GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-1-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Not to fault either qb, but the Giants haven't had an OL since Eli was winning rings and the Bears have just been an inept organization. 

The Bengals have also had a pretty terrible offensive line as well and they have been fairly successful lately. Not all of this is just the line. Howell the week prior playing the Eagles was sacked 9 times, but the Eagles only got him 5 and that was three from Morrow. The biggest issue for me isn’t that Jones and Fields are both in struggling organizations. It’s how Hurts was getting dissed by media talking idiots for those guys. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Media clowns like the Simms dope. 

Ah. I thought you meant Eagles fans.

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ah. I thought you meant Eagles fans.

Nah just talking about those media dopes, but there are some around here who have been lurking in the shadows waiting for their chance to trash Jalen, and barely give him any credit when he does well again. 

I would rather have an UGLY win than a PRETTY LOSS.

GO EAGLES!

On 10/2/2023 at 9:10 PM, brkmsn said:

Anytime you have an opportunity to score, you take it in a tied game. Anything can happen on those other fictional plays that never happened. Not only can the kick miss or be blocked, penalties can change field position quickly and turnovers are still just as much a possibility on each offensive play designed to move the clock. 

Things are a little different if you already have a lead, but at that point in the game with the score tied, you need to worry about points before you worry about the clock. 

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You don’t give up a touchdown when you can get one in a tie game. What you’re talking about is something you do if you’re winning the game and the Eagles weren’t winning. 

Britain Covey ended up in concussion protocol because of this stupid TD pass. I had a feeling it was a bad idea from start.

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Football is a game of variables. Sometimes it feels like Elliott is better at kicking 50 plus long field goals than extra points. That chip shot field goal might miss or get blocked. Then what happens if that block gets picked up and ran in for the other team to score? People are then whining "why didn’t the Eagles try and score a touchdown?” Earlier in the game the Eagles decided on theirs and long to go conservative. Gainwell fumbled and they almost lost a chance to get any points. The fans went ballistic saying "why go conservative!?!” Then the get aggressive at the end of the game and they scream "why be aggressive!?!” Seems to me there is no right answer here. People want to be mad over wins. 

Yes, it is a game of variables also with risk assessment and time management.  What is more likely:  A blocked/missed chip shot field goal or a forced deep ball possibly getting picked off?  The right answer there is clear, especially considering the situation with a very talented RB in Swift, a beast OL, and a kicker that's been money all season versus Hurts and AJ Brown who up to that point had some timing/communication issues.  

Who's mad exactly?  I was just having a discussion lol

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yes, it is a game of variables also with risk assessment and time management.  What is more likely:  A blocked/missed chip shot field goal or a forced deep ball possibly getting picked off?  The right answer there is clear, especially considering the situation with a very talented RB in Swift, a beast OL, and a kicker that's been money all season versus Hurts and AJ Brown who up to that point had some timing/communication issues.  

Who's mad exactly?  I was just having a discussion lol

I think Hurts and Brown are the better option than Swift and our OLine at that moment. Brown was killing the Commanders all game, while Swift wasn’t. Seven points is always better than three. They won the game. 

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Britain Covey ended up in concussion protocol because of this stupid TD pass. I had a feeling it was a bad idea from start.

Players get hurt all the time in different ways. Seems like an odd flex here. What’s the bigger issue? Covey getting hurt or this play, Howie not having enough receivers to make sure Covey isn’t running routes, or Howie assuming that Watkins would be a viable option with a bad hamstring? 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think Hurts and Brown are the better option than Swift and our OLine at that moment. Brown was killing the Commanders all game, while Swift wasn’t. Seven points is always better than three. They won the game. 

Yeah, I mean it was the first game so far this season they started getting in sync with each other, Swift was getting 4 yards a carry and was only given 14 carries, so yeah he wasn't gashing them bad but he was certainly doing well enough to be trusted with a few runs that last drive.  We can obviously agree to disagree on that. 

7 points is better than 3, but 7 - 7 is not better than 3 + 0.  But yes, they miraculously won and didn't get burned by it this time. 

On 10/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yeah, I mean it was the first game so far this season they started getting in sync with each other, Swift was getting 4 yards a carry and was only given 14 carries, so yeah he wasn't gashing them bad but he was certainly doing well enough to be trusted with a few runs that last drive.  We can obviously agree to disagree on that. 

7 points is better than 3, but 7 - 7 is not better than 3 + 0.  But yes, they miraculously won and didn't get burned by it this time. 

They won because they were the better team and not because of a miracle. Heck they also had to overcome some questionable penalties also. Heck even on the OT drive they were knocked out of field goal range from that intentional grounding call where Brown just stopped running only to come right back with a strike to put them in field goal range. That’s not a miracle. That’s called being good. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They won because they were the better team and not because of a miracle. Heck they also had to overcome some questionable penalties also. Heck even on the OT drive they were knocked out of field goal range from that intentional grounding call where Brown just stopped running only to come right back with a strike to put them in field goal range. That’s not a miracle. That’s called being good. 

They were definitely the better team, and take away the questionable calls it isn't that close and it's a moot point anyway.  But that still doesn't change that kicking a walk off field goal to win is a better strategy than scoring a TD and giving the other team 2 minutes to tie it up and go to OT. 

13 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

They were definitely the better team, and take away the questionable calls it isn't that close and it's a moot point anyway.  But that still doesn't change that kicking a walk off field goal to win is a better strategy than scoring a TD and giving the other team 2 minutes to tie it up and go to OT. 

Unless they miss that field goal or worse it’s blocked, picked up and returned for a score. No scenario is guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Unless they miss that field goal or worse it’s blocked, picked up and returned for a score. No scenario is guaranteed. 

That's true, but that scenario has a higher probability of success. 

Archived