Zach Ertz released by Cardinals (Cleared Waivers)

psychodog

6 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Didn’t really work out for him in Arizona, not sure he’d bring anything to the team at this stage in his career 

Do stoll or calcaterra bring anything?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Bring him home. He can still get open and there is NO ONE I trust more on a 3rd and 4/5/6 vs a zone than Zach Ertz. 

bring him home Howie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Bring him home. He can still get open and there is NO ONE I trust more on a 3rd and 4/5/6 vs a zone than Zach Ertz. 

bring him home Howie. 

ertzzz.0.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

It'd be a nice pickup and give Jalen a nice safety blanke/3rd down converter across the middle.  We don't really need him, but I'd love to see him in an Eagles uni again.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MF POON said:

It'd be a nice pickup and give Jalen a nice safety blanke/3rd down converter across the middle.  We don't really need him, but I'd love to see him in an Eagles uni again.

We don’t need him in that he’s not going to contribute a huge amount but I think he has a role here? Like to mix things up and as a red zone target? I think it would be a good addition.

• Like 2

As a backup 3rd down TE / some packages as 3rd/slot receiver (4th option in the passing game) - think it makes a lot of sense.

This O is so reliant on the trio of Brown / Smith / Goedert, and as we have seen we have stalled for big parts the past two weeks with one of them down, its also good injury insurance re. still having some dependable passing options if the trio isn't at full health.

• Like 1

Sure, why not. Bring him back.

Who leaves though to make room for him?

I was hoping Julio Jones would the the 'Zach Ertz'.

Bring back Ertz, Reich as offensive consultant, get Suh as a backup DT again...

were-putting-the-band-back-together-were

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I actually think Ertz would be a good fit in our offense, even with Goedert as the TE1. Ertz was never a mauler as a blocker, but he was better than some are giving him credit for. He would be an instant upgrade over Stoll in two TE sets and defenses would actually have to respect his receiving threat. Ertz is great at running routes and getting open and is very good at finding a spot when the QB is scrambling. 

Obviously, he'd have to clear waivers and without restructuring a bunch of contracts, we simply don't have a lot of cap space to work with this year. It sounds like there may be an offer on the table already for Leonard with our remaining space. If Ertz cleared waivers and wanted a reunion at the vet minimum, it could really help this team during the final stretch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I actually think Ertz would be a good fit in our offense, even with Goedert as the TE1. Ertz was never a mauler as a blocker, but he was better than some are giving him credit for. He would be an instant upgrade over Stoll in two TE sets and defenses would actually have to respect his receiving threat. Ertz is great at running routes and getting open and is very good at finding a spot when the QB is scrambling. 

Obviously, he'd have to clear waivers and without restructuring a bunch of contracts, we simply don't have a lot of cap space to work with this year. It sounds like there may be an offer on the table already for Leonard with our remaining space. If Ertz cleared waivers and wanted a reunion at the vet minimum, it could really help this team during the final stretch. 

Blount is the kind of back I sorely miss on this team....big, bruising running back that is tough to bring down....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Blount is the kind of back I sorely miss on this team....big, bruising running back that is tough to bring down....

We win last Feb if he's (or someone similar) is on the team

• Like 2

He wants to play for a contender. Would he choose Philly or could he be hoping to hook up with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville?

25 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

We win last Feb if he's (or someone similar) is on the team

Very much agreed....him or Ajayi