GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs, 11-20-23, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Carter and multiple Eagles just got bearhugged by the Chiefs all game. The Chiefs got away with holding almost every play yet they cried all game politicking for calls. 

This is a recurring thing every week.  Seems the refs are just letting opposing teams hold the Eagles dline all game.  Primary reason why the sack numbers are down from last season.

The Eagles snap The Chiefs 14 Straight November Winning Streak with Win.  It's their first win Kansas City since 2005

Andy Reid is now 27-5 after the Bye

The Chiefs still lead the All Time Series 6-5

Nick Sirianni gets his first win against Chiefs which he use to coach for

Jalen Hurts has won 13 Straight Regular Season Games against winning opponents

Jalen Hurts has also won 8 Straight games when trailing by 10 points or more.  

The Eagles are 9-1 for the 2nd Straight Season.   All Previous 9-1 Eagles teams made the Super Bowl or NFL Championship (1949, 1960,1980, 2004, 2017, 2022)

The Eagles have  had the Best Record (Outright or tied) in the NFL Regular Season for 28 Consecutive Weeks

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Carter and multiple Eagles just got bearhugged by the Chiefs all game. The Chiefs got away with holding almost every play yet they cried all game politicking for calls. 

Might be in part because I got up at 5am to watch the game (you're welcome) but that was one of the strngest games I have ever seen. Felt like the Chiefs should have been out of sight. Officials missed a lot of holds by the KC line, but I thought the intentional grounding on Mahomes at the end, he may have marginally been down at the point he made the throw. Offense looked way off, KC front four looked terrific. Eagles D came to play second half, that was an astonishing performance. To add to the weirdness, I thought our punter was maybe ur best player tonight.

I wouldn't look at that and guess it was the two best teams in football, a lot of sloppiness. Grateful for the win, and on we go.

3 hours ago, Eldereagle1 said:

Eagles get an ugly win, but the Kelce fumble and two key KC drops certainly helped us. Give the Eagles credit; they’ve been winning ugly all year, but they’ve been winning.

That Kelce fumble was a fantastic play by Roby!!!

1 hour ago, Eagleblood52 said:

"i dont care…2&22 and you call a qb draw with the talent we have…you’re gonna get our qb hurt…"

Man, I honestly lost my shiite on that call!!! My wife got so angry because I was cussing up a storm.

14 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

That Kelce fumble was a fantastic play by Roby!!!

Absolutely perfect! Amazing timing and placement to punch it out

Had to watch the game on delay and just finished getting through it…

Firstly, what a win It’s all about stacking Ws to try and get that #1 seed, particularly against one of the best teams in the NFL. Some observations

- Man, this team is resilient. Week in and week out, they find a different way to pull out a win in a close game.  We didn’t particularly have our A game or look pretty today but a win is a win

- The offence needs to find itself quick. Things were really out of sync without Dallas on the field. 8 of 11 drives we could get nothing going. Five were 3 and outs, and  the other three were a single first down. Not a stellar day at the office

- What I do give them credit for is the efficiency of converting each opportunity to 7 whenever the O could get more than a single first down. Two were great drives and one was set up by a big play downfield to Smith

- The middle screen to Swift was a great design that worked a few times. But other than that, they need to practice the screen game

- I can’t believe it finally worked and the success of a QB draw on a 3rd down in the red zone means it won’t be going anywhere. I mean it was the perfect cal against the specific D the Chiefs were in so you can bet Brian is calling that again

- One thing that’s missing from the past few weeks is that grind out drive to close out the game. Had the opportunity again like we did with Dallas but the O again couldn’t close it out after a promising start to the drive and put the D back out there

- What a stellar job from the D shutting out Mahomes in the 2nd half. They gave the offense chance after chance to get back in the game and then take the lead. Finally we were able to

- Couple of some very timely red zone turnovers from the D. Great to see it from our two mid-season DB acquisitions as well. Welcome to Philly Byard and Roby

- Chiefs O-line got away with a ton of holding. I saw at least 3 in live game which were so damn blatant that I was screaming at the TV. There were more when they showed replays. That and Mahomes escapability meant we were only credited with one sack but the D-line and ends in particular weee generating pass rush. 

- The chiefs were sloppy man. We got lucky on multiple dropped passes

- Not to the same extreme but this sorta felt like the Jets game in reverse. Chiefs were the better team at moving the ball down the field through the game but they were sloppy, our D kept us in the game and we made some timely plays to win the game. Between this and that  Dallas heart attack where we kept trying to give the game away, it feels like we sort have made up for that bad Jets game. We probably did deserve to lose one of these games somewhere. 9-1 and best record in the NFL feels about right!

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Remember how so many people said once the Eagles would start losing once they started player so called real teams if they keep playing like this? Well so far they’re doing pretty darn good playing real teams like this. 

They find ways. They either get out in front and find ways to hold on. Or they find ways to come back and respond. They’ve got to improve but they just keep winning.

Solid win on a bad night to play offense. Observations

1. The Chiefs O Line get away with more holds than any other O Line in the league, Mailata got called for what the Chiefs were doing all game.

2. The Chiefs also get a lot of ticky tack calls when they're in a tough spot, every time I've seen them this season they've been given a really soft automatic first down foul on a third and long, it stinks.

3. Desai is as good as any DC we've had at making adjustments at the half, I was really worried when they kept tossing it over Reddicks head in the flat, and gashing us with the run around the edge early game but the way he tightened it all up second half was great.

4. For Christ's sweet sake, the play calling in the 4th quarter, if I can tell sat at home that we're calling a screen, it's not fooling Steve Spagnuolo, then to try the same thing again the very next play, mind blowing, then to call a screen and QB run on 2nd and 3rd and 22, are you f'ing kidding me? It's like they were trying to lose.

But all said and done, we're 9-1 after playing the Chiefs on the road, the team is getting healthy again, if you'd been offered this position pre season you'd have taken it 100 times out of 100 without a second thought.

The sign of a good football team is finding a way to win even when it's not quite clicking, we're a very good football team.

1 hour ago, Ewaeagle said:

Andy Reid is reverting back to the Andy Reid with Thrash, Pinkston, and Curtis.

He can't throw to Jake from State Farm? 

WOW. 

Just watched the highlights. I woke up and checked the score at half time and thought - well thats that.

Yes there was a few KC drops, but that is an unbeleiveable performance second half. Made my week!

We should be fearing no one now, even if we lose to dallas, SF and the bills, we could still end up with the best record in the NFC

KC defense is quite good (2nd fewest pts given up in the league right now), weather conditions were awful, 21 points was actually pretty damn good considering those two facts.  Remember, they held the Lions to 21 as well and held the Dolphins to 14.  They've got a really good defense over there.

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

First time beating Andy (ever), I'll take it. Good, bad or ugly, as long as the final tick of the clock ticks with the Eagles winning. 

Yep. It was a win.

It would be nice if we could get at least one pretty win this season.

3 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

Hey DALLAS.

That is what a "Moral Victory" ACTUALLY looks like.

But I thought wins don't count unless they're blowouts  

Spoiler

even if they're blowouts against terrible teams

Watched the first half, then heard the 2nd half TD on the radio. Went to sleep knowing we're good.

2nd half shutout. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

But I thought wins don't count unless they're blowouts  

Hide contents

even if they're blowouts against terrible teams

Not sure who you are referring to here but I have not suggested such a thing.

Rather I suggested after the Dallas game that Moral Victories require you to at least win the game.

In this case I said that The Eagles beating the Chiefs would be a moral victory.

We beat the Chiefs.

Eagles are 9 and 1 and Dallas still sucks.

3 minutes ago, EagleFan85 said:

Not sure who you are referring to here

Cowboys fans and the national media (since the national media loves to go on about how amazing the Cowboys are with all their blowout wins, nevermind the fact that they're against garbage ass teams.)

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

i get that but we can't count on all opponents leaving 14-21 points on the field every week. 

One could argue this has happened in the Minny, Dallas, Miami, and Chiefs games just off the top of my head. Also the Eagles made a lot of mistakes themselves in those games. If you’re counting points off mistakes the Eagles opponents made then perhaps you should start counting the Eagles mistake points as well. Guess what? It still ends up being 9-1 or perhaps 10-0.

3 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Cowboys fans and the national media (since they love to go on about how amazing the Cowboys are with all their blowout wins, nevermind the fact that they're against garbage ass teams.)

F*** Dallas

5 hours ago, Eagles_ftw said:

w.thumb.jpg.54266b3de286a0880661d12925c24ea0.jpg

Can anybody spot what's wrong with this graphic put up by ESPN after the game?

ESPN analytics are trash. I bet even after this game they still have the Eagles as losing to the Bills. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

ESPN analytics are trash. I bet even after this game they still have the Eagles as losing to the Bills. 

So trash that they moved the Lions to an entirely different conference, not that they had any credibility to begin with, but they apparently think the Lions are in the AFC according to that graphic.

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

They got away with Holding Sweat and Davis on that play. On the play where they forced the fumble this dude literally wrapped his arms around Blankenship and hugged him with no call. 

Archived