Matt Patricia taking over???

DBW

6 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Meh. They still have no talent in the back 7.

Maybe he'll get the Dline to finally be better though. Doubt it

What about the offense? 

Wait we have no one else who can call plays on offense. We all saw what Nick did in his first year and why Steve took over mid season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

Hmmm and Slay goes and gets surgery…

Yeah funny how that works huh?  The surgery he got should have been taken care of during the bye week. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hope he's better than he was when the Eagles burned him to a crisp in the Super Bowl.

• Like 4

Huh? This seems so so strange! I mean sure things needed to change but I’m not sure Desai should be the fall guy given the offensive struggles. BJ is working with a lot lot more talent than Desai is.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Will MP really be calling the plays or will Desai call them in and MP just relays them to the LB?

At this point they should just let fans call the plays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Huh? This seems so so strange! I mean sure things needed to change but I’m not sure Desai should be the fall guy given the offensive struggles. BJ is working with a lot lot more talent than Desai is.

I think that, along with being a close Hurts family friend, is why he is lasting longer. His time is coming at some point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I think that, along with being a close Hurts family friend, is why he is lasting longer. His time is coming at some point.

Yeah that’s a good point there. He’s still in the position he’s in because of his close relationship with Hurts. Starting to feel more and more like 2018…

39 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I hope he's better than he was when the Eagles burned him to a crisp in the Super Bowl.

I made similar sentiments in the blog. I'm fine with them making this change, but my expectations are in check. My lasting impression of Patricia is his defense in LII.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Will MP really be calling the plays or will Desai call them in and MP just relays them to the LB?

Sounds like Patricia is the DC as far as job function, but Desai may keep the title in name only. Patricia will call the defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Im sure BJ is on borrowed time as well. He will be gone for sure if the offense still looks bad vs the Seahawks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Im sure BJ is on borrowed time as well. He will be gone for sure if the offense still looks bad vs the Seahawks.

He will get a pass if Hurts is out. Not saying he should but he will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This feels like a team who knows they got away with a lot whilst winning and are in panic mode.

Yeah that's the vibe I'm getting. Damn well hope it works against Seattle.

I mean they are close to the bottom in every meaningful defensive stat (outside of sacks and run yards). Hopefully this sparks an improvement.

Doesn't bode well for Desai retaining his role next year - I'm quite OK with that

• Like 1

This is great news, I guess. It can’t get much worse than Desai. Patricia has won Super Bowls as a DC. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, b_west3 said:

At this point they should just let fans call the plays. 

We can put a analog voting thing on the Chairs. Everyone can vote on the next play to happen.

So instead of firing Desai they "promoted" him....what the actual F? 

There's no way Desai will be back next season, I guess they're auditioning Patricia for 2024 DC 

• Like 2