GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 9-25-23, 7:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

12 hours ago, Utebird said:

I like OZ but Philly fans are notoriously obsessed with backup players whether it's the QB or the 4th WR etc...

Oz has 2 catches on the season, his knack for getting open in this offense is based off 2 catches...that's a pretty small sample size especially when Quez has done more in this offense.

That you don't see what I see doesn't mean it's not happening.

I've read more than a few posters here and on other eagles pages saying Quez is trash and sucks and needs to be gone blah blah blah and praising Oz like he's the next Travis fulgham.

Like I said I hope Quez does well, I was disappointed in him last year as well, I hope Oz does well, the more playmakers the eagles have the better and when Quez is playing right and making plays the eagles offense is better.

I haven't heard that type of hype for Oz especially not Fulgham type hype. Fulgham was supposed to be the next #1 based on his small sample of work.  I would say Oz's knack for getting open translated from Atlanta. He was pretty good with limited targets there which is what we need here IMO. Would be nice if we had a homerun hitter like Quez out there but seeing as though he can't get on the field and has been rather inconsistent, his spot for the limited targets is up for the taking. Always going to be a handful of fans that go over board with the criticism. Just like the infamous Shady Mccoy sucks thread. Frankly Quez hasn't done much to prove folks wrong in recent history. Oz is a security blanket possession type WR  Quez brings the take the top off. Either way we're probably discussing the 5th or 6th option on most plays. No ones drawing anything up consistently for them over Brown, Smith, Goedert, Swift/Gainwell. Whoever consistently makes plays on the limited action wins. They brought Oz in for a reason... to compete.

Archived