GDT Preseason: Cleveland Browns @ Philadelphia Eagles, 8-17-23 7:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

How lucky are we to have Hurts, dude is a class act....pretty good football player too 

I’m amazed how he always looks locked in, no matter the score, no matter the situation. 

That was painful to watch. Some bright spots, but mostly negative. Real crap show at times. 
Some cuts should be a no brainer after this. 

Mariorta is either 3 or gone…mckee can drop some dimes…

defense looks good..look aggressive…

need to sharpen it up big time..but still feel good about this year

we stay healthy…3 losses

6 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

I’m amazed how he always looks locked in, no matter the score, no matter the situation. 

Laser focus, after I saw his phone wallpaper I knew that we're going to be in for a hell of a ride this season. 

Takes some big Fing balls, positivity and self-awareness to stare at that every day with the constant reminder that he was so closing to winning it all. 

Leading up to the draft, I had hoped that somehow the Ealges would have drafted DTR. He has had 2 impressive preseason appearances.

I also expected that we would sign someone like Mariota to provide an experienced presence.

I got one wish fulfilled and one not. Mckee has been apleasant surprise.

Let's just hope that Mariota can improve his performance if called upon.

48 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

That was painful to watch. Some bright spots, but mostly negative. Real crap show at times. 

New to preseason football?

McKee looked pretty good. He's still a little raw so i'd probably bring in a vet as QB2.

I'd personally like to see Foles brought in as backup. I doubt it would happen because the team wouldn't want to create drama. I personally don't think it would. I think most of the fan base understands he's a good backup that has the ability to be exceptional when he needs to be. Whereas Hurts is exceptional all the time.

Ok.. Ok.. I really just want a kelly green Foles jersey.

Mariota is playing like hot doo doo but y'all are crazy if you think he won't make the team and be the #2 at least to start the year. His cap hit if cut is something like $5mil.

I only watched the 3rd quarter. The highlight of the game for me was having figured out how to watch it on my tv. Season saved. From what I gathered, there are two Elisses on the team, brothers.

9 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

But who is going to be our #2. I don’t see one on the roster right now. 

Maybe we can trade with the Browns for the backup QB. ?!? I can not believe that a former starting QB misses wide open receivers in from of him, twice in the row. Mariota is Wentz 2.0

Mariota looks really really bad doesn't he - just doesn't have the required accuracy . Polar opposite to Mckee who impressed. Some flashes from sermon (apart from the fumble) and penny. 

Couple of nice plays from Dean and Ellis. 

The backup CBs didn't do themselves any favours either, Mcphearson inparticular.

Our o line was trash surprisingly - 6 sacks?

8 hours ago, Birdman said:

Laser focus, after I saw his phone wallpaper I knew that we're going to be in for a hell of a ride this season. 

Takes some big Fing balls, positivity and self-awareness to stare at that every day with the constant reminder that he was so closing to winning it all. 

Off topic -- Your avatar pic cracks me up every time!! LOLOLOLOL

8 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Leading up to the draft, I had hoped that somehow the Ealges would have drafted DTR. He has had 2 impressive preseason appearances.

I also expected that we would sign someone like Mariota to provide an experienced presence.

I got one wish fulfilled and one not. Mckee has been apleasant surprise.

Let's just hope that Mariota can improve his performance if called upon.

McKee is looking just as good... difference was DTRs receivers actually caught the ball.

While Siriani isn't saying it, McKee is winning the Back Up Spot. I like everything about him. Especially, him making the scrubs look good. Mariota can't do that. McKee throws a better ball, is more accurate, shows command in the huddle, gets rid of the ball quickly, and has touch to his passes. It's time to give him a shot with the 2nd String and see what he can do.

8 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

While Siriani isn't saying it, McKee is winning the Back Up Spot. I like everything about him. Especially, him making the scrubs look good. Mariota can't do that. McKee throws a better ball, is more accurate, shows command in the huddle, gets rid of the ball quickly, and has touch to his passes. It's time to give him a shot with the 2nd String and see what he can do.

All true but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Despite Marcus Mariota's preseason struggles, Nick Sirianni isn't open to QB2 competition

https://www.nfl.com/news/despite-marcus-mariota-s-preseason-struggles-nick-sirianni-isn-t-open-to-qb2-com

The Eagles brain trust can't be blind to what McKee has shown. Maybe they want to keep McKee as #3 to get more NFL experience before becoming #2 next year. There may also be the "On August 18, there is no competition for QB2. Subject to change depending on circumstances."

I skipped past DAZNs crap holding screen and I stopped when the howie roseman clip started and haven’t seen the final score but I did see that Mariota had a poor showing.

15 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Based on what?  We have no idea what it is and they use the carts heavily in the pre-season.  Could be serious, but no one will know until he has a MRI tomorrow. 

Hate that I was right... but when a guy grabs for his calf like that after a non-contact injury and gets the cart typically that's what it is. Wishing a speedy recovery for McPherson.

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Just let me say.... some throws were a little high....
(Borrowed from Jimmy Kempski)

Mariota.width-704.png

I'm angry that this depiction is 100% accurate. The picture is accurate that is. Not #8.

Tanner McKee was drafted in the 6th round with the 188th pick.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round with the 199th pick. 

Coincidence? I think not! 

Can Mariota be cut? Would we still have his salary count against the cap? 

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Can Mariota be cut? Would we still have his salary count against the cap? 

@paco answered this, I believe there would be zero cap savings cause he has a void year in there

51 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@paco answered this, I believe there would be zero cap savings cause he has a void year in there

Net zero. But I think that if you cut him it accelerates to be the full 5 million this year vs spread over two.  

I really don’t know why they signed him. Anyways for now we all have to hope that he figures it out sooner than later. 

So our Offensive Coordinator, Brian Johnson, said, that McKee is a project and Mariota is the back up. That's why he is coordinator, he can't recognize talent when he see's it. The tape speaks for itself. 

Archived