12 team half ppr - hunt's team

mr_hunt

Not bad, looks like you probably had 2nd/3rd overall pick here in the 12 team league.

WR is the strength of your team and RB is reasonable for where you're drafting.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Kyle Pitts (not IRL as a player, just for fantasy football purposes).  If you used an early pick on him (6th/7th round) that pick I probably would have used on another RB/WR instead.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Not bad, looks like you probably had 2nd/3rd overall pick here in the 12 team league.

WR is the strength of your team and RB is reasonable for where you're drafting.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Kyle Pitts (not IRL as a player, just for fantasy football purposes).  If you used an early pick on him (6th/7th round) that pick I probably would have used on another RB/WR instead.

yeah...2nd overall in a 12 teamer.  agreed on pitts...not a fan. i just didn't like the freiermuth/engram types & took a chance. but i'd like a do-over on that one. 

• Like 2

damn...went back & checked who i could've drafted in the 7th instead of pitts and yeah...that one was a mistake unless he meets all the expectations folks had for him last season.  :meh:   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...2nd overall in a 12 teamer.  agreed on pitts...not a fan. i just didn't like the freiermuth/engram types & took a chance. but i'd like a do-over on that one. 

I think Freiermuth is gonna take a leap this year with Pickett improving, and while Engram is kinda risky with Calvin Ridley now in Jacksonville to take some targets away, the Jaguars are projected to have a good offense this year with Trevor Lawrence. I'd rather wait and snag one of these two and load up on RB/WR early if I didn't land Kelce.

I lucked out in one league, snagged Kelce with the 6th pick in a 12 teamer and somehow still was able to land Nick Chubb in the 2nd round. Devonta Smith is my WR1 in that league, which isn't bad considering it's a 12 teamer. 

In my other leagues the TE situation is a bit shakier but I countered that by drafting multiple TE: Engram/Kincaid, Higbee/Okonkwo, Kincaid/Okonkwo (ended up picking up LaPorta off waivers also).

Have my final draft tonight, so will see how that one goes 😄

picked up joshua kelley sunday morning...i guess i'll keep him now & probably drop achane. my bench did pretty well this week with bigsby, sutton, meyers, & kelley all scoring td's. 

starters were the suck...but i played against another crap team so i have a 11.5 point lead against buf def tonight...could go either way. 

historically, there aren't many trades in my $$ league but we've already had 2.

michael thomas for dalvin cook......meh trade, imo. i'd say the guy getting dalvin won slightly

jahmyr gibbs & garret wilson for jaylen waddle & alvin kamara....early draft picks getting traded in this one. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:05 AM, mr_hunt said:

historically, there aren't many trades in my $$ league but we've already had 2.

michael thomas for dalvin cook......meh trade, imo. i'd say the guy getting dalvin won slightly

jahmyr gibbs & garret wilson for jaylen waddle & alvin kamara....early draft picks getting traded in this one. 

Not sure what to do about Garrett Wilson right now with Rodgers out for the year. Probably going to just hold on and hope for the best and that the talent compensates for his QB situation enough. Have him in two leagues, one PPR and one 0.5 PPR as my WR1.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:19 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Not sure what to do about Garrett Wilson right now with Rodgers out for the year. Probably going to just hold on and hope for the best and that the talent compensates for his QB situation enough. Have him in two leagues, one PPR and one 0.5 PPR as my WR1.

I’m holding him and hoping they bring in any qb that would be better than Wilson.  

trying to fix my kyle pitts problem. <_<  there's a dude in my league holding 4 f'n te's on his roster...goedert, ferguson, kinkaid, & musgrave...so i'll probably wait to see who he eventually drops. best on waivers are higbee & hurst. 

soooo....would you trade DJ Moore for Christian Watson in 1/2 ppr?  

my WR's currently are:

ja'marr chase, devonta smith, dj moore, courtland sutton, nico collins, jakobi meyers

main reason would be for rest of season once watson is back playing...and because i hate dj moore & no idea why i drafted him with that pitiful bears' passing game. 

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I would do it and do it quick, before Watson plays, which looks to be this week.

my offer was accepted :thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

my offer was accepted :thumbsup:

Yeah I would be making that trade. I don't trust Fields throwing, Moore is at best a flex and borderline starter. Watson if he hits his groove with Love could be top 20 at the position. 

updated roster once the watson/moore trade processes:

QB - Trevor Lawrence

RB - Kenneth Walker III, Rhamondre Stevenson, De'Von Achane, Zach Charbonnet, Tank Bigsby

WR - Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Christian Watson, Nico Collins, Jakobi Meyers, Tank Dell, Courtland Sutton

TE - Kyle Pitts

K - Jake Moody

DST - New England

next move will be to trade a wr or 2 to upgrade TE and/or RB depth. 

Sly move to trade DJ Moore now for Watson in return. It remains to be seen what chemistry develops between Love and Watson, but there is at least Flex appeal to start him right away. Fields sucks throwing and it's holding back DJ Moore.

I don't know what you should do at TE. There is too much invested in Pitts. But the position is all or nothing. Maybe you can swing a trade for a struggling Waller or Kittle. But you might find on waivers a TE safety-valve like Musgrave or Ferguson and get just as much out of TE position.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, toolg said:

Sly move to trade DJ Moore now for Watson in return. It remains to be seen what chemistry develops between Love and Watson, but there is at least Flex appeal to start him right away. Fields sucks throwing and it's holding back DJ Moore.

I don't know what you should do at TE. There is too much invested in Pitts. But the position is all or nothing. Maybe you can swing a trade for a struggling Waller or Kittle. But you might find on waivers a TE safety-valve like Musgrave or Ferguson and get just as much out of TE position.

Good luck.

for some reason there are 22 te's rostered in this league (12 teamer). i expect a few to be dropped along the way as teams struggle to fill bye weeks.  we'll see. 

pitts is tied for 9th in targets among te's so far....so i'll have to live with him for now. 

39 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

for some reason there are 22 te's rostered in this league (12 teamer). i expect a few to be dropped along the way as teams struggle to fill bye weeks.  we'll see. 

pitts is tied for 9th in targets among te's so far....so i'll have to live with him for now. 

I'd target Goedert. He has also been a disappointment and probably worse than Pitts for the person that owns him. You may be able to trade straight up for him and I would back Goedert getting back on track before Pitts breaking out. He just seems to be lacking a bit of chemistry with Hurts right now, but there is volume and opportunity there. Otherwise maybe try and package a couple of players and see if you can pry Hockenson. Other than Kelce he seems the guy I trust the most this season with Cousins throwing to him and Jefferson a hell of a lot. It might be a little harder to make that trade 

i offered sutton for goedert last week but it wasn't accepted. actually, it wasn't denied either so idk if he even saw it. :lol:

just got a trade offer of hunter henry for sutton...i think i'd need a better te than henry though. 

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

just got a trade offer of hunter henry for sutton...i think i'd need a better te than henry though. 

Could Henry be better than Pitts? It is tempting. Henry had a hot start. New England features TE in their offense a lot. But Geisicki and Brown could start eating into Henry's production. He's trying to sell Henry while he still has value. Ultimately I resist trading anything of value for TE. I'd be reluctant and stubborn to wait it out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toolg said:

Could Henry be better than Pitts? It is tempting. Henry had a hot start. New England features TE in their offense a lot. But Geisicki and Brown could start eating into Henry's production. He's trying to sell Henry while he still has value. Ultimately I resist trading anything of value for TE. I'd be reluctant and stubborn to wait it out.

yeah, idk if henry is an upgrade over pitts...or worth giving up a decent wr for. guy who offered henry also has waller but he hasn't shown much either. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, idk if henry is an upgrade over pitts...or worth giving up a decent wr for. guy who offered henry also has waller but he hasn't shown much either. 

I'll take one disappointing TE on my roster and ride it out. Rather than having two TEs and trying to figure out who starts and who sits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, toolg said:

I'll take one disappointing TE on my roster and ride it out. Rather than having two TEs and trying to figure out who starts and who sits.

agreed...that's my te philosophy as well. why roster 2 bad te's when you could only roster 1. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i offered sutton for goedert last week but it wasn't accepted. actually, it wasn't denied either so idk if he even saw it. :lol:

I would give Goedert another shot and see how you go. It's a pass on Henry for me, I don't trust that offense to do much of anything. It will be Henry hot one week, Bourne the next and then Gesicki. They're all kinda trash 

• Like 1