Zach Ertz released by Cardinals (Cleared Waivers)

psychodog

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Still no news or have I missed it?

Nada, might not be 100% still from the injury and if he is banged up a team won't want him on the 53. Otherwise the interest may not be there from the contenders. 

I was onboard initially, but it has become exceedingly clear that if your name isn't Brown, Smith, or Goedert, you won't be allowed to help this passing offense. I strongly believe Ertz still has the exact tools this offense could use, but that would require a philosophical change which the coaches have vocally dismissed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I was onboard initially, but it has become exceedingly clear that if your name isn't Brown, Smith, or Goedert, you won't be allowed to help this passing offense. I strongly believe Ertz still has the exact tools this offense could use, but that would require a philosophical change which the coaches have vocally dismissed. 

But that wouldn't be specific to Ertz. If the Eagles aren't interested that's one thing, but he's still out there after two full weeks. Lots of contenders need TE depth - Dallas, Baltimore, Miami. Yet...

So I take it that he's either not healthy enough for anyone to want him, he wants too much money (or too long a contract), or teams don't think he can help them for this season and don't want to sign him? 

Initially I wanted this, but since our coaches don't want to spread the ball around it wouldn't even make a difference anyway.  They barely get Goedert involved half the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess Ertz is waiting for who gets seeded where? 

I think that's it. There's a sense of inevitability he lands in SF.