GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-1-23, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

The issue is part the QB and part the OC.  As a result, we look out of sync at times.  It’s not the receivers.  To a man, they are all very good.  Just need to get them the ball.

4 minutes ago, Miami said:

The issue is part the QB and part the OC.  As a result, we look out of sync at times.  It’s not the receivers.  To a man, they are all very good.  Just need to get them the ball.

Definitely been some miscommunication with the WRs and Hurts the last two weeks. So another disastrous one today with Hurts and Brown in OT

Just now, LacesOut said:

Do the Eagles have any TE's??

I think Kelce has been doing some extra squats to tighten his up. :whistle:

This is what Rivera Boat said about not going for 2.

"After the game, Rivera was asked if he considered going for the two-point conversion. "gassed,” per JP Finlay of NBC 4 Washington. Ron Rivera says he considered going for 2 at the end of regulation but the guys "were gassed.” Considering was a 65 yard TD drive in 80 seconds I believe it."

We are complaining about an undefeated team meanwhile the Bungles can’t win and the Chiefs are tied with the stinking Jets. 

2 hours ago, Miami said:

Jesus no turnovers, threw for over 300 yards and 2passing tds, only punted 3 times all game, and scored in every quarter of the game. Why is anyone trashing the coaches or the quarterback right now? 

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Well we lost this game last season

I refuse to acknowledge that. We went undefeated last season!

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jesus no turnovers, threw for over 300 yards and 2passing tds, only punted 3 times all game, and scored in every quarter of the game. Why is anyone trashing the coaches or the quarterback right now? 

Offense played well today. Only blunders were down in the redzone. Play calls could be better and less penalties would help. Much of it was self inflicted shooting themselves in the foot type stuff. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Because we have yet to play a complete game. We just want some assurance we are good enuf to match up with the 49ers, Bills, etc. That were not this years Vikings who win lots of close games but just werent very good.

3 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Because we have yet to play a complete game. We just want some assurance we are good enuf to match up with the 49ers, Bills, etc. That were not this years Vikings who win lots of close games but just werent very good.

Id prefer that they play that complete game vs the niners

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Whew!

I’m sure he did, he can use it as a teachable moment for 11…in more ways than 1

7 hours ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I will add that Goedert, Smith, and AJ Brown, should start looking in the mirror and figure what they can do to fix the issues in the Red Zone.

Yeah Goedert had one yesterday where he just didn’t seem to turn around in the red zone. They do need to get him involved more though.

5 hours ago, opa-opa said:

They are good enough to match up with those teams. The offense wasn’t really the problem in this one. The defense was more of the issue. Heck the Bills lost to the Jets who don’t even have a quarterback. Oh and have you seen the teams the 49ers have beaten so far also? They all stink too. Watch the Cowboys beat the 49ers and everyone goes back to calling them "the best team in football” again and more be scared of the Cowboys threads come up. Let’s see who is where in January. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

They are good enough to match up with those teams. The offense wasn’t really the problem in this one. The defense was more of the issue. Heck the Bills lost to the Jets who don’t even have a quarterback. 

Thank you. I  don't want  to hear crap about Brian Johnson, Jalen or the Offense.  They put the team on their backs in this game.  I thought the Defense turned the corner last game but I can't give them a pass for this game.  Yes they got pressure and some sacks but they made Sam Howell look too good.  This game was on the Defense. I understand injuries may be the cause but the  Offense put up 3rd Straight 400 + Plus yard performance.  A WR going over 130 in 3 straight games? That has to be an Eagles record.  The running game was more spread out this game but the Eagles rushed over 100 total yards 3rd straight game.  Last I checked, that's offensive production. People are too obsessed with "Style Points".  They are getting production.  It seems Brian can't win with some people.  First it's we are running to much. Now the passing game explodes and it's we aren't running enough.  

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Thank you. I  don't want  to hear crap about Brian Johnson, Jalen or the Offense.  They put the team on their backs in this game.  It thought the Defense turned the corner last game but I can't give them a pass for this game.  Yes they got pressure and some sacks but they made Sam Howell look too good.  This game was on the Defense. I understand injuries may be the cause but the  Offense put up 3rd Straight 400 + Plus yard performance.  A WR going over 130 in 3 straight games? That has to be an Eagles record.  The running game was more spread out this game but the Eagles rushed over 100 total yards 3rd straight game.  Last I checked, that's offensive production. People are too obsessed with "Style Points".  They are getting production.  It seems Brian can't win with some people.  First it's we are running to much. Now the passing game explodes and it's we aren't running enough.  

The Eagles aren’t playing their best and they’re still finding ways to win. The Dolphins were the darlings of football last week when they embarrassed the Broncos only to be humiliated the following week against the Bills. Now we a scared of the Bills again. 😂 There are only two undefeated teams left in football and the Eagles are one of them yet you would think they’re one of those NFL teams that are winless right now. People need to get a grip. 

The commentators put up some stat where the Eagles were 0-5 in games that Jalen started in when he was losing at half time implying that Jalen can’t win from behind. Meanwhile let’s just look at what happened these last two games. Against Tampa and that defense they went on a 9 minute game over drive when everyone just knew they were going to "blow it.” And in this game They came back, scored a big TD at the end, only for the defense to just give it right back to force OT. Did they panic? Nope came right back, and even when they were in FG range in OT they got a bogus intentional grounding call that pushed them out of range. They came right back and Jalen hit a big strike to put them back in range for the win. These are two examples of what winning quarterbacks do. What winning teams do. This was the last team to beat the Eagles with Hurts at quarterback in a regular season game. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles aren’t playing their best and they’re still finding ways to win. The Dolphins were the darlings of football last week when they embarrassed the Broncos only to be humiliated the following week against the Bills. Now we a scared of the Bills again. 😂 There are only two undefeated teams left in football and the Eagles are one of them yet you would think they’re one of those NFL teams that are winless right now. People need to get a grip. 

This team is winning in every which way possible (Close games, Blowouts, Comeback Wins, OT etc)  I am not scared of anyone on our schedule.  Every team has shown weaknesses including Miami, Bills, Chiefs. Boys etc.   49ers are winning but Daniel Jones and Dobbs gave them some issues. I knew Miami was going to lose, that 70 points was like blowing a load.  Plus Tua has issues outside of Miami and in the cold weather.  It should be a little chilly in Philly when Miami comes to play.  I don't think people understand how difficult it is to be 4-0 in back to back seasons especially after Losing the Super Bowl. 

Do we have a brutal schedule coming up from week 7-14? Sure. But we are still 2 games away from that stretch starting with Miami.  As long as the Eagles are 6-0 going into Miami.  We will be way ahead of schedule to me.  Nobody was expecting us to be 4-0 after losing the Super Bowl yet here we are.   Again they need to take care of business against the Rams and Jets.  Rams still have a Veteran QB.  We are Undefeated All Time Against the Jets so we have to be careful about that being a trap game, they still have a good Defense.    Then it's Miami, Washington and Dallas before the Bye.   If the Eagles go 9-0 before the Chiefs. That would be amazing.  The Eagles are one win away from breaking another record (The Eagles have never started 5-0 in back to back seasons).   

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

This team is winning in every which way possible (Close games, Blowouts, Comeback Wins, OT etc)  I am not scared of anyone on our schedule.  Every team has shown weaknesses including Miami, Bills, Chiefs. Boys etc.   49ers are winning but Daniel Jones and Dobbs gave them some issues. I knew Miami was going to lose, that 70 points was like blowing a load.  Plus Tua has issues outside of Miami and in the cold weather.  It should be a little chilly in Philly when Miami comes to play.  I don't think people understand how difficult it is to be 4-0 in back to back seasons especially after Losing the Super Bowl. 

Do we have a brutal schedule coming up from week 7-14? Sure. But we are still 2 games away from that stretch starting with Miami.  As long as the Eagles are 6-0 going into Miami.  We will be way ahead of schedule to me.  Nobody was expecting us to be 4-0 after losing the Super Bowl yet here we are.   Again they need to take care of business against the Rams and Jets.  Rams still have a Veteran QB.  We are Undefeated All Time Against the Jets so we have to be careful about that being a trap game, they still have a good Defense.    Then it's Miami, Washington and Dallas before the Bye.   If the Eagles go 9-0 before the Chiefs. That would be amazing.  The Eagles are one win away from breaking another record (The Eagles have never started 5-0 in back to back seasons).   

And how about those Chiefs? Are they really looking unbeatable right now? They went from completely dominating the Jets to eking out a close one. Who have the 49ers really played up to this point either? Who really looks unbeatable or that scary when every week teams fall right back to earth. People are crying about an undefeated football team right now. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Because thats what people with absolutely no football IQ do....and those that want to find a reason to trash Hurts....they are still out there, even after taking us all the way to the superbowl last year.....those lingering morons who just really want to see him fail....forget the team being undefeated right now, lets put the blame on the QB......

The Philadelphia Eagles are the first Team in 25 years to lose the Super Bowl and start 4-0 the following season (1998 Greenbay Packers).  Obviously the record is the Perfect Season Dolphins who lost the previous Super Bowl.  But it just puts into context that this 4-0 isn't a normal 4-0.  It's a very difficult to accomplish this after losing the Super Bowl.  It hasn't been perfect but I'm very proud they are at this point.  

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the coaches certainly deserve some criticism.  They (and the refs) made that game way closer than it needed to be. 

Archived