GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-1-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

the officiating was piss poor

how the F do they not see the skins d line offside on every one of our sneaks, but flag us for all those tickytack calls throughout the game?

Just now, MrFadedGlory said:

Absolutely 

Akers 40-49 about 66%
jake 40-49 83%

Akers 50+ about 52%
jake 50+ 66%

Holy s***. I was just thinking it’s nice to have a kicker as good as Akers again but he’s significantly better it turns out!

Just now, kiwinavega said:

Didn´t mention before, but I do think that Sam Howell is better than advertised

He’s better than advertised but they were gushing over him in the booth.

In Italy so couldn’t watch it but it looks like Jalen Smith didn’t play.  Just wait until he gets playing time later in the season and offenses will not be scoring touchdowns. 

8 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

A nice comeback win by our Birds. But some cluster eff Coaching decisions. UGH.

Both new Coordinators have a loooong way to go. 

I will say, they ARE playing against seasoned coaches who have been or could be head coaches. Not making excuse for questionable playcalling though.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He’s better than advertised but they were gushing over him in the booth.

Narrative, young padawan. Narrative sells in this age of content and its demands.

7 minutes ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

Trying to appease some people on offense may be taking them out of their offense…causing others on offense not to pay attention or be totally committed every play every down…and the QB is probably growing more tired of it now…especially that intentional grounding.

Well.. There's a way we can fix that.. There's still plenty of time before the trade deadline. 

Narrative, young padawan. Narrative sells in this age of content and its demands.

Very true very true but it was a little much at times.

4 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Didn´t mention before, but I do think that Sam Howell is better than advertised

I thought before this game came on their QB was Heinecke or however you spell it....

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

Cam Jurgens out for awhile if not the season.  Not good at all

Where the heck did you get that?

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

Cam Jurgens out for awhile if not the season.  Not good at all

What a surprise. Its someone every week

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

I thought before this game came on their QB was Heinecke or however you spell it....

A friend of mine is a Falcons fan, Heinecke is there as backup right now, but likely to be starting soon

A friend of mine is a Falcons fan, Heinecke is there as backup right now, but likely to be starting soon

oh wow....wasn't aware at all they had traded him....goes to show how much attention I pay to that team...

7 minutes ago, Swimm said:

Well.. There's a way we can fix that.. There's still plenty of time before the trade deadline. 

They’ll get it fixed/manageable. Trade? Not happening.

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Where the heck did you get that?

He’s in a boot

23 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

Why are some of you acting like nfc east games aren’t normally closely contested battles? Washington might not be an amazing team, but it’s rare for division wins to come easily. 

If it’s legitimately closely contested that’s fine.  If it’s closely contested because of officiating then it is unacceptable 

33 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Brown literally set the ball on the ground, he didn’t even do anything.  Those DBs taunted him all game and didn’t get anything called on them.  

When you lay the football at the feet of the defender, that’s taunting. Taunting is a penalty. Sure, he was jabbed at all game. But he’s an all-pro. Didn’t need to do that. 

1 minute ago, Eldereagle1 said:

When you lay the football at the feet of the defender, that’s taunting. Taunting is a penalty. Sure, he was jabbed at all game. But he’s an all-pro. Didn’t need to do that. 

He didn’t run over and lay it at his feet.  He was tackled in the end zone and was already at his feet.  Did he HAVE to do it?  Of course not, but that’s a horrible call.  Meanwhile that guy was shoving and chipping Brown out of bounds all game.  

Frustrating game but a win is a win.

Hurts passing on the day: 25/37 319 Yds 2 TDs 0 INTs Passer Rating 112.33

Well we lost this game last season. The talent on offense won the game, but the play calling and defence tried their best to lose it 

oh and the refs, F the refs 

Archived