GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs, 11-20-23, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, NOTW said:

So...you can't accept Eagles did anything good, can't accept I'm critical of Hurts & others, only want to be negative even after a WIN like being miserable is a badge of honor. Enjoy.

Never said they didn’t do anything good you moron.  And I’ve never heard you be critical of Hurts. And if you can’t acknowledge the Kelce drop and the MVD drop, maybe you need to get Hurts nuts out of your eye sockets long enough to watch the game. 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

After seeing that we were going to win and that initial moment of happiness, my next thought was one of 'anger'... we should be 10-0 right now!

The gawd damn jets 😂 image.jpeg.ca190f52ebd152d900c60ef256834240.jpeg

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

It's hard to believe a good team like the Chiefs is capable of making mistakes! How dare we take advantage of their mistakes, overcome our own mistakes and win a game on the road where we weren't favored to win! The horror!!!11!

Gotta love fourtywhiners fans, saw one talk about how the Eagles got so lucky because Kelce fumbled at the 10 yard line.  No, dope, that's not luck, that's the defender making a great play and punching the ball out, learn ball.

We have to accept that for 10 games we've said they're ugly, not yet playing their best, need to clean things up...

...this is who they are. 

They make some mistakes, so does every team but you guys "fear" these other teams.

They bounce back, don't let their confidence get shaken, make ADJUSTMENTS which we've begged for years to see, play better defense in 2nd half, manage to make big plays in pressure moments. And they find ways to win.

That's who they are. Never will be perfect. There will always be frustrations, missed opportunities, mistakes (like literally every team).

This is your team (Hoosiers reference).

They're 9-1. 

They're the best team in the NFL despite the issues. 

"This will catch up to them against playoff teams!" Well, they beat those playoff teams so far.

1 minute ago, DBW said:

bUt iT wAs UgLy 😂 

Every single Eagles game this season has been so exciting, stressful and enjoyable.   Eagles make teams earn every yard, every play and then just when that team believes they have us, the Birds strike back and take them down while closing it out in the 2nd half.

Eagles Defense:

Miami: 0 Points 2nd Half

Cowboys: 6 Points 2nd Half

Chiefs: 0 Points 2nd Half

Washington was the only real average performance by them in a month. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

We have to accept that for 10 games we've said they're ugly, not yet playing their best, need to clean things up...

...this is who they are. 

They make some mistakes, so does every team but you guys "fear" these other teams.

They bounce back, don't let their confidence get shaken, make ADJUSTMENTS which we've begged for years to see, play better defense in 2nd half, manage to make big plays in pressure moments. And they find ways to win.

That's who they are. Never will be perfect. There will always be frustrations, missed opportunities, mistakes (like literally every team).

This is your team (Hoosiers reference).

They're 9-1. 

They're the best team in the NFL despite the issues. 

"This will catch up to them against playoff teams!" Well, they beat those playoff teams so far.

It’s foolish to expect perfection at any level of sports. I tell my daughter all the time that golf especially is a game of IMPERFECTIONS, you’ll never be perfect.  I think that mentality is important in all aspects of life.  And it’s another reason I love this Eagles team.  Just find a way.  Nike built a brand on Just Do It -  Not "do it perfectly” 

3 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Never said they didn’t do anything good you moron.  And I’ve never heard you be critical of Hurts. And if you can’t acknowledge the Kelce drop and the MVD drop, maybe you need to get Hurts nuts out of your eye sockets long enough to watch the game. 

Hurts makes dumb decisions sometimes. I call him out in the GDT when he does it. Yeah, the Chiefs had drops, penalties, mistakes...like every team. 

You still won't be happy about a win, acknowledge any good Eagles plays but harp on Chiefs lost it themselves, focus on every Eagles negative and attack me for some dumb reason. The O line was trash in the 1st half. The D was swiss cheese.

Then they weren't. They improved. And won.

4 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Every single Eagles game this season has been so exciting, stressful and enjoyable.   Eagles make teams earn every yard, every play and then just when that team believes they have us, the Birds strike back and take them down while closing it out in the 2nd half.

Eagles Defense:

That’s amazing!  

3 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Who freakin' cares about the Chiefs' mistakes? Do you think they cared that Goedert was out? Do you think they cared that the Eagles' D-line wasn't getting the holding calls most of the night? Not everything went our way. 

Desai has somehow been making this D win games despite having 2 30yr old corners, a bunch of UDFAs, and no-name Linebackers. Granted we probably have the best D line in the league but still.

My fear now is that we won't be able to keep him for next season if he keeps this up.

Funny all this talk about how the Eagles can’t win playing like this, but meanwhile the Chiefs are one of the league leaders in drops. All those teams you’re scared of all have some issue like that too.

1 hour ago, DBW said:

We’ve been saying that all season.  A win is a win though. When we gonna start listen to the franchise qb?  The main thing is the main thing 

i get that but we can't count on all opponents leaving 14-21 points on the field every week. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Who freakin' cares about the Chiefs' mistakes? Do you think they cared that Goedert was out? Do you think they cared that the Eagles' D-line wasn't getting the holding calls most of the night? Not everything went our way. 

Also to be clear the Eagles played a pretty clean game against them in February.  Would you rather dominate the stat sheet or the win column?  My gawd our fans are dumb sometimes 

IMG_1520.jpeg

3 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Desai has somehow been making this D win games despite having 2 30yr old corners, a bunch of UDFAs, and no-name Linebackers. Granted we probably have the best D line in the league but still.

My fear now is that we won't be able to keep him for next season if he keeps this up.

Bro stop being afraid of everything. 😂

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

i get that but we can't count on all opponents leaving 14-21 points on the field every week. 

How many did we leave?  2 turnovers and we go 3 and out off them.  It goes both ways. 

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

That hasn’t always been the case, but the Eagles have made pivotal plays in all these games that led to victories. I don’t care how they did it. Going into Arrowhead and beating Mahomes and AR after a bye is a big win.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

They won.

Eagles had mistakes too that could've been...

What DID happen is the Eagles adjusted, persevered, held them to 0 points the entire 2nd half and won the game.

Be that as it may, the Eagles have a lot of room for improvement. An ugly win is still a win but it's unwise to forget it was ugly.

31 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

They'll be ready for the close Games for sure but at some point the poor play (or play calls) will bite us. I think they can play much better and how that comes in the playoffs. 

It did against NYJ

10 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Eagles Defense:

Good stats - is it because we have youth and depth on the DL led by pro bowl veterans with high character?  Maybe it’s coaching adjustments at the half like Andy used to be so good at?  

i don’t know but I sure am happy. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

That hasn’t always been the case, but the Eagles have made pivotal plays in all these games that led to victories. I don’t care how they did it. Going into Arrowhead and beating Mahomes and AR after a bye is a big win.

and you know there’s a bye before the SB….

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Be that as it may, the Eagles have a lot of room for improvement. An ugly win is still a win but it's unwise to forget it was ugly.

It's always ugly.  This is who they are.

So just forget expecting closer to perfection & just enjoy that they win. Literally every team in the league has issues their fans complain about. 

We're 9-1 

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

How many did we leave?  2 turnovers and we go 3 and out off them.  It goes both ways. 

Again, i get it. I'm just saying that this Eagles team has a lot of room for improvement. I'm happy for the win and the ebbs and flows that caused it. I just want this team to improve.

33 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Of course, but some of those play calls were horrible. How did you like the the consecutive WR screens and then the QB draw on 3rd and 7. Horrible sequence. And what is Gainwell doing in there on a RB screen. Swift is way better in every way. 

No doubt, but it's easy to say a play was horrible after the fact, if Smitty or Julio break out for a huge gain, we wouldn't be complaining. Like that QB draw Hurts scored on, we tried that play a few times before with not much success,  but it ended up working. But I 100% agree about the RB screen... how the f do you not get open as a RB. I haven't watched the replay yet, but it seemed like he blocked himself with our oline and didn't make himself available for Hurts lol. 

Archived