GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs, 11-20-23, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Going into last night:

• Reid's solid record after the bye
  • Reid undefeated against the Eagles as Chiefs HC
  • Chiefs undefeated when they score first (I believe the broadcast put up the stat that was 18-0)

Btw, Nick Sirianni is now 3-0 after the bye.  Off to a good start in his young HC career.

I don’t get what’s wrong with people. This team went into a virtually un winnable situation, didn’t play their best, but still came out with a win and people are complaining about it. Some of us have gotten real spoiled from all this winning or they are clueless. I get it. It’s nice to see your team roll over everyone just like the undefeated Patriots did back in the day, but then they played the Super Bowl. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t get what’s wrong with people. This team went into a virtually un winnable situation, didn’t play their best, but still came out with a win and people are complaining about it. Some of us have gotten real spoiled from all this winning or they are clueless. I get it. It’s nice to see your team roll over everyone just like the undefeated Patriots did back in the day, but then they played the Super Bowl. 🤷‍♂️

Tough to compare to the Patriots because of their historic achievements.  But, a lot of times they won close games.  Early on people criticized them for just dink and dunk down the field as if they had to make big plays to impress people.  They just won. 

The Eagles had their biggest point differential this season against the Dolphins.  The D held their O to only 10 points, they had points off turnover.  The D shut them out in the 2nd half.  Offense to Offense they won 31-10. That wasn't good enough, fans complained about that game, too.

Eagles scored 34 points against the Vikings and Commanders (1st game), 38 against the Commanders 2nd game, 28 against the Cowboys.  Those aren't low numbers.  

They are ranked 5th in the league for points scored per game.

I hope there's a game soon with more of a point differential to make everyone feel better. It may come at the end of the season, but once they hit the Giants and Cardinals they may be saving plays and trying to stay healthy for the playoffs and may do just enough to win, or play backups in the final game.

Just win.  Winning is the only thing that matters.  

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Everyone saying what a great job desai has done, yeah in 2 second halfs. The rest of the games? not so much. Yes he's had personell issues but we're statistically the worst passing defence (maybe not now but we were)

What about when we got gashed on nearly every play by mac jones, sam howell and Kirk cousins? We got a bit lucky on the dallas game too, dak and ceedee killed us.

It will only take another bad performance or result and the negativity will come straight back.

If kelce, MVS and watson don't drop those passes mahomes puts up 350 and we lose

I take your point, but you make it sound like half time adjustments are a bad thing and an admission of culpability

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Tough to compare to the Patriots because of their historic achievements.  But, a lot of times they won close games.  Early on people criticized them for just dink and dunk down the field as if they had to make big plays to impress people.  They just won. 

The Eagles had their biggest point differential this season against the Dolphins.  The D held their O to only 10 points, they had points off turnover.  The D shut them out in the 2nd half.  Offense to Offense they won 31-10. That wasn't good enough, fans complained about that game, too.

Eagles scored 34 points against the Vikings and Commanders (1st game), 38 against the Commanders 2nd game, 28 against the Cowboys.  Those aren't low numbers.  

They are ranked 5th in the league for points scored per game.

I hope there's a game soon with more of a point differential to make everyone feel better. It may come at the end of the season, but once they hit the Giants and Cardinals they may be saving plays and trying to stay healthy for the playoffs and may do just enough to win, or play backups in the final game.

Just win.  Winning is the only thing that matters.  

Did the NFL bring in style points? Do the NFL have us play in a semblance of primetime almost every week because of style points? Hell, no. We are so often in primetime because we win, and casual fans want to see how other teams compare against the yardstick. The next stage, let´s call it the Man United Moment (or the Patriots Pathology, whatever) is when casuals watch us in the hope we lose to change things up. I think we can get there within two years.

Seems like we are a pretty good football team filled with talent that is winning games in spite of bad game plans, poor play calling, bad secondary play, injuries, and so on. Our D Line can change a game but our secondary generally needs a drop or an errant throw to end a drive. This was no different last night. Love how they battled on defense to overcome that reality. I also love that the drops came at exactly the right time. But we needed those drops to win. Is it too much to ask to have a defense that can stop a 4th and 25? We line up in the sticks defense and let Pat hit his receiver in the hands 27 yards down the field. Its a very good thing that he dropped that pass. I may have needed a new TV today had he caught it. On the offensive side we just look off and it has been consistent throughout the season. Again, this team is winning because of heart, talent, and sheer determination. We are not winning because of Brian Johnson's ability to run the offense. There is almost no creativity with the offensive play calling. We run when we should pass, pass when we should run. The QB draw is a GO TO red zone play at this point and that just makes zero sense to me. With all of the weapons on this team and we need to run a QB draw in the red zone once a week? WTF? A Simple hand off often looks like there is way too much thinking going on. Jalen is holding the ball so long looking for the RPO that Swift is having to slow down and wait for him to let go. Love the RPO and it has an important place in our offense, but line up and hand the ball off from time to time. When looking for the RPO is causing your run plays to take as long as pass plays to develop it is a problem. At the end of the day we keep winning games and I will happily take it. They have built a nice cushion in both the NFC and the NFC East. They are tested under pressure and we all know they can beat anyone in the league if they play their best football. In fact the 2023 Eagles are beating teams while not playing their best football so it is what it is.

Moving on now.

Lets go beat the snot out of them Bills.

Go Birds

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s the thing though. The Eagles have been winning like this for two years now. If you think they blew out every opponent they faced last year you’re wrong. They’re one of the few teams that have winning records against winning teams this season. And look at what happens to all these teams that have been doing what you’re asking the Eagles to do which is beat up teams and face no adversity. As soon as they get some adversity they fold up. You can say you don’t care about other teams which is fine, but if you don’t realize that the Chiefs dropping passes is basically what they do then you’re missing the big picture. If you’re also ignoring the fact the Eagles defense stopped the Chiefs in the red zone twice with two forced turnovers then you’re not giving the Eagles any credit. 

Everything I enlarged are things I never posted. You made those extreme positions up in your head, used your imagination to attribute them to me, and then argued with yourself. It was a little entertaining but not the point of the discussion. I'll simplify it.

1. I do not expect perfection. 

2. The Eagles are not playing up to their full potential.

3. I want them to improve because I believe they can and doing so will maximize their chances to win it all.

That's it. Nothing at all about other teams.

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

roll over everyone like the 2007 pats?

Through the first 11 games the average points for / against for that team was 40.2  to 16.8  - 23.4 score difference on avg

Us this year, 27.3 / 21.2 - 6.2 score difference on avg

We're winning which is the key, but we're hardly dominating, even compared to last year.

our game against the 2007 pats of 31-28 is closer than it would be if we played them this year...Moss would've decimated this secondary

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Honestly his take is disrespectful to Hurts.  Really belittled his passing ability and made it sound like he is only good when he runs.  

On 11/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, Infam said:

#Eagles HC Nick Sirianni with a message to #Chiefs fans after Monday night's win in Kansas City:

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1727165941723914584?s=20

My type of coach. 😄

:Eagle_smiley:

It’s weird that the coach is the screaming unstable guy and the quarterback is the voice of reason. Then again when you consider he’s a WR guy I guess it makes sense. 😂

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s weird that the coach is the screaming unstable guy and the quarterback is the voice of reason. Then again when you consider he’s a WR guy I guess it makes sense. 😂

It is weird but hey it just works!

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought the exact same thing!! 😂

It‘s weird but I like it a lot.

I liked how Hurts checked in and out of plays so well- eventually. That DeVonta play that saved the game.... primo.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, EazyEaglez said:

There was that game last year where Siri was going nuts gloating and Hurts pushed his arms down and told him to calm down.  :lol:

More I think about it, I would have been happy if we gave up a 1 and a 2 for Surtain. Maybe they wanted more, but more likely Howie doesn’t consider offering that much

On 11/23/2023 at 11:17 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I think it’s why he works so well with both Howie and Jalen. There is no butting heads in any of those relationships

I don’t see either Chip’s "I can do Howie’s job better than Howie” nor Doug’s "Just run the damn plays like my best friend Press Taylor tells you to run them” from Sirianni

Archived