The Brotherly Shove, Eagles QB sneak

NOTW

It's getting ridiculous. I saw an ig clip of low life @z$ Chris Simms suggesting players should take cheap shots to stop it

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

It's getting ridiculous. I saw an ig clip of low life @z$ Chris Simms suggesting players should take cheap shots to stop it

Yup

It´s laughable, really. Would you ban a quick out because a team was really good at picking up two yards with it? If there´s a play that I wouldn´t mind seeing banned, it´s teams kneeling on the ball to kill the clock

• Like 3

As Watt says… Shove or no shove you aren’t stopping it. The OL and Hurts are too powerful for that. So sure ban the push but you won’t stop the sneak with a QB who can squat 600lbs behind that OL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

It´s laughable, really. Would you ban a quick out because a team was really good at picking up two yards with it? If there´s a play that I wouldn´t mind seeing banned, it´s teams kneeling on the ball to kill the clock

I hate the QB spiking the ball into the ground to kill the clock.  Legalized intentional grounding that looks as lame as it is.

• Like 3

A play invented and made famous by the team.  Well done!  Remarkably, no defense has found a way to stop it, over 90% success rate.  Its success is because of the OL and Hurts' leg power pushing forward.  The push behind Hurts is secondary, IMHO.  

Almost all teams run something similar, though not as successful as the Eagles.  No call to ban them then.  Call it a rugby play is just an excuse.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

I hate the QB spiking the ball into the ground to kill the clock.  Legalized intentional grounding that looks as lame as it is.

I don´t have a problem with that so much as a team is trying to make plays. With the kneel, it´s depriving us of plays

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

I don´t have a problem with that so much as a team is trying to make plays. With the kneel, it´s depriving us of plays

In a tie game I agree but I think if a team has a lead (esp by multiple scores) at the end of a game they've earned the right to kneel.

I think it'd be fair to say an offense in that scenario must gain at least 2 yards to keep the clock running 

I am so tired of hearing about this play honestly. It’s a legal play and idk how you ban it. Every team can do it if they want. There are more important things to worry about 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:47 AM, Mortimer said:

Or throwing it away out of bounds is ok but not intentional grounding.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:45 AM, kiwinavega said:

Chiefs can spin around in the huddle, Mahomes can throw sidearm & shovel pass and tricks, should they ban those?

They hate it because it's Philly and they can't stop it.

• Like 2

It isn't just the controversy that's dumb.  It's having this hyped up at all.  It's just a QB sneak.

They don't like it, because they can't stop it.

• Like 3

If the stupid NFL bans any play, it should ban the QB kneel down at the end of the game. Is THAT a football play?? 

The Tush Push is just a glorified QB sneak. Leave it alone, NFL. 

• Like 2

I saw several college teams doing it yesterday. Penn State and NW at least. 

"The Brotherly Shove" (as the new name) is picking up national attention - heard it on a few national pre game shows today. 

So now they call BS penalties as a way to dissuade them from running it. That offsides was BS. Especially since Washington DLine was lining up in the neutral zone whenever they ran it. 

Funny how New England just tried to run the same play and got stopped well short.  The eagles just make it look unstoppable. 

• Like 3

The penalty was total bs. One of the commies had their hand over the football before the snap but Landon gets called for offsides? BS!

AND we STILL converted 2 of the other Brotherly Shoves and one of them Hurts improvised for an outside run. 

AND that schmuck Ron Rivera didn’t have a problem running it with his TE. 

• Like 2

The chargers just tried the brotherly shove and failed from their own 35. It’s only "unstoppable” when the eagles do it. 

• Haha 2