2020 NFL Season: new CBA, preseason cancelled, camp happening

DeathByEagle

Season ticket holders received this email yesterday. I'm blocking out my name and account number of course but here is the rest of the email word for word. 

We hope you and your family are doing well. As we prepare for the 2020 football season, we continue to do so with the health and safety of our players, employees, fans and community as our top priority.

As we are seeing with other professional sports and experiencing in our everyday lives, protocols and guidelines are continuing to develop and evolve.

We understand that you may have questions about how your experience as a Season Ticket Member will be impacted. We appreciate your patience as we continue to process the information we are receiving from the NFL, as well as federal, state, and local officials.  We will communicate additional information regarding the 2020 season following the Fourth of July.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Fly Eagles Fly!

I paid my tickets in full day 1 so hoping anyone who did pay in full gets all games as a perk so they don't have to pay us back lol. Rest of the payment fans every other game, lol. Just kidding. Really hope its full stadiums but not going to hold my breath. I have a feeling it will be no fans for any preseason games. Then start season with 25% full each game, by mid season 50%  full, then 75%, and final few games and playoffs if looking good back to 100%. 

The NFL already said it will be fully up to each team and owner how they want to deal with fan attendance. They ONLY thing required by the NFL is the first 6 rows in the lower bowl will be empty and can be sold for advertisement banners. 

UPDATE 07-15-2020

http://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/82536/Eagles-fans-get-glimmer-of-hope-they-could-go-to-home-games

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Then start season with 25% full each game, by mid season 50%  full, then 75%, and final few games and playoffs if looking good back to 100%

I doubt this unless there’s a vaccine. They’re predicting an outbreak in the fall/winter season just like every other illness. 

There likely will be no fans even if there is a season. Herd immunity steps in when there are 70% of the country infected. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I doubt this unless there’s a vaccine. They’re predicting an outbreak in the fall/winter season just like every other illness. 

Outbreak happening right now. Only going to get worse during the cold weather with people continuing to mingle in larger gatherings.

There will be no fans in stands this season. There is no way they can safely implement that without it being a public health hazard.

I did hear good news about an early vaccine, but the earliest it would be available is winter 2020. And that is if it ends up being successful. But at least they are currently investing a ton of money into vaccine development without worrying about making a profit. Skips a lot of the development hurdles that cause a vaccine a long time to be available to the public.

• Like 2

Confirmed: NFL cancels preseason weeks 1 and 4. Each team will get one home and one away preseason game only. 

I have my doubts that there will/should be a season. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Same here.  With so many states seeing a spike in infections recently and now some states shutting things down again (and surely more to follow), the odds of a season happening seem to be dwindling.  

On 7/1/2020 at 4:24 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Agree. At this point I'm just hoping for a season. Not sure what will happen to my dynasty fantasy team if we skip a year (1st world problems).

On 7/1/2020 at 8:20 PM, time2rock said:

Same here.  With so many states seeing a spike in infections recently and now some states shutting things down again (and surely more to follow), the odds of a season happening seem to be dwindling.  

I tend to feel the same way. NJ opened malls on Mon and I was just in one and it seemed like any other mall day just w masks. And if they weren't mandatory I bet most wouldn't wear them. If the rest of the state looks like what I saw I'd think we're in for a spike as well

Newest Update

As our preparations for the 2020 season continue, please know that we are working closely with league and government officials to make all necessary adjustments with the health and safety of our fans, employees, players and community as our top priority.

We have been discussing and will continue to plan for all possible scenarios, but in order to facilitate new policies and safety measures, we are anticipating certain seating areas to be unavailable. As many teams have also communicated in recent weeks, there is a chance we will have to significantly reduce the stadium’s seating capacity.

At this time, you may have questions about how that would impact your experience as a season ticket member. We will communicate more information as the season approaches and our plans take shape.

We understand that, even with safety measures in place, you may have concerns about attending games in person. As such, we would like to offer you the option to defer your Season Tickets for the 2020 season. If you choose this option, we will pause your account for 2020 and resume your account in 2021 with the same seat locations you would have had in 2020.  If applicable, your SBL and any other ticket or club seat license agreement will remain in effect and you will resume season ticket purchases in 2021.

To opt-out of the 2020 season, please click here, log into your Eagles Account Manager and complete the opt-out form. Any monies paid to date can either be applied to the 2021 season or refunded. Please complete this form by Wednesday, July 15th. We will send you an email confirming your opt-out within 10 business days of your submission.

If you do not want to opt-out, no action is required at this time.

For any questions or concerns, please contact our Season Ticket Member Services Team at 215-463-5500 or STM@philadelphiaeagles.com.

Fly Eagles Fly!

• Like 1

As I look at pro sports teams getting ready to play, I keep getting this feeling that if the virus doesn't calm the hell down, after a few players get sick, the leagues will shut down until this virus either gets under control or a vaccine is developed. I like to think positive, but this virus isn't taking any prisoners and is just ruthless right now.

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

As I look at pro sports teams getting ready to play, I keep getting this feeling that if the virus doesn't calm the hell down, after a few players get sick, the leagues will shut down until this virus either gets under control or a vaccine is developed. I like to think positive, but this virus isn't taking any prisoners and is just ruthless right now.

I watched that KC/TN replay on Sunday.  Given the actions and precautions that we have now, there is ZERO chance the NFL plays.  Its just a close fought, physical game.  I know they are holding out for a miracle vaccine or similar solution and not killing our hopes yet, but it will get real in August. I hate the thought of it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I watched that KC/TN replay on Sunday.  Given the actions and precautions that we have now, there is ZERO chance the NFL plays.  Its just a close fought, physical game.  I know they are holding out for a miracle vaccine or similar solution and not killing our hopes yet, but it will get real in August. I hate the thought of it.

Same

I'm probably going to opt out. Even if there is a season, I have a feeling it will be a real headache for fans going to the games. Are they going to try to require people to wear a mask? How will they try to enforce social distancing?

I'm not sure it's going to be worth the hassle.

59 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm probably going to opt out. Even if there is a season, I have a feeling it will be a real headache for fans going to the games. Are they going to try to require people to wear a mask? How will they try to enforce social distancing?

I'm not sure it's going to be worth the hassle.

I’m not a STHer anymore, so it wouldn’t affect me, but I couldn’t wear a mask in the early September games. Way too hot and humid for me. The November and December games I could deal with, but not in this heat. 

• Like 1

I will NOT be opting out. Ill wear a mask, take my temp, pull down and cough, bend over and grab my ankles. What ever they want. Tickets are paid for and I don't want my money back. Give me The Linc :)

However the Ravens just informed their season ticket holders they will not be having any fans this year in the stadium at this time so all season ticket holders are forced to opt out. If they do  open up some games, it will be sold as a single game and extreme limit, around 14k fans. First come, first serve with Season ticket holders getting first bids to get tickets. 

21 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m not a STHer anymore, so it wouldn’t affect me, but I couldn’t wear a mask in the early September games. Way too hot and humid for me. The November and December games I could deal with, but not in this heat. 

I'm curious what a stadium half filled or less sounds like with everyone wearing masks.

9 minutes ago, allphilly said:

I'm curious what a stadium half filled or less sounds like with everyone wearing masks.

air horns will be given out when u enter the stadium

23 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

air horns will be given out when u enter the stadium

Vuvuzela: The Buzz of the World Cup | Travel | Smithsonian Magazine

Vuvuzela time

56 minutes ago, allphilly said:

Little noise and likely very muffled sounding I’d think. 

I called the ticket office this afternoon. After waiting on hold for about twenty minutes, I got disconnected. Frustrating indeed. I guess I'll call tomorrow.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I called the ticket office this afternoon. After waiting on hold for about twenty minutes, I got disconnected. Frustrating indeed. I guess I'll call tomorrow.

Why call? If opting out, you just follow the link on the email. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Why call? If opting out, you just follow the link on the email. 

This may be silly but I have never done the account manager thing. I've always preferred to handle ticket business over the phone. If I can't get through tomorrow or Monday, I might have to resort to that though.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

This may be silly but I have never done the account manager thing. I've always preferred to handle ticket business over the phone. If I can't get through tomorrow or Monday, I might have to resort to that though.

Boomer!!