The Brotherly Shove, Eagles QB sneak

NOTW

National pundits are swinging toward favoring the play now that they’ve understood that other teams can’t copy the success of the Eagles. Just a couple holdouts left in the regular bunch. 

• Like 1

Eisen is probably the most verbal of the national pundits left who are against the play and in this vid he is clearly starting to be worn down.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Paraphrasing:

"Why don't the other teams just go out and get a [Landon Dickerson and Jason Kelce] and practice the play like the Eagles?"

:roll:

• Like 1

I don't mind not saving it for playoffs. The entire league has made it their mission to learn to stop it.

Now they'll think twice about strategy. 

Did Jalen Hurts fumble on purpose so that the rest of the NFL would stop crying about the Brotherly Shove?

Notice after that fumble most sports journalists stopped their campaign of having it banned. 

Which imagine being so good at an activity at your job that the rest of the companies demand the practice banned because they can't stop you.

I would like to see some more variations of that play like they ran against washington.......

7 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I would like to see some more variations of that play like they ran against washington.......

I think they have them, I mean I am by no means an offensive coordinator but I mentioned previously....if you have AJ on one side in the backfield, Smith on the other, on the snap have Hurts drop back from the pile, send them both streaking downfield on each side of the pile, my guess is one or both would be wide open.

• Like 2

Just now, NYEagle said:

I think they have them, I mean I am by no means an offensive coordinator but I mentioned previously....if you have AJ on one side in the backfield, Smith on the other, on the snap have Hurts drop back from the pile, send them both streaking downfield on each side of the pile, my guess is one or both would be wide open.

You're probably right.......and maybe they'll bring them out in the playoffs.......it'll be fun to watch

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

You're probably right.......and maybe they'll bring them out in the playoffs.......it'll be fun to watch

Last year they had a toss to a RB play for a 1st down off of it, and I believe another play where they threw a quick pass.  This wasn't the first time.  But, when a play is 93% successful despite everyone knowing it's coming, why not keep running it.

Some said don't show it until later, but I think doing that in the Washington game achieves a couple things.  One, it puts in the minds of the defense that if they try too hard to go all in on stopping the play (which they can't anyway), they may pay for it while they fake it.  Two, it helps with the bias and hatred for the play and wanting it banned.  It says to the league, see we can do more than just the shove.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Last year they had a toss to a RB play for a 1st down off of it, and I believe another play where they threw a quick pass.  This wasn't the first time.  But, when a play is 93% successful despite everyone knowing it's coming, why not keep running it.

Some said don't show it until later, but I think doing that in the Washington game achieves a couple things.  One, it puts in the minds of the defense that if they try too hard to go all in on stopping the play (which they can't anyway), they may pay for it while they fake it.  Two, it helps with the bias and hatred for the play and wanting it banned.  It says to the league, see we can do more than just the shove.

Yup. The game @ the Giants. They ran the sneak successfully, but the Giants called a timeout. Coming out, they set up for it again, and instead, the ran a variation of that old Flip 90 play that Reid used to run way back in the day. Miles Sanders easily picked it up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup. The game @ the Giants. They ran the sneak successfully, but the Giants called a timeout. Coming out, they set up for it again, and instead, the ran a variation of that old Flip 90 play that Reid used to run way back in the day. Miles Sanders easily picked it up. 

And soon Miles Sanders will also be easily picked up...he's been demoted. :lol:

• Haha 2

Bills just ran a tush push with ease.

Media won't even talk about it.

Raiders just lined up for it but faked it & tossed to RB for a first.

2 plays later a regular running play, several guys were pushing the RB to get him further.

I guarantee no one will complain & call to ban pushing the RB.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Raiders just lined up for it but faked it & tossed to RB for a first.

2 plays later a regular running play, several guys were pushing the RB to get him further.

I guarantee no one will complain & call to ban pushing the RB.

At least one of those guys on the Jacobs run was holding him up and pulling which actually is against the rules. 

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

At least one of those guys on the Jacobs run was holding him up and pulling which actually is against the rules. 

You won't see any mention of that in the media.

• Like 1