GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 9-25-23, 7:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

13 hours ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

One last thing...hearing that Eagles' fanbase at Tampa made me very proud. At times it sounded like the Eagles had a home game instead of playing away. Just an amazing crowd of Bird fans representing tonight!!!

I was there and it was awesome when a group in the corner end zone started chanting "Dallas sucks!" and the majority of the stadium joined in.  I hope it got picked up on TV. 

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Buck called a run for Gainwell and then on the replay Aikman kept calling him Swift.

Aikman was even adding the yards from the Gainwell run to Swift's total.

You could feel Joe Buck's awkward silence while Aikman rambled incoherently.

I saw that, too. I'm like "You dumb ass, it was Gainwell!"

I can´t do a 2:15am kickoff these days, but watching now. A few initial thoughts:

• We should never have doubted Covey, he is a battler
  • Swift is perhaps the best back we have had since Shady
  • That offensive line is absolutely beastly

• Didn´t like the call to go for it on 4th and 2 when Jakey would make the kick. Sometimes, just take the points
  • The defensive line is a serious grouping, like historic
  • Mike Evans is still a good player

OK, end of first quarter...

• Hurts is doing a good job of sliding at the end of his rushes
  • Considering we have two new coordinators, there´s not the level of disconnect you might expect - though it´s obvious they are all still getting to know each other
  • How are there so few teams unbeaten so far this season? It´s only week three...

I really like this Zaccheaus kid. He might not be a priority target, but he works hard and always thinking about where he can have influence. That can make up for a lower level of physical gift, I hope he sticks around

7 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

OK, end of first quarter...

• Hurts is doing a good job of sliding at the end of his rushes
  • Considering we have two new coordinators, there´s not the level of disconnect you might expect - though it´s obvious they are all still getting to know each other
  • How are there so few teams unbeaten so far this season? It´s only week three...

A lot of bad football early on... Was like this last year too... Could be due to easier camps and shorter preseason... Should get better as teams gel and the season goes on... Tons of injuries early on also 

The pick on Hurts in the second quarter just looked like one of those things that happen from time to time, just a simple confusion. That won´t happen like that again. Also, Jalen Carter looks monstrous up front, a blazing fire

This tunnel vision on WRs is going to be the Eagles downfall if they don't change, yesterday took it to another level, it was absurd.

23 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

This tunnel vision on WRs is going to be the Eagles downfall if they don't change, yesterday took it to another level, it was absurd.

Confused by this post, care to be more specific?

The Eagles defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a score of 25-11. That's the first game in NFL history -- which covers more than 16,000 games to date -- to end with that exact final score. This phenomenon has come to be known as "scorigami."

:o Wow.  I remember back during 09 NFC Championship run, when we beat the Defending Super Bowl Champion Giants in their House.  The final Score was 23-11 and they said at that time that score had never happened.  So we've done it twice and both of them had our opponent only score 11.  Also the Birds tie the All-Time Series Vs Tampa at 11-11.   

11 hours ago, Utebird said:

Don't... just don't... save your time lol

Listening to Kelce this morning he made a very good point. Basically he said a lot of these holes for the backs are very much related to Jalen’s ability to run. Jalen’s ability is forcing teams to be accountable for his ability to run. It’s pretty obvious teams are keyed into Hurts running with the ball as his rush numbers have not been as good as they were in the past; however, teams can’t simply let Jalen go. This team can beat you so many different ways. Jalen is still a catalyst for all that. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Listening to Kelce this morning he made a very good point. Basically he said a lot of these holes for the backs are very much related to Jalen’s ability to run. Jalen’s ability is forcing teams to be accountable for his ability to run. It’s pretty obvious teams are keyed into Hurts running with the ball as his rush numbers have not been as good as they were in the past; however, teams can’t simply let Jalen go. This team can beat you so many different ways. Jalen is still a catalyst for all that. 

That’s actually a really good point. It is very clear teams are trying to take away the Hurts run and take away the deep ball. Ok so we mix it up until they have to adjust to stop the run or the quick game and then we beat them deep and with hurts legs.

18 hours ago, Utebird said:

Brown was targeted 14 times, twice as much as any other receiver on the team, damn near 50% of all passes thrown that weren't throw away, I hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Brown was targeted 14 times, twice as much as any other receiver on the team, damn near 50% of all passes thrown that weren't throw away, I hope that helps.

I seem to remember a few times seems hurts forced him the ball but if the dudes open get him the ball 

I have no complaints especially on a day the slim reaper seemed disinterested, going out of bounds early of a first down , then not going up after the ball on the pic. Just an off game for him🤷‍♂️

Just now, Utebird said:

I seem to remember a few times seems hurts forced him the ball but if the dudes open get him the ball 

I have no complaints especially on a day the slim reaper seemed disinterested, going out of bounds early of a first down , then not going up after the ball on the pic. Just an off game for him🤷‍♂️

Do you know I thought Smith did that. Early in the game it looked like he went out early rather than gaining an extra few yards with some contact. In fact I felt he could have made more yards without even making contact.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do you know I thought Smith did that. Early in the game it looked like he went out early rather than gaining an extra few yards with some contact. In fact I felt he could have made more yards without even making contact.

Yup it was really weird he just kind of casually stepped out of bounds...

Maybe he thought the defenders were much closer than they were, either way it was weird that he didn't turn up field and try to get more yards and just settled for 8 yard reception short of the sticks 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well yeah I mean kelce is kind of stating the obvious here, I mean that's the whole point of the RPO is forcing the D to account for the QB as a runner, now when one has a QB that is t much of a threat as a runner than the D can put their focus else where.

Great thing with swift is those runs that were 5 yards for Miles Sanders or Gainwell are 10 and 15  for swift because he's so explosive.

I know the WRs don't really like just running the ball all day but if that's what the D gives em that's how it's gotta be 

Defenses are going to have to pick their poison And for now looks like they're choosing to pick death by RB.

We'll see if the coaches stick with it and how long until defenses start creeping up to stop the run.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Here's the problem, when 50% of your targets go the the same receiver DBs begin to bait you, just like he was baited on the throw to.....guess who, Brown..

If they don't correct that sheet Hurts' INTs are going to skyrocket and the team will begin to lose games.

23 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Here's the problem, when 50% of your targets go the the same receiver DBs begin to bait you, just like he was baited on the throw to.....guess who, Brown..

If they don't correct that sheet Hurts' INTs are going to skyrocket and the team will begin to lose games.

First int was clear miscommunication. Second int wasn't to Brown. Great play by DB. Better pass or Smitty attacking the ball more and that one doesn't happen. Easily correctable.

Archived