GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-1-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

The Eagles Offense has had 130+ WR in 3 straight games.  Jalen cracks 300 Yards for the first time this season.  Defense let some things go but adjusted 2nd half.  They shouldn't have gave up that last TD though.  Eagles also have over 100 Yards Combined Rushing for the 3rd straight game.  This is also the 3rd Straight game over 400 Yards of Offense.  

A nice comeback win by our Birds. But some cluster eff Coaching decisions. UGH.

Both new Coordinators have a loooong way to go. 

2 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

Hopefully howie is using this game like the commander game last year to get some defensive help.  I think we are going to need it. 

Another dose of midseason Howie Magic is really needed here yeah

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Directly the results of both  Coordinators. They are inexperienced trash right now.

Yeah there’s not a lot of good to be said about those coordinators right now. That was ugly today.

Why are some of you acting like nfc east games aren’t normally closely contested battles? Washington might not be an amazing team, but it’s rare for division wins to come easily. 

Just now, Muz86 said:

Why are some of you acting like nfc east games aren’t normally closely contested battles? Washington might not be an amazing team, but it’s rare for division wins to come easily. 

I think it’s more  than it’s been 4 ugly games really…

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

He has the same philosophy as Gannon but blitzes more and apparently more creative. But for me, there should be a balance with the "bend don't break". You can't play 7-10yds off when they only need 4yds for a 1st on 3rd down.

exactly but I think that this whole philosophy is not going to go anywhere and we will continue to see it. I despise it with everything I have but it is what it is......

I wasn't on here during the game (rarely am) but when they did that clusterf at the end of the game scoring a TD, I was like why in god's name would you do that?  You were in perfect position to bleed out the clock, kick the field goal and walk away with the win.  I told the Mrs.....watch, they'll go down and score a TD.....and there was overtime.

Jake Elliott is so, so reliable. I haven´t felt so confident in a kicker since David Akers.

Also: we´ve been bang average at times, but we are unbeaten, and might be the only unbeaten team after this week. Be cool, Honeybunny

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wasn’t criticising hurts bud I was saying he didn’t look happy.

Trying to appease some people on offense may be taking them out of their offense…causing others on offense not to pay attention or be totally committed every play every down…and the QB is probably growing more tired of it now…especially that intentional grounding.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it’s more  than it’s been 4 ugly games really…

I agree, none of the games have been pretty. But still, finding ways to win games > finding ways to lose games. I’ll take 4 ugly wins and a 4-0 record every single day over a 2-2 record with 2 dominating wins.

3 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

I was just explaining this to my wife....its a division game so no matter who the opponent it, its not at all a guaranteed win.....

11 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Hurts (or Sirianni, whoever) was dumb for throwing TD pass to AJ Brown, giving Washington another chance at it, instead of throwing it to Swift for first down and run clock out for a game-winning FG. I wasn't happy about AJ Brown TD when I first saw for that reason. Someone needs to ask Hurts and Sirianni about it

I guess they thought the defense would seal it.

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

I wasn't on here during the game (rarely am) but when they did that clusterf at the end of the game scoring a TD, I was like why in god's name would you do that?  You were in perfect position to bleed out the clock, kick the field goal and walk away with the win.  I told the Mrs.....watch, they'll go down and score a TD.....and there was overtime.

Siri has  alot to answer for.

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I was just explaining this to my wife....its a division game so no matter who the opponent is, its not at all a guaranteed win.....

3 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

exactly but I think that this whole philosophy is not going to go anywhere and we will continue to see it. I despise it with everything I have but it is what it is......

Was telling my son this today. Gotta have a balance just like run/pass on O. This was Howell! 

PS....everyone one of the defensive penalties against the Eagles was as close to bullsh!t as I've ever seen.  The refs were giving Washington 1st downs like candy on Halloween!

6 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

Probablty because they haven't paid attention for the last 5 or 6 decades.

8 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Brown literally set the ball on the ground, he didn’t even do anything.  Those DBs taunted him all game and didn’t get anything called on them.  

Exactly…if the Commanders didn’t push Hurts into that ref and Hurts didn’t try to help her, we might not have got ANY damn calls our way

6 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Jake Elliott is so, so reliable. I haven´t felt so confident in a kicker since David Akers.

Also: we´ve been bang average at times, but we are unbeaten, and might be the only unbeaten team after this week. Be cool, Honeybunny

Absolutely 

Career #’s

Akers 40-49 about 66%
jake 40-49 83%

Akers 50+ about 52%
jake 50+ 66%

that’s a smaller sample, but the difference is Huuuuuuge

Didn´t mention before, but I do think that Sam Howell is better than advertised

Just now, NYEagle said:

PS....everyone one of the defensive penalties against the Eagles was as close to bullsh!t as I've ever seen.  The refs were giving Washington 1st downs like candy on Halloween!

It was beyond obvious they wanted Washington to win, they didn't even try to hide it. After that first holding call (which they didn't even replay because they knew it was bs also) I said to myself yeah, they want the commanders to win.....let me mentally prepare for this now.....

4 minutes ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

Trying to appease some people on offense may be taking them out of their offense…causing others on offense not to pay attention or be totally committed every play every down…and the QB is probably growing more tired of it now…especially that intentional grounding.

It just looks sloppy and looks like things aren’t quite there. I don’t know why but it just isn’t flowing. And I think at the end Hurts was annoyed because we were celebrating a win against a bad bad team. He knows right now this isn’t good enough.

3 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

I agree, none of the games have been pretty. But still, finding ways to win games > finding ways to lose games. I’ll take 4 ugly wins and a 4-0 record every single day over a 2-2 record with 2 dominating wins.

Yeah finding ways to win but I’m just not sure this team has that much more to give. And that gauntlet run is going to be rough.

Archived