PM, Damanick10 said:

The day that man retires will be devastating

Yes but the blow could be softened if he develops a protege' who stays. If I were a young coach on the offensive side, I'd want to attach myself to Stoutland at the hip and learn all I could. His eye for talent and track record of success strongly suggests he's figured out a few things and those things need not be lost when he leaves.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:48 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cool

Bwestbrook36 posts ads on Craigslist to lure unsuspecting men to his comfy avatar cushion.  @EaglePhan1986 and @Godfather have already been victims. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Bwestbrook36 posts ads on Craigslist to lure unsuspecting men to his comfy avatar cushion.  @EaglePhan1986 and @Godfather have already been victims. 

@Godfather and I actually showed up at the same time. … Bwestbrook was the victim… 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I don't recall any victims, only the ready and willing

• Haha 3

On 6/24/2023 at 8:06 AM, EaglePhan1986 said:

@Godfather and I actually showed up at the same time. … Bwestbrook was the victim… 

@Bwestbrook36 made @TheLeadCommander the victim. Gaped him open while he had his Sam Howell jersey on

• Haha 2

I don’t want to imagine an eagles history without Jason kelce.